Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bring Zach LaVine Back - Trade the No 1 Pick

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade #1 Draft Pick, Johnson, & Culver for Lavine & #4

Yes, build around DLo, Lavine, & KAT
33%
No, We still can’t play defense & too much
67%

Total votes: 21

UnFadeable21

Bring Zach LaVine Back - Trade the No 1 Pick

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Would you trade 1, James Johnson, and Jarrett Culver to Chicago for the number 4 pick and Zach Lavine.

Then you take Okongwu.

That’s gives you Dlo, Lavine, Layman, Okongwu, Towns.

At 17 you take Cassius Winston

Second lineup Winston, Beasley, Okogie, Juancho, Naz.
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Re: Bring Zach LoLvine Back

Post by UnFadeable21 »

This deal is based on if Booker, Beal, and Simmons aren’t available for trade.
Style

Post by Style »

No chance. Just take Edwards.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Are the bulls down on Zach or has he let it be known he wants out? Not sure why they make that trade.
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

For the Lulz.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wakanda wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:13 pm Are the bulls down on Zach or has he let it be known he wants out? Not sure why they make that trade.
The bulls have a new Gm and a will have a new coach. They think Wendell and Lauri are the future and need a playmaker to Feed those guys the ball.

They take Lamelo, get a young prospect in Culver and an expiring in Johnson. Johnson and Otto Porter will both be off the books after this season and that will give them near 40 million in cap space for the 2021 free agency class.

Wolves will have a big 3 with KAT, DLo, and Lavine.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Style wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm No chance. Just take Edwards.
Isn’t Lavine what we hope Edwards will at least be? 20 point scorer and good efficiency?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

ALWAYS loved Zach and was very disappointed that he and not Lazy Boy was included in the Buckets trade. I'd strongly consider the trade UnFade is proposing!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 pm ALWAYS loved Zach and was very disappointed that he and not Lazy Boy was included in the Buckets trade. I'd strongly consider the trade UnFade is proposing!
I think its actually a good debate and trade for both teams. Because if you're drafting Edwards, can't Lavine provide everything we hope he can do already? And Zach is the same age as Kat and DLO and already has a relationship with Kat and Ryan Saunders.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:35 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 pm ALWAYS loved Zach and was very disappointed that he and not Lazy Boy was included in the Buckets trade. I'd strongly consider the trade UnFade is proposing!
I think its actually a good debate and trade for both teams. Because if you're drafting Edwards, can't Lavine provide everything we hope he can do already? And Zach is the same age as Kat and DLO and already has a relationship with Kat and Ryan Saunders.
It's well thought out and makes perfect sense to me....that's why most here will not support it!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Bring Zach LaVine Back - Trade the No 1 Pick

Post by RubeTube »

Ish.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 pmIsh.
Says the dope who pooped in a urinal! :naners:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

No. Zach Lavine is an above average NBA player. He’s become a relatively efficient scorer, and plays ZERO defense and not much else and you’re paying him 20 million per instead of the rookie 12 million per. Plus you give up Culver for no particular reason. He was actually good defensively last season and horrid offensively. It’s a trade for the sake of trading, it doesn’t make the Wolves significantly better imho.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I almost hate it here anymore.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Jimmy athletic said he would do it
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm No. Zach Lavine is an above average NBA player. He’s become a relatively efficient scorer, and plays ZERO defense and not much else and you’re paying him 20 million per instead of the rookie 12 million per. Plus you give up Culver for no particular reason. He was actually good defensively last season and horrid offensively. It’s a trade for the sake of trading, it doesn’t make the Wolves significantly better imho.
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Wakanda wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:13 pm Are the bulls down on Zach or has he let it be known he wants out? Not sure why they make that trade.
The bulls have a new Gm and a will have a new coach. They think Wendell and Lauri are the future and need a playmaker to Feed those guys the ball.

They take Lamelo, get a young prospect in Culver and an expiring in Johnson. Johnson and Otto Porter will both be off the books after this season and that will give them near 40 million in cap space for the 2021 free agency class.

Of course Chicago would take this deal. Lolvine is a negative asset imo. That contract is atrocious and they will be lucky to dump it soon imo.

A big NO!

A Dlo, Kat and Lolvine "Big 3" doesn't even make the playoffs.

I wouldn't trade Beasley straight up for Lolvine especially considering their contracts.

I want no part of fragile ass Lauri either.

Give me Carter and the #4 if anything that Chicago has.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Too much overlap with Beasley and not a good enough defender.

I was a huge LaVine fan.

It wouldn’t be the worst move, but shoring up our front court D is a better option.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 pm
It's well thought out and makes perfect sense to me....that's why most here will not support it!
Lavine averaged 25-5-4 last season shooting 38% from 3 and I’m surprised how many people don’t want him back.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:43 pm I almost hate it here anymore.
Words hard.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Lavine averaged 25-5-4 last season shooting 38% from 3 and I’m surprised how many people don’t want him back.
The best team he has been on is 2016-2017 with Minnesota with a 37.8% winning percentage. He only played in 46 games that year and we were 34% with him 16-31, and 15-20 without him. Zach Lavine as a star is not a difference maker, if he would accept being a sixth man he would be fantastic, but he is overpaid to be a sixth man. Like Buddy Hield complaining about being a sixth man I can't see Lavine accepting it.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:54 pm

Of course Chicago would take this deal. Lolvine is a negative asset imo. That contract is atrocious and they will be lucky to dump it soon imo.

A big NO!

A Dlo, Kat and Lolvine "Big 3" doesn't even make the playoffs.

I wouldn't trade Beasley straight up for Lolvine especially considering their contracts.

I want no part of fragile ass Lauri either.

Give me Carter and the #4 if anything that Chicago has.
Do you consider Wiseman fragile?

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

I honestly wouldn't mind bringing in Lavine back if he had smaller contract. For those who says isn't Lavine who we want Edwards to be? Yes, but we would be getting him at a rookie contract and this makes a world of difference for us filling in the gaps.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

shoteh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 pm I honestly wouldn't mind bringing in Lavine back if he had smaller contract. For those who says isn't Lavine who we want Edwards to be? Yes, but we would be getting him at a rookie contract and this makes a world of difference for us filling in the gaps.
Fuck no. If Edwards ends up being Lavine and we take him, I'll barf.

I guarantee there are at least 3 guys in this draft a lot better than Lavine.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

No.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:23 pm
shoteh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 pm I honestly wouldn't mind bringing in Lavine back if he had smaller contract. For those who says isn't Lavine who we want Edwards to be? Yes, but we would be getting him at a rookie contract and this makes a world of difference for us filling in the gaps.
Fuck no. If Edwards ends up being Lavine and we take him, I'll barf.

I guarantee there are at least 3 guys in this draft a lot better than Lavine.
Let me guess Wiseman right?

You're downplaying Lavine too much. He can create his own shots, drive in, and shoot the ball at a decent rate. That's what we are expecting from Edwards. I'm hoping that Edwards can at least play a little better Defense but as far as offense, Lavine's game, minus settling for jumpshots, is what we want out of Edwards.

No matter what I hope Beasley solidifies his starter role this year, maybe this will push us towards changing up our PF situation.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I think it helps a ton that Zach isn’t on a max. If we bring him here, we could still have the money to re-sign Beasley too.

Booker is on a 5 year 150, Simmons 5 year 170. Lavine is on a 4 year 80 million.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:34 pm Image

Would you trade 1, James Johnson, and Jarrett Culver to Chicago for the number 4 pick and Zach Lavine.

Then you take Okongwu.

That’s gives you Dlo, Lavine, Layman, Okongwu, Towns.

At 17 you take Cassius Winston

Second lineup Winston, Beasley, Okogie, Juancho, Naz.
I hate this trade for 1 reason only. The addition of Culver. That almost assures that we wouldn't resign Beasley. Okogie and Culver to me are of similar worth. And I love Okogie but Culver would be of far more use with Lavine. Love me some JMac too but what you would be looking for is the ability to play Lavine some at the PG spot and with Culver at the 3 you could. The more we could split up the shooters and the more we could keep from playing Beas at the 3 the better.

Then you take Obi or OO at 4 and for god's sake you don't take Winston. He is not and will never be better than JMac. You take an athletic long 3 that can guard the whole floor like Tyler Bey.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Everyone is willing to bend over backward for Devin Booker but isn’t he just a bad a defender as Lavine?

And Booker makes double the salary of Lavine. 150 million vs 80 million.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I'd rather have Lauri and their pick than bring back Zach. If it's Zach for the pick and an expiring, I'm not interested. At that point I'd gamble on Edwards. I don't mind the idea of Zach, but nothing about his game is worth the first pick in any draft...we literally all know this, we have seen him up close. Great talent, certainly great potential, but like so many, his play isn't ideal on a winning team. Maybe someday, but I doubt it. I'd like Lauri and their pick in some package for the first, just take Edwards, or trade back to the highest offer is my order of what I'd like to see most.

Dlo/Jmac
Beas/Culver
Layman/Oke
Lauri/JJ/Naz
KAT/Okongwu