Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ben Simmons for the No. 1 Pick?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade the No. 1 pick, Culver, Johnson, Spellman, and Evans for Ben Simmons?

Yes, in heart beat. All NBA defender and 3rd star to pair with KAT & DLo
72%
No, giving too much and Simmons can't shoot
28%

Total votes: 68

Philo Beddoe

Re: Ben Simmons for the No. 1 Pick?

Post by Philo Beddoe »

By the way, I can't believe teams are still putting their hopes of a championship on hiring doc rivers.

Dude is so overrated
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Booker signing for the midlevel in 4 years.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am Image

Which NBA team says no?

Minnesota Timberwolves get Ben Simmons & 21st draft pick.

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans & 1st overall draft pick.

OKC Thunder get Jarrett Culver, Josh Richardson, James Johnson & the 17th Pick.
Philly and Wolves say no. Why do we need to throw in Culver and why does Philly have to throw in Richardson to get a salary dump out of a rebuild team?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:07 am

Which NBA team says no?

Philadelphia 76ers get Chris Paul, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans & 1st overall draft pick.

Philly and Wolves say no. Why do we need to throw in Culver and why does Philly have to throw in Richardson to get a salary dump out of a rebuild team?
The bigger question is how is OKC getting positive value for Paul? I could see PHI cutting salary, just not to do it only to take back Paul. If anything OKC should be tossing in a couple of FRPs (maybe more if they are getting all that positive value excluding #17) not getting one back and that is the difference between something that has a chance and doesn't. In other words if Philly parts with both Simmons and Richardson and MN gets Simmons and OKC Richardson and an expiring and a young player, PHI should be getting #1 and multiple picks from OKC in addition to a young player or two. If you count Spellman as one, OKC probably needs to toss in someone like Dort or Bazley.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fattymcgee

Post by Fattymcgee »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:20 am I have lived in both Minnesota and Philly.

Both winters suck balls.

Maybe we can bring Rubio back to teach Simmons how to shoot.
Except Rubio was the worst finisher in the entire league and Simmons is one of the best.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:48 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:07 am

Which NBA team says no?

The bigger question is how is OKC getting positive value for Paul? I could see PHI cutting salary, just not to do it only to take back Paul. If anything OKC should be tossing in a couple of FRPs (maybe more if they are getting all that positive value excluding #17) not getting one back and that is the difference between something that has a chance and doesn't. In other words if Philly parts with both Simmons and Richardson and MN gets Simmons and OKC Richardson and an expiring and a young player, PHI should be getting #1 and multiple picks from OKC in addition to a young player or two. If you count Spellman as one, OKC probably needs to toss in someone like Dort or Bazley.
Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................That was my exact question.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I am not a fan of Simmons but if you keep Beasley and add Simmons it's a fucking score!
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Yawn.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 am Image
Instantly in the top 5 in the West if you resign Beasley as well. :naners:

Ben Simmons is such a plus defender with his steals, rebounds, etc.
T_J

Post by T_J »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:32 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 am Image
Instantly in the top 5 in the West if you resign Beasley as well. :naners:

Ben Simmons is such a plus defender with his steals, rebounds, etc.
Biggest issue there is 25 is Derrick Rose's number which is in the rafters.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

What kind of low point do you have to hit to tweet shitty made-up deals to sportswriters for approval?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:41 pm What kind of low point do you have to hit to tweet shitty made-up deals to sportswriters for approval?
He’s just helping Rosas along with the deal, and Rosas needs as much help as possible when it comes to Draft Day Deals. We should thank Unfade!!!!

If he gets stuck with another Culver they might as well trade KAT and board up Target Center.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Did you try Doogie as well?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hell yeah. We have enough 3 point shooting and with Simmons being the facilitator? GG
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Who the fuck voted no?

DH?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 pm Who the fuck voted no?

DH?
It’s Fade. I just react on impulse. Sorry.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 pm
LordNu wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 pm Who the fuck voted no?

DH?
It’s Fade. I just react on impulse. Sorry.
:lol: :thumbsup:
j2j

Post by j2j »

In a heartbeat. Maybe a flip of 17 for 21 is needed, but wherever it is, use that 2nd pick for another wing shooter, preferably one who can play defense

KAT/Simmons/DLo/Beasley/(17, Vanderbilt, Launcho, whoever) is a nice starting lineup.

As long as Ben doesnt throw anymore chokeholds on KAT. Or maybe he should, might choke the bitch out of him.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I mean what are we giving up in this trade? Culver who showed a few flashes but seemed at least a few years off and a #1 pick in a weak top end draft for an all-star caliber player.

Uhh..yeah.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I wanted to keep Beasley in the previous version of this floated trade. I can't see them wanting to trade for him with his current legal issues. Would be a great get for LordNu.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm I mean what are we giving up in this trade? Culver who showed a few flashes but seemed at least a few years off and a #1 pick in a weak top end draft for an all-star caliber player.

Uhh..yeah.
Wolves would be giving up 1, 17, Culver, and 3 expiring contracts in Johnson, Spellman, and Evans for Simmons and 21 back.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm I wanted to keep Beasley in the previous version of this floated trade. I can't see them wanting to trade for him with his current legal issues. Would be a great get for LordNu.
The only problem would be seeing a rise in Australian bandwagon fans. They know nothing of the shit we have been through. The amount of Butler Wolves jerseys I saw when we got him was ridiculous, of course they have all left the Wolves now though.

I was seriously questioning my following of this side after the Hawks loss this season. I had never been so low. Should we get Simmons and put out a dynamite product, then see these bandwagoners jump aboard, I just wouldn't be able to accept them.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:30 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm I mean what are we giving up in this trade? Culver who showed a few flashes but seemed at least a few years off and a #1 pick in a weak top end draft for an all-star caliber player.

Uhh..yeah.
Wolves would be giving up 1, 17, Culver, and 3 expiring contracts in Johnson, Spellman, and Evans for Simmons and 21 back.
Basically a 1st pick we have no real consensus on; 17 which would bring in a decent player but swapped for the 21 so we only drop 4 places; A player who didn't exactly shine but may end up a decent player; a top quality locker room guy who has been injured a fair bit plus two players who would never play for the Wolves.

We aren't giving up anything that we really covet ourselves.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Uhh..yeah.
I’m certain YBBR can read and that he was posing a rhetorical question, you mudflap.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

LordNu wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:08 am BTW, I will put this out there, Simmons will hate Minnesota's winter. We Melbournians can't stand the cold.

Whether he is pro about it, I can't say. How bad is Philly's weather compared to Minnesota?
I'd say he got some bit of tempering in Philly. No where near as cold bit does snow in winter. Maybe he can be ready for the next step into the land of ice and snow.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

LordNu wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm I wanted to keep Beasley in the previous version of this floated trade. I can't see them wanting to trade for him with his current legal issues. Would be a great get for LordNu.
The only problem would be seeing a rise in Australian bandwagon fans. They know nothing of the shit we have been through. The amount of Butler Wolves jerseys I saw when we got him was ridiculous, of course they have all left the Wolves now though.

I was seriously questioning my following of this side after the Hawks loss this season. I had never been so low. Should we get Simmons and put out a dynamite product, then see these bandwagoners jump aboard, I just wouldn't be able to accept them.
Plus everyone here would blame you and all Aussie exports if it doesn't work out. 😄😄😄