Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official 2021 Wolves Positivity Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

***Official 2021 Wolves Positivity Thread***

Post by thinktank »

Is it just me, or do the Wolves have a good amount of capital, flexibility, and vision going into this draft / offseason?

I can't help but feel positive about where we're headed.

Somebody talk me down.
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: ***Official 2021 Wolves Positivity Thread***

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

We have arrived!!!!
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I feel like if they bring the same roster back, including JJ/Beasley, everybody stays healthy, they don't even make any draft trades, draft any pair of players ranked in the top 17, they'll be competitive and fun to watch.

That said I think they will come out of the draft and free agency well ahead of that.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

We may not compete now,teams in the west are so good,but alot of older players and high salaries. Even if they all are good a few more years the wolves will just be entering thier prime playing years.
A base of Russell,towns,Culver,okogie, 2 good picks ,a good sized expiring contract (with a player that's useful) no really bad salaries..and hoping the Beasley issue is smoothed out

Good future outlook. Gotta nail this draft. If Culver improves and can be a legit starter that helps a lot.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I think having an 11-month offseason will definitely help them. Some of the other contenders have older players that could suddenly have breakdowns or need games off that would give us an advantage as well. Even if they aren't playoff-bound just yet, I'm hoping that they are at least competitive, improving, and are fun to watch every game.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:16 pm We have arrived!!!!
:lol:

If you build it, they will come!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:17 pm I feel like if they bring the same roster back, including JJ/Beasley, everybody stays healthy, they don't even make any draft trades, draft any pair of players ranked in the top 17, they'll be competitive and fun to watch.

That said I think they will come out of the draft and free agency well ahead of that.
Exactly!

Every team "gets better" in the offseason, but the Wolves are just at that point in their development where they're set up well cap-wise, and they have a lot of assets, and flexibility, and Thibs isn't in charge to cut everyone's throat to win now.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

swenjj wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:25 pm We may not compete now,teams in the west are so good,but alot of older players and high salaries. Even if they all are good a few more years the wolves will just be entering thier prime playing years.
A base of Russell,towns,Culver,okogie, 2 good picks ,a good sized expiring contract (with a player that's useful) no really bad salaries..and hoping the Beasley issue is smoothed out

Good future outlook. Gotta nail this draft. If Culver improves and can be a legit starter that helps a lot.
They can be very Nuggets '19 / Blazers.

We should be able get there.

That said, I actually love both Okokie and Culver. If you can't get a dope wing in this draft, one or both of those guys needs to pan out, because we either have to consolidate them into a trade for a better wing, or somehow hit on a wing in the treadmill area of the draft.

What I'm saying is, it would be KILLER if one or both of Okogie and / or Culver panned out.

What I like about Culver is his defense is really solid. Hit a three and finish. He can have a long career.

Okogie is pretty much there.

Keep progressing, Wolves wings!
Style

Post by Style »

Who’s your guy at #1 thinktank?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think we'll have an overall horrible season marred by injuries and COVID, but there will be the occasional flash of hopeful greatness when we unexpectedly knock off teams like green bay.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ohh it's been a while since we had the good ol' positivity thread. ALL ABOARD!!!
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rosas and his minions are playing this thing like a fiddle...he is going to come away with something great or spectacularly fail trying.

Exciting Times Ahead!!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Really just wanna see Kat and Dlo play together and see what they can do. Ultimate goal is that they start to win games sparking a new energy yet to be seen since Rubio and Love. It might even get them to buy on playing better D like we saw with Kat at the beginning of last year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I am nervous about the draft and free agency.... they need to find the right pieces to put around KAT/Russell or the idea of a schedule where you mainly play west teams worries me. KAT/Russell don't seem like a duo at this point that will embrace losing... if it's not working this year, then what? I am hoping they hit a homerun in the draft.... shock me and get the unquestioned best player! Maybe it will be a guy at 17 that blossoms, who knows!

I think I am out on a multi-year deal for Beasley at this point too... one year qualifying offer, sure.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Ryan Saunders
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

The time for all the Pissin’ and Moanin’ is done - save some for the season ahead. For now - let’s move on and all try and now say at least one thing after the Draft and FA that you are looking forward to.

I love the return of Rubio and the addition of Davis. Teams need leaders and vets like ships need rudders and not only that they need chemistry, and by all accounts Rubio and Davis are excellent and help provide both.

I hope Edwards isn’t JR Rider part II, he seems like a good kid and his athletic potential is something we haven’t seen since LaVine and this guy should be better.

I wanted stars and that wasn’t realistic, all in all the Wolves actually look pretty stocked with actual NBA Talent at many positions, which I haven’t been able to say in a long time.

Let’s hope lightning strikes!!

GO WOLVES!!! :thumbsup:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I am looking forward to 3 second shots of the Timberwolves Cheerleaders dancing while we come out of a commercial break.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I'm looking forward to DLO and KAT actually playing together for an extended period of time. We're most likely losing our pick next year anyway, so no motivation to keep them out ove r minor things, get their asses out their and actually start building something.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

oh fuck. not the yearly positivity thread.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Our starting lineup two years ago was way better than this. Didn't really matter though because Butler wasn't bought in.

If we can keep these players excited to play together, then that will be something we can build on.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

It’s really all about Edwards. If he’s a stud, we’ll win a fun number of games and have tons of optimism for the future, regardless of how well Ricky fits back in and whatever McDaniels and the rest does or doesn’t do.

If he sucks, it doesn’t matter how good the rest are. It’s a disaster.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think the bigger if is karl and dlo playing defense every night. not sure if they even have that capability, but if they do and they commit to it, that to me is the biggest variable about wins/losses.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm i think the bigger if is karl and dlo playing defense every night. not sure if they even have that capability, but if they do and they commit to it, that to me is the biggest variable about wins/losses.
DLO played defense pretty well in GS because Draymond took it upon himself to set that as an important standard and to hold him accountable.
So he is capable, sadly we don't have any obvious similar player to Draymond that can make that command and follow through on it.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Palmeirense

Post by Palmeirense »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm i think the bigger if is karl and dlo playing defense every night. not sure if they even have that capability, but if they do and they commit to it, that to me is the biggest variable about wins/losses.
DLO played defense pretty well in GS because Draymond took it upon himself to set that as an important standard and to hold him accountable.
So he is capable, sadly we don't have any obvious similar player to Draymond that can make that command and follow through on it.
He played decent defense in Brooklyn as well. He definitely had a few moments with the Wolves. I think it all comes down to how the team is performing with him.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

For me, it’s seeing DLo & KAT play an entire season together, while hoping/watching for Culver, Okogie, Vanderbilt, &/or Reid to take a leap.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I can't wait until they release the schedule so I can be first to say "I dont see a loss on there"
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm
Ricky Rubio? He is saying he won't hold back on leadership and letting guys know if they're slacking.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:30 am It’s really all about Edwards. If he’s a stud, we’ll win a fun number of games and have tons of optimism for the future, regardless of how well Ricky fits back in and whatever McDaniels and the rest does or doesn’t do.

Imagine him being as good as Ja Morant. The positivity will be through the roof.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

82-0 even though they are only playing 72 games. Yeah, figure that shit out.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:30 am It’s really all about Edwards. If he’s a stud, we’ll win a fun number of games and have tons of optimism for the future, regardless of how well Ricky fits back in and whatever McDaniels and the rest does or doesn’t do.

Imagine him being as good as Ja Morant. The positivity will be through the roof.
Man, when they see what Edwards can do people will be saying who the fuck is Zion Williamson?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."