Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: *** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

Post by SHAFA »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:09 pm
Yesss. Keep Russell on the bench too and just continue to build up speed for Towns and the Tank Engine.

I think we can
I think we can
I think we can

Chooo choooooo
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

OG put Dennis in the backbreaker lmao lol
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 pm

OG put Dennis in the backbreaker lmao lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

TrAdE ToWnS!!?!?1!1?1!?

“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what would indiana need from us in a trade for turner? only guys on my off limits list would be Mcdaniels and AE.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 pm what would indiana need from us in a trade for turner? only guys on my off limits list would be Mcdaniels and AE.
I'm not even a big Turner fan and I think this is ridiculous. If they ask for McDaniels, you give him up.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 pm what would indiana need from us in a trade for turner? only guys on my off limits list would be Mcdaniels and AE.
I'm not even a big Turner fan and I think this is ridiculous. If they ask for McDaniels, you give him up.
Dane’s fake trades in order of strength:

A) Rubio (expiring), McDaniels (young talent), & 1st round pick (lottery protected)
B) Rubio, Bolmaro, & 1st round pick, or
C) Rubio, Naz, & 1st round pick (unprotected)
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Dubs wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 pm
Dane’s fake trades in order of strength:

A) Rubio (expiring), McDaniels (young talent), & 1st round pick (lottery protected)
B) Rubio, Bolmaro, & 1st round pick, or
C) Rubio, Naz, & 1st round pick (unprotected)
Dane who?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

No you don't.

Turner is an easy pass.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

turner would be great with KAT. but you know what would be even greater? KAT flanked by turner AND mcdaniels. for a team who has been dangling turner for forever, we shouldn't be required to give up one of our two best young assets. they've given plenty of hints that they're ready to move on.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Turner? No.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 pmTurner? No.
what don't you like about turner? the fact that he's swatting 3.5 shots per game this year? i think the deterence he provides in the paint would be hugely beneficial to the wolves - especially because he doesn't require the ball on O to be effective. between him at the 4 and mcdaniels at the 3, we could be looking at an entire 180 in our paint defense. which sucks right now, btw. 29 layups last night.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 pm
what don't you like about turner? the fact that he's swatting 3.5 shots per game this year? i think the deterence he provides in the paint would be hugely beneficial to the wolves - especially because he doesn't require the ball on O to be effective. between him at the 4 and mcdaniels at the 3, we could be looking at an entire 180 in our paint defense. which sucks right now, btw. 29 layups last night.
Well what are you giving up for him? The trades in here are what I'm saying no to.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I said Rajon Rondo to the clippers was the best trade at the deadline.

Playoff Rondo is for real. Kawhi & PG respect Rajon. Ty Lue let’s him run the offense & the LA Clippers are going to win the West. Guys are cutting & running harder because he will find them with the pass. A true floor general working out there who controls the game and tempo like a Jason Kidd.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm
Well what are you giving up for him? The trades in here are what I'm saying no to.
my point was that i'd love him on the team and it looks like he could be moved. this isn't a dlo for bron trade idea. we'd be in the ballpark of his value, but probably can't match what other teams have to offer. i'd protect just AE and macdaniels and the rest would be up for grabs. beasley plus either culver or juancho works. or Dlo and naz works for turner/lamb - and i'd do either of those deals, but like i said, i would think they'd get better deals elsewhere.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am

my point was that i'd love him on the team and it looks like he could be moved. this isn't a dlo for bron trade idea. we'd be in the ballpark of his value, but probably can't match what other teams have to offer. i'd protect just AE and macdaniels and the rest would be up for grabs. beasley plus either culver or juancho works. or Dlo and naz works for turner/lamb - and i'd do either of those deals, but like i said, i would think they'd get better deals elsewhere.
Pass.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

You'd include Towns in a trade for Turner? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of acquiring Turner?

If we could get Turner for Russell, I'd offer to drive them.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:26 am

You'd include Towns in a trade for Turner? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of acquiring Turner?

beef, really? i didn't include karl in the discussion because the entire point was to pair turner with KAT.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 pm turner would be great with KAT. but you know what would be even greater? KAT flanked by turner AND mcdaniels. for a team who has been dangling turner for forever, we shouldn't be required to give up one of our two best young assets. they've given plenty of hints that they're ready to move on.
How long did ORL float AG? Time isn’t a factor in worth here - Turner is an elite defender under control for 2 more years after this at $18M per. If your IND, would you trade him for anything less than an expiring that can help (they’re always competitive), a young talent, & a pick?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:34 am

beef, really? i didn't include karl in the discussion because the entire point was to pair turner with KAT.
Okay. Just checking. There's irrational Towns hate around here. Sorry for the implication.

- Isaac Asimov
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:06 am

Okay. Just checking. There's irrational Towns hate around here. Sorry for the implication.
Yeah! It's irrational hate.

It's not his fault that the one time we actually had a good team that made the playoffs we broke it up and fired the coach.......... oh right it was. Wel at least he had a monster great series in our one playoff app...........................oh....right.

At least he's not such at a complete fruit that we had to trade for his circle jerk buddy just to keep his pansy ass happy. Oh............at least it wasn't an absolutely terrible soon to be franchise crushing trade.

Well at least he's a legit star and legit stars are never on bottom feeding teams. They always at least lift them to mediocrity. So at least we're not a bottom feeder............every year.

Thanks Jimmy. Thanks for 1 damn year.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:06 am

I'll admit hating on Towns and asking if he can actually be a big man, franchise player like Jokic and Embiid. I toss this year out as he had tons of shit going on, was hurt, etc...and the team was put together in the most blindly stupid fashion and then saddled with an unqualified coach.

I do think next year they will be much improved, but at that point I think all criticism is warranted if they're not at least in the mix for the 7-8 spot regardless of who is on the roster next year. If you're a franchise player, you better big ticket the fuck up and drag any squad to an 8 seed minimum.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

loads of recent activity on the transaction wire: patrick mccaw, jerome robinson, greg whittington, gary clark and darius miller all waived. shaquille harrison signs with denver. freddy gillespie signs a 10 day with the raptors. khem birch gets waived by orlando (and will be signing with the raptors). dwayne dedmon lands in miami. gary payton II signs a 10 day with GS. tyler cook signs a rest of season deal with the pistons. damian jones signs a 10 day with the kings. and rondae hollis jefferson finally signs that 10 day deal with portland.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small sample size, but interesting...

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i look at the waiver wire and wonder what keeps us from pulling the trigger on a guy or two. terrance ferguson is a great example. athletic as hell swingman, just 22 years old, straight to the nba out of high school, 21st pick in the 2017 draft - but now with 124 starts in 4 years. has slipped in production in the last year, but again, he's only 22 and just two seasons ago he started 74 games for the thunder, often defended against the other teams best player, and hit 37% of his threes on 4 attempts per game. why another wing? because with both beasley and nowell out, we've had the opportunity to kick the tires on another option who maybe we could turn into a roster addition for next year - and thus clearing the way for a beasley trade for a PF in the offseason with fewer questions about how his minutes are replaced.

kabengele is another - who we could probably sign to a two way deal, if those are still allowed seeing as the gleague is over. but sign him now - kick the tires - if we like what we see, shoehorn him into a small deal to replace ed next season. he'll cost less than ed does - plus he's only 23.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

deerp.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:08 pm i look at the waiver wire and wonder what keeps us from pulling the trigger on a guy or two. terrance ferguson is a great example. athletic as hell swingman, just 22 years old, straight to the nba out of high school, 21st pick in the 2017 draft - but now with 124 starts in 4 years. has slipped in production in the last year, but again, he's only 22 and just two seasons ago he started 74 games for the thunder, often defended against the other teams best player, and hit 37% of his threes on 4 attempts per game. why another wing? because with both beasley and nowell out, we've had the opportunity to kick the tires on another option who maybe we could turn into a roster addition for next year - and thus clearing the way for a beasley trade for a PF in the offseason with fewer questions about how his minutes are replaced.
Forgot about him from that draft so I had to look him up.

My god, he’s been terrible in the NBA. Just awful. Averages about 4 points on bad shooting and 1 rebound in 20 minutes/game. A PER around 5.

I don’t disagree that with a roster spot open there’s no reason not to bring in a guy on a 10-day contract for a look-see. He is athletic and young.

But he’s had a truly awful career so far.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:08 pm i look at the waiver wire and wonder what keeps us from pulling the trigger on a guy or two. terrance ferguson is a great example. athletic as hell swingman, just 22 years old, straight to the nba out of high school, 21st pick in the 2017 draft - but now with 124 starts in 4 years. has slipped in production in the last year, but again, he's only 22 and just two seasons ago he started 74 games for the thunder, often defended against the other teams best player, and hit 37% of his threes on 4 attempts per game. why another wing? because with both beasley and nowell out, we've had the opportunity to kick the tires on another option who maybe we could turn into a roster addition for next year - and thus clearing the way for a beasley trade for a PF in the offseason with fewer questions about how his minutes are replaced.
Forgot about him from that draft so I had to look him up.

My god, he’s been terrible in the NBA. Just awful. Averages about 4 points on bad shooting and 1 rebound in 20 minutes/game. A PER around 5.

I don’t disagree that with a roster spot open there’s no reason not to bring in a guy on a 10-day contract for a look-see. He is athletic and young.

But he’s had a truly awful career so far.
remember that he was a baby when he came to the league - fresh out of HS and he probably should have gone to college. but check his stats from the 2018-19 season, when he started a lot for the thunder. nothing great at all but his shooting was 56%/37%/73% over 74 games and he often had the job of defending the opposition's best wing. he fell off the following year (i don't know the story there - but i imagine the arrival of both SGA and lu dort had a lot to do with it), then got traded to PHI where he was behind a ton of wings on the depth chart and didn't play. he's only 22. considering we know that okogie's good game last night was a freaking anomaly - and that we're seeing zero out of culver - and that we're toying with moving beasley - i don't think it's weird in the least to see what the deal is on a really athletic young wing who plays D - and who, at least for one season, shot better than josh or jarrett could ever dream to. beasley's gone for the year. bring him in.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:55 pm
i would guess the timeline goes out to the start of the 21-22 season.