Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mglviks

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by mglviks »

Free Agency only*

Will attempt to keep OP updated with signings.

Beasley, Hermengomez, Jmac RFAs- who you got? want? Price?

Room for MLE.. Few teams with cap space. Who ya want?

Do we have a chance for a Christian Wood? Justin Holiday? Could Favors be our new Taj?

Target list:
C. Wood
J. Grant
M. Harrell
D. White
J. Harris
J. Crowder
D. Bertas
D. Favors
J. Clarkson
B. Forbes
J. Holiday
KCP
H. Giles
C. Boucher
G. Robinson
R. Hood
N. Noel
J. Jackson
A. Burks
W. Chandler
RJH
A. Rivers
E. Moore
S. Napier

Signings:
Last edited by mglviks on Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mglviks

Re: ** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by mglviks »

I for one hope we keep all 3 Beas, Juan and Jmac.

Obviously the elephant in the room is Beas legal troubles. He will still be given a chance. And if so. We should be the ones to give him that. Not everyone is a choir boy.

What price is too much to let jmac walk? Let the market dictate.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I hope we resign all 3. No one is going to touch Beasley with a 30 foot pole and Juancho/JMac should be cheap.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:36 pm I hope we resign all 3. No one is going to touch Beasley with a 30 foot pole and Juancho/JMac should be cheap.
I started playing NBA2k20 season mode again, and I was reluctant to even give him minutes. I am that disgusted with the guy. Really needs to clean up his life.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

The season could very well end up being in some type of a bubble. Do we really want Beasley in a bubble with our players?

Hide yo kids...hide yo wife...
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Need Beasley gone. Want a clean locker room with Kat and Dlo's first year playing together to get the good vibes going.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

shoteh wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:09 pm Need Beasley gone. Want a clean locker room with Kat and Dlo's first year playing together to get the good vibes going.
If that’s the case then I think you do the trade down with Charlotte to get Bridges, then draft Edwards.

Maybe trade down again and take Halliburton, if you like him more.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

What team wouldn't care about Beasley's issues, Lakers?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:55 pm What team wouldn't care about Beasley's issues, Lakers?
The Dallas Cowboys...
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Could possibly do a sign-and-trade with Beasley. Remember, with a sign-and-trade it needs to be a three-year deal, but only the first year has to be guaranteed. A team could give up an asset and not necessarily be locked in long-term if he can't behave. But if he turns it around, they can keep him on what is likely a lower priced deal when inked.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Beas talk is great and all. Fair as that will be a huge factor on what happens. But the thread wasn't meant to be a Beas only debate.

Anyone with targets, guesses?

C. Wood
J. Grant
M. Harrell
D. White
J. Harris
J. Crowder
D. Favors
J. Clarkson
B. Forbes
H. Giles
C. Boucher
G. Robinson
W. Chandler
RJH
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mglviks wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 am Beas talk is great and all. Fair as that will be a huge factor on what happens. But the thread wasn't meant to be a Beas only debate.

C. Wood
J. Grant
M. Harrell
D. White
J. Harris
J. Crowder
D. Favors
J. Clarkson
B. Forbes
H. Giles
C. Boucher
G. Robinson
W. Chandler
RJH
D. Jones is who I would target. Not really seeing the others at potential costs.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 am
mglviks wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 am Beas talk is great and all. Fair as that will be a huge factor on what happens. But the thread wasn't meant to be a Beas only debate.

C. Wood
J. Grant
M. Harrell
D. White
J. Harris
J. Crowder
D. Favors
J. Clarkson
B. Forbes
H. Giles
C. Boucher
G. Robinson
W. Chandler
RJH
D. Jones is who I would target. Not really seeing the others at potential costs.
All costs are relative. We only have mle.

But only a few teams have actual cap space.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mglviks wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:36 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 am

C. Wood
J. Grant
M. Harrell
D. White
J. Harris
J. Crowder
D. Favors
J. Clarkson
B. Forbes
H. Giles
C. Boucher
G. Robinson
W. Chandler
RJH
All costs are relative. We only have mle.

But only a few teams have actual cap space.
I am aware, not sure what that refresher has to do with my post, but correct.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Sign Beasley.

We have enough bitches on the team. We need ballers.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yes to jmac - on the fence with beas - no to juanch. we can do better at backup PF. he's a bit undersized, is enthusiastic, runs hard and has a career mark of 36% from three - BUT - the bad is that his D is subpar, and he's got career per 36s that sort of make me wince - 11.8/7.6/1.5. those IMO are the numbers of someone who should be struggling to stay in the league, let alone land a bigger deal. as for bringing in some FA in from outside - i don't see much that moves my needle - or maybe that is feasible. when we've got three picks and undoubtedly some sort of draft night trade happening - paired with all the comings and goings this past year - i think there's a good case for standing somewhat pat and seeing what we have.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Keeping Beas and setting him straight on a low deal is a win win. We show as a franchise that we're committed to building and grooming young men and Beas has to prove himself while losing millions of dollars. Two year deal, team options the 2nd year if he fucks up. We have to try given we spent a FRP for him.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Juancho could be a backup SF for cheap ....which i think is great value. He can play 3 or 4, and off the bench for 3 to 4 is a fair get IMO.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Welp pretty sure our only outside FA signing will be a PF.

Think derrick Favors makes the most reasonable sense for someone in our realistic realm. (We ain't getting Wood). Although with Favors age ought to think he would like to go to a team with a chance.

C. Boucher and Harry Giles are my homerun swing options. Giles was the #1 HS prospect staying healthy will be his key, the talent is there Still only 22. 6'11 220 17/10/3/1/1 per

Boucher maybe a little older but just popped on the scene this year, fantastic defensive instincts. 6'9 200 18/12/1/1/2.7(blk)
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Still hope to retain Beasley and hope for some value at the deadline or our microwave scorer off the bench.

Jmac I hope finds backup work. He deserves it. But wont be here.

Juancho for sure needs to be retained. Still best suited off the bench.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

mglviks wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 am Still hope to retain Beasley and hope for some value at the deadline or our microwave scorer off the bench.

Jmac I hope finds backup work. He deserves it. But wont be here.

Juancho for sure needs to be retained. Still best suited off the bench.
This draft basically spells the end for Beasley.

And it might not be just in Minnesota, but the whole league.

Dude was in line for like $12 mill a year. What a hard lesson for him, and I hope he learns it.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I'm really interest to see who gets moved this weekend, right now we have too many bodies. Two bigs I'd like to bring in are Giles and Skal, as I think both could be cheap but still have upside. I don't believe we keep Jmac, but I have no problem signing Juancho and Beas back. I wonder who we move this weekend, right now, even with G league and stashing, we've got too many bodies!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Considering we dont have a legit PF that can rebound, Herzagomez should be a priority.

He kind of sucks, but for what you will have to pay him, there wont be much better options. I think you play Layman at PF in todays league, but Layman doesn't rebound much.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Doogie was on one of Dane Moore's recent draft podcasts and said Rosas tried a couple times to get Christian Wood to Houston when Rosas was there. Will be interesting to see if he tries again this year. It's probably doubtful considering we can only offer the mid-level, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 am Doogie was on one of Dane Moore's recent draft podcasts and said Rosas tried a couple times to get Christian Wood to Houston when Rosas was there. Will be interesting to see if he tries again this year. It's probably doubtful considering we can only offer the mid-level, but it doesn't hurt to try.
How much money would a player like Christian Wood expect? I cannot imagine he is going to get more than $8 million per... right?

With our gluteny of guards, we trade Culver for a protected pick next year... sign Beasley and Christian Wood.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 am Doogie was on one of Dane Moore's recent draft podcasts and said Rosas tried a couple times to get Christian Wood to Houston when Rosas was there. Will be interesting to see if he tries again this year. It's probably doubtful considering we can only offer the mid-level, but it doesn't hurt to try.
How much money would a player like Christian Wood expect? I cannot imagine he is going to get more than $8 million per... right?

With our gluteny of guards, we trade Culver for a protected pick next year... sign Beasley and Christian Wood.
I could see a few teams offering their full mid-level. Would he pick us over other mid-level offers?
Corre Ricky Corre

Just trade for one of the Knicks 10 PF's
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 am Just trade for one of the Knicks 10 PF's
Culver is a bit of a Thibadeau type player, maybe he would take him for Portis or Julius Randle who doesnt seem like a Thibadeau player.

Altough that would was seem like a lopsided deal. Culver still has some potential. We know what Portis and Randle are.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Waiting for some trade/free agency rumors. Is anyone else worried Juancho will be our starting power forward this season?
Corre Ricky Corre

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:02 am Waiting for some trade/free agency rumors. Is anyone else worried Juancho will be our starting power forward this season?
Yes... I think it is an epic failure if he is.