Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: *** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 pm Edwards needs to be night one starter.
I think that’s highly unlikely. You’ve normally got ~4.5 months to get rookies up to speed with summer league, training camp and pre-season games. That number’s down to, what, 33 days now?

I personally don’t see a point in rushing it.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:36 pm Wolves and Knicks talking trade for Beasley

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:58 pm
Good. We are a worse team without him.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm
As if he really gets a say....
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:01 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:58 pm
Good. We are a worse team without him.
Which is why he'll end up gone. We need to trade him for a PG so we can fit more guys in the clown car that is this team. It's PG's this year right not 2 guards? I believe next year we pick up 5 new 2 guards. This year is PG's. Fucking clowns.

Man did I ever make the right call going gambling and getting shit bird drunk instead of signing on to the circus that is the idiot making moves.

Who said he was the best GM we have had? :lol: Live that down

Who said I was crazy for saying the Knicks would be immediately and always better than us? Another shit organization taking the idiot to the cleaners.

And even Rubio's future wife Abe had to be rolling his eyes and "what the fucking" at that brilliant move. Way to not address you biggest hole and weakness. Way to trade a guy you needed to play there because of it. Way to take away 75% of our future trade flexibility by dumping our one big expiring. FOR A FUCKING PG!. At least we DRAFTED ANOTHER PG! By trading a better player in Quickley and motherFUCKIING HOME TOWN BIG TIME OTURU! Clown show fuck. Where the fuck is Taylor on that one like on Tyus? At least we got a 6'10" 3 who weighs 120 lbs and is 4 years away from being able to stand in a brisk wind. He can start at the 4. Just die Taylor. In a large clown explosion. Found an absolute gem in JMac last year. Just kiss him goodbye. Just better than Rubio at everything except for counting 15 mil more against the cap. A. Haggans is awesome and the 3rd best defender in this draft. Thank god he's behind fucking Rubio now. Can't wait to lose him before he ever sees the court. I mean.....defense? Really?

Ladies and gentlemen pay the fuck attention for once in your Trump addled lives. You don't get better not getting better. How many fucking years does it have to happen for you to figure this out? You don't get better stacking you backcourt and then taking a bunch more backcourt guys. How the fuck can you not see that? I know why the idiot doesn't see it. He's a fucking clown and an idiot. Don't be a fucking sheep or whatever follows the clowns out of the tiny car. Don't be the idiot who says I like this guy, this guy could be something, well, we can get a big in FA, maybe Towns and Russell will learn to play D. NOT THE POINT. We addressed zero NEEDS. We did not get better. We do not know who we are. We do not know who to play. We will not get better. And that's after taking a freak of nature, best player in the draft. How the fuck do you do that? With face paint and balloon animals I imagine.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

LordNu wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:24 pm
As if he really gets a say....
Sewing the seed with a big load of horse shit. I hope.

But having the awesome Minneapolis storm troopers looking at you can't have you feeling Minnesota. Unless that feeling is pepper spray or tightness in your neck.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

https://lakersdaily.com/report-malik-be ... s-angeles/

Ok I suck at links and stuff. That says beasely wants NY or la
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

swenjj wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:39 pm https://lakersdaily.com/report-malik-be ... s-angeles/

Dude is in no position to be making demands. He should be thankful he stays in the league after what he did.

Be humbled, dude.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm
swenjj wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:39 pm https://lakersdaily.com/report-malik-be ... s-angeles/

Dude is in no position to be making demands. He should be thankful he stays in the league after what he did.

Be humbled, dude.
That's my first thought..if L.A. offers we can match it..maybe not ny.. depending on how dumb they are..

Sign and trade for kuzma? But he will get paid soon as well.or want to

I don't even really want him but just gets old letting assets leave . If he plays well we could keep him or get a pick for the future .

Actually I do want him,but cheap and ok with playing behind Edwards and Russell and Rubio as the guards.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Let's send him to NY for Oturu and then cut him. Too tall,
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I personally would try to move Culver or Oke before Beas because his shooting is such a big pick me up if Dlo or KAT(when healthy) aren't hitting. However, if a S&T solves our PF spot, which IMO, his value should secure such, then it's okay. Prefer we keep him, with his legal thing, it's hard to imagine any coast team offering more than the MLE.
populousample

Post by populousample »

swenjj wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Be humbled, dude.
That's my first thought..if L.A. offers we can match it..maybe not ny.. depending on how dumb they are..

I don't even really want him but just gets old letting assets leave . If he plays well we could keep him or get a pick for the future .

Actually I do want him,but cheap and ok with playing behind Edwards and Russell and Rubio as the guards.
It seems Rosas has taken the high road so far with Beasley but he needs to prioritize maximizing the value to the team with any decision with him.
Last edited by populousample on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Be humbled, dude.

All that trade would do is make the Lakers a lot better and us arguably worse. Kuzma isn't good and he's going to get a big contract. Beasley gives them elite shooting and a guy who is turning into a good scorer. A no defense and slightly above average offensive PF is the last thing this team needs.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

swenjj

Post by swenjj »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Be humbled, dude.

All that trade would do is make the Lakers a lot better and us arguably worse. Kuzma isn't good and he's going to get a big contract. Beasley gives them elite shooting and a guy who is turning into a good scorer. A no defense and slightly above average offensive PF is the last thing this team needs.
Yeah I was just thinking of who they would offer. Our main need is PF and they don't have much. Ny...they cut a few,still have randle.knox.. I'd rather just hope he signs a cheap deal and we can match it. Use him later if needed for a bigger trade.

When is free agency? Saturday? They gotta have something,unless they think someone like Vanderbilt is gonna play more
populousample

Post by populousample »

Seems like NYK might be more inclined to keep Randle now since they let go the players they did today but could a resigned Beasley + Spellman, Evans, be parameters for a swap?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I'd rather have Beas than Randle, assuming Beas is not going to get the offer he thought he'd be getting. I'll admit, I do like his shooting, but we've also mostly had a lineup missing KAT when he arrived. I need two lethal threats from deep in my starting lineup, KAT and Dlo do that, but for me, the more the merrier. If we can keep Beas, I think he's better than Julius Randle despite Randle being at a position of need. At the same time, I can't be mad at it if we do move him. Two years MLE, player option for the third. Make him prove himself to get paid...then if he wants to bounce to NY or LA, he can do so after Edwards has his feet wet.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Also, looking at the Knicks roster....so fucking gross, I don't want anything on their roster TBH. My god what a collection of shit....if they max out FVV I'm going to laugh so hard.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm Also, looking at the Knicks roster....so fucking gross, I don't want anything on their roster TBH. My god what a collection of shit....if they max out FVV I'm going to laugh so hard.
Or trade for Westbrook..
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Oubre traded to GS for a protected 21 1st..

Man kinda feels like we could've had our choice. Oubre aint perfect for us but a damn good player, would've locked in that 3 spot. Right on that timeline and budding star.

Makes me question Rubio trade more. Desperate to leapfrog Dal for eurostash... Willing to part for what could be a late 1st even with Klay out.. We very well could've asked and got Oubre if we negotiated. Had time to. Trade was announced at what 10th pick?

Kat
?
Oubre
Edwards/Beas
Dlo

Wtf so mad
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

mglviks wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 pm Oubre traded to GS for a protected 21 1st..

Man kinda feels like we could've had our choice. Oubre aint perfect for us but a good player, would've locked in that 3 spot.
I wouldn't be mad at if we got Oubre instead of Ricky with picks, but our glaring hole still remains at PF. I do think Edwards can absolutely hand SF's in the NBA, as I said in another thread, he's outweighs KG by 5lbs coming out. Considering the league going small, if the idea is have Edwards play a lot at the SF with Culver, I'm not worried of adding Oubre or not. Again, I point out that this team has no veteran voice....Ricky's need is as much intangible as tangible IMO. I don't think a 24YO Oubre helps with that void. If we somehow get John Collins, fuck it, awesome....but until we address the PF spot, I just want to get the best and most appropriate talent. Ricky is ideal for leadership, but Oubre is a hell of player and would easily fit in. Again, he's a little lighter than Edwards, so if they are high on Ant, then you have to just see what happens. Wouldn't be mad if it rolled that way though. I wonder what happens to PHX if CP3 gets a bad ankle roll. Can Ayton and Booker carry them without quality roll players?
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
3 minutes ago
Portland is acquiring Boston's Enes Kanter in a three-way deal with Memphis, sources tell ESPN. Memphis gets Mario Hezonjia and 30th pick (Desmond Bane) from draft night deal as part of trade too. Celtics get a future Memphis draft consideration.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Kevin Chouinard @KLChouinard
about 18 minutes ago
Hawks officially announced the trade that sent out Dewayne Dedmon and brought in Tony Snell. Khyri Thomas was acquired and waived.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Rosas I want to see a WojBomb or a ShamsSpecial saying Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans were dumped ASAP
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Dumping Spellman for nothing would be yet another moronic thing to do. Under $2 million, 3rd season ahead. Develop him and play him. Stop looking around at other people's trash, and actually do something with what you have. He's found money if he can rebound, hustle, and play some D.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm Dumping Spellman for nothing would be yet another moronic thing to do. Under $2 million, 3rd season ahead. Develop him and play him. Stop looking around at other people's trash, and actually do something with what you have. He's found money if he can rebound, hustle, and play some D.
I don't get the disconnect, either. The dude is a thicker Saddiq Bey but with a couple years of experience under his belt.
Ketchup can be nuancy
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:20 pm
irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm Dumping Spellman for nothing would be yet another moronic thing to do. Under $2 million, 3rd season ahead. Develop him and play him. Stop looking around at other people's trash, and actually do something with what you have. He's found money if he can rebound, hustle, and play some D.
I don't get the disconnect, either. The dude is a thicker Saddiq Bey but with a couple years of experience under his belt.
I know early on his weight and conditioning were serious issues with Atlanta. He seemed to be ok with GS, but they were so beat up, maybe they played him more because of that. Seems like he's got solid skills though. He can't be that far behind Juancho if he's in shape.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 pm
Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:20 pm
I know early on his weight and conditioning were serious issues with Atlanta. He seemed to be ok with GS, but they were so beat up, maybe they played him more because of that. Seems like he's got solid skills though. He can't be that far behind Juancho if he's in shape.
By thick, I only meant he's more of a 4/5 than a 3/4. His videos from the G-league even showed great court vision.
I WANT ANSWERS!!
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »