Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PLAYOFFS THREAD

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

PLAYOFFS THREAD

Post by thinktank »

This Jokic-led offense looks bad.

🤮
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: PLAYOFFS THREAD

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:36 pm This Jokic-led offense looks bad.

🤮
THIBBS = DUNN instead of MURRAY!

....and some here still worship the Red Faced Gorilla (RFG). :roll:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Murray is doing 90% of this.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 pm Murray is doing 90% of this.
Jokic did hit a 3 in the OT, but Denver isn’t winning that without Murray. Pretty incredible watching him and Mitchell down the stretch. Good game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm calling it now. timothe luwawu-cabarrot is going to make joe harris expendable this summer in free agency. there are too many decent wings/guards under contract by brooklyn right now - and that, compounded with the return of durant and irving - plus TLC's end of season breakout play, will allow the nets to let harris walk. (TLC, a very sticky long armed defender and a 7.8 ppg scorer on the year, has now had bubble games of 19, 24, 24, 26 and then 26 again today.) he's figured it out.

anyone here interested in pursuing harris as a UFA solution to our SF spot? 15 ppg, 4 rpg with decent hard working D and a three stroke of 42%.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 pm i'm calling it now. timothe luwawu-cabarrot is going to make joe harris expendable this summer in free agency. there are too many decent wings/guards under contract by brooklyn right now - and that, compounded with the return of durant and irving - plus TLC's end of season breakout play, will allow the nets to let harris walk. (TLC, a very sticky long armed defender and a 7.8 ppg scorer on the year, has now had bubble games of 19, 24, 24, 26 and then 26 again today.) he's figured it out.

anyone here interested in pursuing harris as a UFA solution to our SF spot? 15 ppg, 4 rpg with decent hard working D and a three stroke of 42%.
No.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

Raptors will sweep.

Denver/Utah should be a hell of a series.

LAC looked like they were going to run away with it, now trail at the end of 1Q. Still, they’ll prevail in 5-6.

Playoffs all day is fun!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Luka is amazing at creating looks.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:00 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 pm i'm calling it now. timothe luwawu-cabarrot is going to make joe harris expendable this summer in free agency. there are too many decent wings/guards under contract by brooklyn right now - and that, compounded with the return of durant and irving - plus TLC's end of season breakout play, will allow the nets to let harris walk. (TLC, a very sticky long armed defender and a 7.8 ppg scorer on the year, has now had bubble games of 19, 24, 24, 26 and then 26 again today.) he's figured it out.

No.
there's some merit to the idea. what do you think he will cost and what do you think beasley will cost? you don't sign beasley and you'd probably have what it takes to get harris - plus he's got a longer track record of good deep shooting than beasley, is the superior defender of the two, and eliminates the problem we've got right now in culver and beasley both primarily being SGs.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 pm

No.
there's some merit to the idea. what do you think he will cost and what do you think beasley will cost? you don't sign beasley and you'd probably have what it takes to get harris - plus he's got a longer track record of good deep shooting than beasley, is the superior defender of the two, and eliminates the problem we've got right now in culver and beasley both primarily being SGs.
Harris would be a great addition but I don't think we will use the full MLE it will take to get him. We would need to shed salary to get under the Lux and you know the cheap douchebag won;t pay it even though he is about to pocket 900 million he stole from all of us.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:45 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 pm

No.
Harris would be a great addition but I don't think we will use the full MLE it will take to get him. We would need to shed salary to get under the Lux and you know the cheap douchebag won;t pay it even though he is about to pocket 900 million he stole from all of us.
do you agree with my take that harris could very likely be out of a nets uniform and into something else next year? that roster is super deep.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Harris will earn more than the MLE.

Don’t even bother.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 am Harris will earn more than the MLE.

Don’t even bother.
why is joe such a hotter commodity today than he was two years ago when he signed a two year deal with brooklyn for 8 a year? he was pretty much the same player then that he is now.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 am

Don’t even bother.
why is joe such a hotter commodity today than he was two years ago when he signed a two year deal with brooklyn for 8 a year? he was pretty much the same player then that he is now.
He’s not. He continues to get better. Even the announcers from the game yesterday commented on how Harris is going to get paid on his next deal. Trust me.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 am

Don’t even bother.
He’s not. He continues to get better. Even the announcers from the game yesterday commented on how Harris is going to get paid on his next deal. Trust me.
so what is the number? how much?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:38 am

The number is irrelevant to our Wolfies.

Whatever Harris would take to play for us, he’ll take less than that to play with a contender.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:47 am

Whatever Harris would take to play for us, he’ll take less than that to play with a contender.
the number is relevant to my question - whether he plays for us or not. i'm just curious about what bb minds think harris will command this offseason. beasley's number is estimated to be around $13-$15M per year on a 3 year deal. that's 6 to 7 more per year than joe's making now.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:24 am

the number is relevant to my question - whether he plays for us or not. i'm just curious about what bb minds think harris will command this offseason. beasley's number is estimated to be around $13-$15M per year on a 3 year deal. that's 6 to 7 more per year than joe's making now.
HE’S NOT GOING TO PLAY FOR US.

Let’s make a sig bet.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am

Let’s make a sig bet.
i am ACCEPTING THAT. i'm just wondering, pondering what free agency will bring in general for ALL players up for it this summer - what do people think joe harris will get? again, this question has ZIPPO ZERO NADA to do with any apparently misguided aspirations to bring him to minnesota. are we unable to speculate about how much money joe harris will make?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:47 am
thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am

Let’s make a sig bet.
i am ACCEPTING THAT. i'm just wondering, pondering what free agency will bring in general for ALL players up for it this summer - what do people think joe harris will get? again, this question has ZIPPO ZERO NADA to do with any apparently misguided aspirations to bring him to minnesota. are we unable to speculate about how much money joe harris will make?
You can. I’m not going to.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

What in the blue balled fuck happened to Milwaukee?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:12 pm What in the blue balled fuck happened to Milwaukee?
giannis' stats are always eyepopping - but IMO he's dominating the ball too much. feels like sometimes a one man show - and i think they're better off when everyone's involved. he had 25 shots today - getting a little harden like. they'll probably come around - orlando may not win another game - but in general, i think they diminish some of their other strengths by constantly relying so much on the freak.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:52 pm
SHAFA wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:12 pm What in the blue balled fuck happened to Milwaukee?
giannis' stats are always eyepopping - but IMO he's dominating the ball too much. feels like sometimes a one man show - and i think they're better off when everyone's involved. he had 25 shots today - getting a little harden like. they'll probably come around - orlando may not win another game - but in general, i think they diminish some of their other strengths by constantly relying so much on the freak.
With Toronto winning last year, it makes me sense Playoffs ball is finally about TEAM ball.
Style

Post by Style »

Are the Lakers in real trouble this series?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if zach collins doesn't get back in the saddle, they still might pull it out. right now the blazers don't have much of an answer to AD. collins at least provides size and defense. helluva time to get an inflamed ankle.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

It’s interesting for sure.

Don’t underestimate the McCollums, Bookers, Murrays Mitchells of the league.

Littles rule.

Interesting that there is no clear Little in this lotto. There must be one good somewhere, if not two.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

portland is falling off a cliff. 4 mins into the fourth quarter and they haven't scored a point.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what a brutal game. AD has missed 21 shots tonight. CLLAANNKKKK.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Who knew I'd actually find myself rooting for a team with Carmelo playing significant minutes.