Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Malik Beasley arrested

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
weimy froob

Re: Malik Beasley arrested

Post by weimy froob »

i will say that the reason why they had to go in the house seems dubious. wasn't all the action taking place outside? they smell pot so they get a warrant?

that said-what is this guy doing? birds of a feather-involved in a drugs and guns culture. and the main reason why those cops wanted to get in that house was the previous trouble they had at the house.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

He’ll be fine.

Needs to get a better weed hookup.

Maybe I should give him my hookup’s digits.

She comes over with a huge jar with 15 different kinds.

You can customize the exact buzz you want.

Come on, Malik.

Up your game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Neat
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Lonzo Ball has to be the pick now :naners:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

god. maybe the nba should just institute a career long bubble for their players.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Looks like nothing so far, will be treated as such until something sticks

Mary Jane shouldn't really be a headline anymore, everyone and their mom is medicated nowadays
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:21 pm Looks like nothing so far, will be treated as such until something sticks

Mary Jane shouldn't really be a headline anymore, everyone and their mom is medicated nowadays
I think the stolen fire arm is the big deal here. :shrug:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Get rid of him.

He was a risk contract anyway. He's 50/50 to be worth what they will pay him or be a bust.

Not going ahead on him now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it would be interesting to learn if there was any of this going on in denver - and that's one of the reasons why he fell out of favor, out of the rotation and then moved.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:49 pm it would be interesting to learn if there was any of this going on in denver - and that's one of the reasons why he fell out of favor, out of the rotation and then moved.
I can't imagine that this type of behavior started when he moved to mpls, i think you're on to something..
TonyJoe

Post by TonyJoe »

We can match any offer to him right?

..what team is going to break the bank for him now? I think we just got a guy for cheap..

What kind of discount is or could be expected?
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:49 pm it would be interesting to learn if there was any of this going on in denver - and that's one of the reasons why he fell out of favor, out of the rotation and then moved.
Quick Google search shows Him fighting an NFL player in an apartment lobby .looks like a girl involved but it didn't say much.

We just didn't need any drama .

It could blow over but just say he's out, who is more likely now? Edwards or ball and have Russell play off the ball more ?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:50 pm
I can't imagine that this type of behavior started when he moved to mpls, i think you're on to something..
You would think a legal background check is normal before any trades take place.

Anyway remember the Wolves getting Webster from Portland I believe, Portland hid the guys back problems. I don’t remember if anything ever came of that for the Wolves.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

The Timberwolves for you people. The gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing else to say.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

After digesting it a little bit, I started to think about how it may mean a discount! Funny that you guys also had the same thoughts.

But bloody hell, we really need to move the Target Center off the ancient native american burial ground.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Well, we will get him for cheaper.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

LordNu wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:12 pm After digesting it a little bit, I started to think about how it may mean a discount! Funny that you guys also had the same thoughts.

But bloody hell, we really need to move the Target Center off the ancient native american burial ground.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:50 am I would still re-sign him. 4 years 50 million, he would be ideal 6th man in the Eric Gordon, Terrance Ross role for the Wolves.
Might be closer to 4 years 25 million. :thinking:
Style

Post by Style »

He owns the house? He must’ve been pretty confident he was staying in Minny.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Style wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:07 pm He owns the house? He must’ve been pretty confident he was staying in Minny.
Even though it was relatively little, Rosas is invested in Beasley and he is exactly the type of player he wants. I'm sure there have been many "behind the scenes" conversations with Beasley and that Beasley is reasonably confident he will be a Wolf long term. Beasley is also young. Rosas will not part with an asset that fits so perfectly with us easily.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:07 pm
Style wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:07 pm He owns the house? He must’ve been pretty confident he was staying in Minny.
Even though it was relatively little, Rosas is invested in Beasley and he is exactly the type of player he wants. I'm sure there have been many "behind the scenes" conversations with Beasley and that Beasley is reasonably confident he will be a Wolf long term. Beasley is also young. Rosas will not part with an asset that fits so perfectly with us easily.
Unless he goes to prison on some sort of charge.

Otherwise it really could end up as a cheap contract for us. Maybe Rosas planted the gun, knowing this would go down!
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

LordNu wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:11 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:07 pm
Unless he goes to prison on some sort of charge.

Otherwise it really could end up as a cheap contract for us. Maybe Rosas planted the gun, knowing this would go down!
:shock:
Was Rosas in the car that rolled up? Maybe he's the dealer?
It's all coming together.
Ketchup can be nuancy
T_J

Post by T_J »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm He's out, no charges at this time.

I'm no legal expert, but how does one get arrested, do a day or so in jail, and not get charged with anything?

Paging Beetlebum, I think he's a lawyer.
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am

I'm no legal expert, but how does one get arrested, do a day or so in jail, and not get charged with anything?

Mistaken identity, they thought he was Michael Beasley. ;)
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

HE SNITCHED!
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:13 am

HE SNITCHED!
Yup. I'm guessing he threw someone or multiple people under the bus.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

The officers could've had probable cause to arrest him, but they can only hold you for...48 hrs, I think...before they either have to charge you or release you. That doesn't mean you won't get charged at all though.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Well odds are it probably wasn't him who was pointing guns at people. That's just mathematics.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 am

The officers could've had probable cause to arrest him, but they can only hold you for...48 hrs, I think...before they either have to charge you or release you. That doesn't mean you won't get charged at all though.
In Australia, if it relates to a terrorism charge, I think they can hold you for a week like this.

But yes, people can be held whilst police decide whether to charge a person. officially. It does not mean he has gotten away without being charged mind you. The police can still charge him at a later date.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

:lol: Are you kidding?

Be big, black, and not Moss, Randle, or Puckett in Minneapolis.