Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Simple Poll: Trade the #1 Pick or Keep it.

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Trade the Pick or keep it?

TRADE
64%
KEEP
21%
Meh
15%

Total votes: 72

shoteh

Simple Poll: Trade the #1 Pick or Keep it.

Post by shoteh »

Dlo was our cure for Covid and we got the #1 pick

Simple, Trade or Keep pick.

Let's see how divided we are.
SKOLMN

Re: Simple Poll: Trade the #1 Pick or Keep it.

Post by SKOLMN »

Trade the pick is the overwhelming favorite, it just depends on what we can get for it
bri

Post by bri »

Trade, I want Simmons, would be all right with Booker.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 pm Trade the pick is the overwhelming favorite, it just depends on what we can get for it
I'm keeping the pick.

Unless something unexpected happens with a disgruntled star, no one is giving up a top player for this pick.

No, I don't consider Booker a top player. I'm talking a player who immediately becomes the best player on this team.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I say trade it, but not sure what is out there to be had. If we don't trade it take Ball I guess.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:22 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 pm Trade the pick is the overwhelming favorite, it just depends on what we can get for it
I'm keeping the pick.

Unless something unexpected happens with a disgruntled star, no one is giving up a top player for this pick.

No, I don't consider Booker a top player. I'm talking a player who immediately becomes the best player on this team.
That’s Booker.

Looks like that’s the deal!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

thinktank wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 pm
I'm keeping the pick.

That’s Booker.

Would rather have Simmons
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm keeping the pick.

That’s Booker.

Gross. We already had one fancy PG that couldn't shoot.
Tell your story walkin'!
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm keeping the pick.

That’s Booker.

Simmons is an awful fit for what we are building. No thanks for what it would cost. Overrated!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Trade for Booker, Beal, or Simmons in that order.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 pm Trade for Booker, Beal, or Simmons in that order.
I like Beal more than Booker but the problem is the age with Beal.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Trade that shit. Find another guy for Towns and Russell. Blow your load try and win.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
j2j

Post by j2j »

The #1 isnt enough to get Booker or Simmons.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Trade
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I really would like a good 2 way wing. We got a big, we got a PG. Get a SF that can play both sides. Stick a defender at PF, somehow keep Malik Beasley.

Bingo bango
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:34 pm The #1 isnt enough to get Booker or Simmons.
Newsflash!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

The problem is Edwards / Beasley.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

JJ
Beasley
Culver
Okogie

This is a pile of assets that we can turn into a real difference maker or two. Is there a deal Rosas can make to find that big third piece? I think there is and for him that's probably enough ammo to go and get it.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Keep it....Edwards is compared to Dwayne Wade or Donovan Mitchell. Even if that's a fail, you can't fault someone for swinging on him based off that hype. We still have loads of trade ammo, from Brooklyns pick, Okogie, Culver, JJ's expiring, our 2nd. I wouldn't mind trading back, but if we're not reinventing the wheel, take Edwards and hope you hit that great guard that comes out every 10 or so years.

Stay and take Edwards
Chicago offers Lauri and their pick for ours and some ish, I might take that and take Okongwu....but otherwise...I'm ready to roll with Edwards. Beas and Dlo will crush it, but if you can groom another stud to come in and possibly even lead the show one day, do it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:49 pm Keep it....Edwards is compared to Dwayne Wade or Donovan Mitchell. Even if that's a fail, you can't fault someone for swinging on him based off that hype. We still have loads of trade ammo, from Brooklyns pick, Okogie, Culver, JJ's expiring, our 2nd. I wouldn't mind trading back, but if we're not reinventing the wheel, take Edwards and hope you hit that great guard that comes out every 10 or so years.

Stay and take Edwards
Chicago offers Lauri and their pick for ours and some ish, I might take that and take Okongwu....but otherwise...I'm ready to roll with Edwards. Beas and Dlo will crush it, but if you can groom another stud to come in and possibly even lead the show one day, do it.
The problem is, you need Edwards to be a automatic stud. Will he be? Who knows.

But please don't ever use the words "Develop" or "Groom" here. This franchise never develops anyone into a stud that isn't already one.

I am for staying put and I'll trust Rosas to identify.

Trading back a few picks for some crap shows me that Rosas hasn't identified.

A competent GM should be able to find a guy they like at #1 overall no matter the draft.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm JJ
Beasley
Culver
Okogie

This is a pile of assets that we can turn into a real difference maker or two. Is there a deal Rosas can make to find that big third piece? I think there is and for him that's probably enough ammo to go and get it.
I forget what the S&T rules are with combining players under contract, I believe they were adjusted a couple years ago. Combining with picks obviously makes tricky, though not impossible, timing, but this year's wonky schedule will make it even harder.

But how much value is even there? Would a team like Philly want that #1? Some teams will value it more than others. #16 is meh. The rest of that holds little value above filler.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Otto Porter is within our grasp, boys!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:53 pm
Beasley
Culver
Okogie

I forget what the S&T rules are with combining players under contract, I believe they were adjusted a couple years ago. Combining with picks obviously makes tricky, though not impossible, timing, but this year's wonky schedule will make it even harder.

But how much value is even there? Would a team like Philly want that #1? Some teams will value it more than others. #16 is meh. The rest of that holds little value above filler.
Agreed.

Other than that top pick and possibly Beasley, would you be excited by any of that coming to the Wolves?

It's a lot of junk after #1 and Beasley.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Trade it for Simmons. The thought of him running wild with the offense while being spaced by KAT, DLO and Beasley is incredible. Offense would be unstoppable and we'd get a huge defensive boost.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:52 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:49 pm Keep it....Edwards is compared to Dwayne Wade or Donovan Mitchell. Even if that's a fail, you can't fault someone for swinging on him based off that hype. We still have loads of trade ammo, from Brooklyns pick, Okogie, Culver, JJ's expiring, our 2nd. I wouldn't mind trading back, but if we're not reinventing the wheel, take Edwards and hope you hit that great guard that comes out every 10 or so years.

Stay and take Edwards
The problem is, you need Edwards to be a automatic stud. Will he be? Who knows.

But please don't ever use the words "Develop" or "Groom" here. This franchise never develops anyone into a stud that isn't already one.
You need that to be true for literally any guy we pick, even if it was 3 or 5....we're not a good team, you have to take the best possible shot to be better. Booker is better than Beasley, but because of his pay...it's not enough to gut everything. Beas is almost as good as Booker, and we already have Dlo...taking a shot on again, someone compared to Dwayne fucking Wade, is the right bet to make. Edwards is developing or grooming, he's simply not on the pecking order because we have two guys that are just that good. If he blows up, Layman moves to the bench and Okogie or Culver are for sale to clear the room. Just because we finally have guard talent doesn't mean we need to be afraid at gambling on such potential. Edwards is good, so is Cole Anthony....they both had amazing hype coming out, no one knows....but I'd prefer to keep our first pick then spend it, our other young pieces and cap relief in the future for a guy that might drop in 6 more points a game than Beasley double the cost.

Dlo/Jmac/Culver
Beas/Edwards/Culver
Layman/Oke/Edwards
Juancho/JJ/Naz
KAT/Naz/Otoru?...

Guards own this league....bet on the best rated one, spend money on assets we spent on to get, and gamble on some bigs to protect the rim.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beasley
Culver
Okogie

I was going to say, that's giving up a lot, until I realised you were just listing assets we have to work with.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:58 pm
Beasley
Culver
Okogie

I was going to say, that's giving up a lot, until I realised you were just listing assets we have to work with.
We technically only have 1 FIRST to trade (take your pick) unless we somehow get back in the first round.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:34 pm The #1 isnt enough to get Booker or Simmons.
1, S&T Beasley, Culver

It will get done.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

All this trade talk reminded me of this commercial. D-LO and Simmons are close friends.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Stay and take Edwards
Edwards has motor issues and shot 29% from deep last year, where on earth are you getting wade or Mitchell comps?

Edwards is the one prospect I stay FAR away from. Andrew Wiggins 2.0, best case scenario I could see is demar derozan, but definitely no where near those other comps