Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hate it or Love it: Jimmy Butler

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Re: Hate it or Love it: Jimmy Butler

Post by T_J »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm
T_J wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm Your view is idiotic, always has been, and is dead wrong. But beat your chest some more about how smart you are. You've been proven wrong again and again.

Everyone in this board is dumber for ever having read any part of your troll, childish, wall of text posts.
Your dedication to Butler is just hilarious to me at this point and devoid of the reality what ultimately happened.

Have you made Butler a fake NBA Finals Trophy complete with a Series MVP honor, so you can celebrate his greatness with the rest of the Butler Buddies?

You Butler guys have a dedication like I’ve never seen (the only one with greater dedication is Butler himself...just give him a mic, he’ll tell you all about it). I won’t attack you or others and call you names, I don’t want to go there with this. I can clearly see you guys are all hurting right now and I take no joy in pushing on those who are clearly vulnerable right now.

Jimmy and his results have handed me everything I needed.
I will. Shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself. You're absurd opinions are continually invalidated and are dead wrong. You're the stain on the underwear of this board and an absolutely useless poster. Go eat some more shit and delete your account. We'd all be much happier, fucking loser.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

T_J wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:39 am
jodaman01 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm
T_J wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm Your view is idiotic, always has been, and is dead wrong. But beat your chest some more about how smart you are. You've been proven wrong again and again.

Everyone in this board is dumber for ever having read any part of your troll, childish, wall of text posts.
Your dedication to Butler is just hilarious to me at this point and devoid of the reality what ultimately happened.

Have you made Butler a fake NBA Finals Trophy complete with a Series MVP honor, so you can celebrate his greatness with the rest of the Butler Buddies?

You Butler guys have a dedication like I’ve never seen (the only one with greater dedication is Butler himself...just give him a mic, he’ll tell you all about it). I won’t attack you or others and call you names, I don’t want to go there with this. I can clearly see you guys are all hurting right now and I take no joy in pushing on those who are clearly vulnerable right now.

Jimmy and his results have handed me everything I needed.
I will. Shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself. You're absurd opinions are continually invalidated and are dead wrong. You're the stain on the underwear of this board and an absolutely useless poster. Go eat some more shit and delete your account. We'd all be much happier, fucking loser.
:clap:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

here's a fairly apples to apples comparison - as much as one can make across eras. charles barkley and jimmy butler. let's look at both of their stats from a 6 game finals series in which they each faced off against the best player in the game - the 93 finals where barkley's suns lost to jordan's bulls - and the just finished 2020 finals in which butler's heat lost to bron's lakers. barkley was in his 7th year and 30 years old at the time - butler is in his 9th season and is 31 years old. in both barkley and butler's cases, they are/were brash outspoken individuals playing a tough style on the court - not big with the three ball - but with multifaceted games. neither has a championship to their name - butler is the better defender (by quite a bit).

barkley's 1993 finals stats - 27 ppg / 13 rpg / 5.5 apg on 48%/25%/75%

butler's 2020 finals stats - 26 ppg / 8 rpg / 10 apg on 55%/31%/92%

tell me again how jimmy butler can't cut it in a finals series when compared to HOFer charles barkley's very healthy output in the 93 finals. joda's argument is just so ridiculously delusional. he knows he's lost - which is why he continues to dig himself in deeper.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am here's a fairly apples to apples comparison - as much as one can make across eras. charles barkley and jimmy butler. let's look at both of their stats from a 6 game finals series in which they each faced off against the best player in the game - the 93 finals where barkley's suns lost to jordan's bulls - and the just finished 2020 finals in which butler's heat lost to bron's lakers. barkley was in his 7th year and 30 years old at the time - butler is in his 9th season and is 31 years old. in both barkley and butler's cases, they are/were brash outspoken individuals playing a tough style on the court - not big with the three ball - but with multifaceted games. neither has a championship to their name - butler is the better defender (by quite a bit).

tell me again how jimmy butler can't cut it in a finals series when compared to HOFer charles barkley's very healthy output in the 93 finals. joda's argument is just so ridiculously delusional. he knows he's lost - which is why he continues to dig himself in deeper.
Comparing Butler to Barkley now.....now you have really spun yourself around on this haven’t you.

How many Teams did Barkley rip apart, and coaches who put their jobs on the line for him did he screw over and get canned.

Barkley was honest in how he played and who he was. Butler went from Chicago, to MN and Philly....demanding leadership and money that he never demonstrated he deserved. He has had a nice run in Miami and they have a good mix around him...the only question a sane person would ask after watching him these last few years is how long before he makes it fall apart.

That is the difference between Butler and every player you mention, he is mentally incapable of being the leader of a Team. He has competed against his own players not with, and if they get another dominant attitude in that locker room that isn’t the right match for Jimmy....it’s over.

Maybe Spoelstra and Reilly will be able to keep Butler engaged and in line.

Butler lost again, was a MINUS player in 4 of 6 games and they lost all 4 of those games. Your leader can’t be a MINUS player. Go watch his postgame interview after Game 5. He states that is how he has to play, that is how his team expects him to play. So Butler turned and put pressure on himself for Game 6. Setting the stage for the biggest game of his career.........So let’s take a look at what he then did in his career defining Game 6:

Jimmy Effin Butler:
45 Minutes
5-10 Shooting
12 Points - that just won’t cut it.
-18 +/-

If you want to claim greatness on that...go right ahead. :lol:

This is Butler to me, and he reinforced it before and he reinforced it again.

So sorry some here just can’t get over the inevitable Jimmy Butler Playoff loss. There have been so many before, and don’t worry...more will come.

jodadamus has spoken.
T_J

Post by T_J »

All wrong. Continue with more 500 word posts you elephant shit.
Style

Post by Style »

T_J wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 pm All wrong. Continue with more 500 word posts you elephant shit.
Just ignore the fool. You're too good of a poster to keep tricking me into clicking on your last post to see some reply to the village idiot.

:beer:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Butler Buddies worshipping him for the miraculous two Finals wins were he was actually a PLUS player for his Team.

All forgetting there were 4 Losses and Butler was a MINUS player in all 4 of those. Miami lost, the Lakers won and LeBron got MVP of the playoffs.

#praisejimmy# :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am here's a fairly apples to apples comparison - as much as one can make across eras. charles barkley and jimmy butler. let's look at both of their stats from a 6 game finals series in which they each faced off against the best player in the game - the 93 finals where barkley's suns lost to jordan's bulls - and the just finished 2020 finals in which butler's heat lost to bron's lakers. barkley was in his 7th year and 30 years old at the time - butler is in his 9th season and is 31 years old. in both barkley and butler's cases, they are/were brash outspoken individuals playing a tough style on the court - not big with the three ball - but with multifaceted games. neither has a championship to their name - butler is the better defender (by quite a bit).

Comparing Butler to Barkley now.....now you have really spun yourself around on this haven’t you.

How many Teams did Barkley rip apart, and coaches who put their jobs on the line for him did he screw over and get canned.

Barkley was honest in how he played and who he was. Butler went from Chicago, to MN and Philly....demanding leadership and money that he never demonstrated he deserved. He has had a nice run in Miami and they have a good mix around him...the only question a sane person would ask after watching him these last few years is how long before he makes it fall apart.

That is the difference between Butler and every player you mention, he is mentally incapable of being the leader of a Team. He has competed against his own players not with, and if they get another dominant attitude in that locker room that isn’t the right match for Jimmy....it’s over.

Butler lost again, was a MINUS player in 4 of 6 games and they lost all 4 of those games. Your leader can’t be a MINUS player. Go watch his postgame interview after Game 5. He states that is how he has to play, that is how his team expects him to play. So Butler turned and put pressure on himself for Game 6. Setting the stage for the biggest game of his career.........So let’s take a look at what he then did in his career defining Game 6:

Jimmy Effin Butler:
45 Minutes
5-10 Shooting
-18 +/-

So sorry some here just can’t get over the inevitable Jimmy Butler Playoff loss. There have been so many before, and don’t worry...more will come.

jodadamus has spoken.
how dense exactly are you? you remind me of the dylan lyric in Idiot Wind "it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe." and i'm responding to only the first sentence of your rebuttal. i haven't read the rest. i am NOT comparing jimmy butler's career to charles barkley's career. if you would have actually read what i wrote and used the smoldering remnants of what used to be your brain to comprehend it, you would clearly see that i was comparing the two player's PERFORMANCES in a finals series of 6 games against teams featuring the consensus best player of each era. this is not hard if you actually think, joda - and if you'd just momentarily remove yourself from the hubris you are drowning in. and i'm not wasting anymore time on this because you are obviously physically incapable of analysis that actually requires some thought. you need a sticker on your car to identify you as such.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Jimmy Effin Butler:
45 Minutes
5-10 Shooting
-18 +/-

jodadamus has spoken.
how dense exactly are you? you remind me of the dylan lyric in Idiot Wind "it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe." and i'm responding to only the first sentence of your rebuttal. i haven't read the rest. i am NOT comparing jimmy butler's career to charles barkley's career. if you would have actually read what i wrote and used the smoldering remnants of what used to be your brain to comprehend it, you would clearly see that i was comparing the two player's PERFORMANCES in a finals series of 6 games against teams featuring the consensus best player of each era. this is not hard if you actually think, joda - and if you'd just momentarily remove yourself from the hubris you are drowning in. and i'm not wasting anymore time on this because you are obviously physically incapable of analysis that actually requires some thought. you need a sticker on your car to identify you as such.
Sorry LeBron won and got another Championship and Series MVP. Just let it go. All you did during the series was argued the equivalency of the two, well they weren’t and look at Game Six for the the starkest difference. Winner vs Loser.

Now on to your Barkley point you decided to try and make, Barkley never won a Title and he gets hammered by every player of his ilk that has won a title as well as basketball analysts of all types who argue about it from opposite sides of the fence. Again a subjective argument. I loved Barkley and wore his shoes in High School...not Jordan’s, but ultimately he was a loser.

He became a ring chaser who couldn’t get it done....at the same time he made no bones about what and who he was. Maybe that’s why I liked him more than Jordan was because in my gut I knew Jordan was likely a shady sneaky SOB behind the scenes and not the “be like Mike” angel portrayed to the public. Turns out my gut was right there as well.

Jimmy comes off the same way in that his BS he spewed about Winning and being the hardest working man in the NBA, then ripping franchises and coaches apart by being a POS who with his game had not deserved the right to do so.

For me he is a POS. I am glad he was exposed again as a B grade star who can’t lead in the way a Jordan or LeBron can. Butler has put himself in his own position without regard to coaches or franchises or fans who invested into him and now said he is where he belongs......let’s see what he does with it. Again saying the right things, but if things don’t go his way...how long you think it lasts? That’s not a question I ever really asked or considered when it came to any of the top players you have listed in your posts with me.

And that pretty much says it all, at least for me.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Style wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:20 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:05 pm All wrong. Continue with more 500 word posts you elephant shit.
Just ignore the fool. You're too good of a poster to keep tricking me into clicking on your last post to see some reply to the village idiot.

:beer:
You're right. Done.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Jodaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, MVP Butler exposed you in these playoffs
:lol: :lol: :lol: