Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PLAYOFFS THREAD

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: PLAYOFFS THREAD

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm Herro. Wow he's good.
Young Ray Allen.
I knew he'd be able to shoot with the best of them but he was having his way going at the rim last night too.. so smooth. Imagine if the Wolves stay at 11 last year and grab him. :thinking:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm Herro. Wow he's good.
Young Ray Allen.
I knew he'd be able to shoot with the best of them but he was having his way going at the rim last night too.. so smooth. Imagine if the Wolves stay at 11 last year and grab him. :thinking:
He's kind of an all around player and looks like he could be an allstar. What was the knock on him before the draft? Not lengthy enough?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:53 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 am

Young Ray Allen.
He's kind of an all around player and looks like he could be an allstar. What was the knock on him before the draft? Not lengthy enough?
Yeah, his wingspan is like 6'3ish which doesn't favor too well against wings but clearly he is a combo guard and he works fine for small ball/position-less basketball... stud. I was having an internal debate watching him last night.. would you take him over any player in the draft right now? Obviously not seeing any of the guys in the league yet makes you believe there are higher ceilings for some but Herro has been damn good.

Oh and I should mention it helps having Bam/Butler/Iguodala and others defensively on the floor.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

well, 3 mins left in the first quarter and the lakers have about half as many rebounds already as they got in the entire last game. hello!!!!! denver has two. gulp. dwight in the first 9 mins - 8 and 8.

update: jokic quieter in this first half than tatum was last night - 2 pts, no rebs, 2 assts - halfway thru the second. however, for the second night in a row - what the flying fuck is AD on the glass. we are approaching halftime and he has zero boards. that's right, folks! almost three quarters now and AD had 2 rebounds.

oh the humiliating diminishment of old time post skills. two of the best big men in the nba have combined for ZERO rebounds in the first half. of a playoff game. can't make it up!

have the lakers figured out jokic's kryptonite? dwight is 11 and 10 at the half - jokic 10 and 3. lakers up by five.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

For the first time ever, I've enjoyed watching Dwight this series.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm For the first time ever, I've enjoyed watching Dwight this series.
i think he's enjoying it too. no one expects much - but he's still the kind of physical beast that can put a dent into the nba's current golden big, nikola. i think he enjoys that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

can't make it up. AD gets his first rebound with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter. somebody didn't get the memo. i'm sorry. he has three rebounds in nearly 7 quarters of playoff basketball. my 96 year old mother could get more boards just being on the court in her wheelchair.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm can't make it up. AD gets his first rebound with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter. somebody didn't get the memo. i'm sorry. he has three rebounds in nearly 7 quarters of playoff basketball. my 96 year old mother could get more boards just being on the court in her wheelchair.
I was coming here to type that it’s the end of the 3rd and Davis only has 3 rebounds.

WTF??!!

How can he even show his face?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I want the King to get another one, but how do you not cheer for this Denver team?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the curious case of gary harris. what the hell has happened to him? he's a good defender - but not that good. last ten playoff games, he's averaging less than 9 ppg. this from a guy they owe $40M to over the next two years. man, some guys get their money and then just freaking disappear. let's hope this isn't some sort of cautionary tale ala malik beasley.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 pm the curious case of gary harris. what the hell has happened to him? he's a good defender - but not that good. last ten playoff games, he's averaging less than 9 ppg. this from a guy they owe $40M to over the next two years. man, some guys get their money and then just freaking disappear. let's hope this isn't some sort of cautionary tale ala malik beasley.
Denver has made plenty of mistakes in recent history, including the Harris contract (check out the Portland Trailblazers thread for more of my thoughts on these mistakes), and yet, here they are.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm can't make it up. AD gets his first rebound with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter. somebody didn't get the memo. i'm sorry. he has three rebounds in nearly 7 quarters of playoff basketball. my 96 year old mother could get more boards just being on the court in her wheelchair.
I was coming here to type that it’s the end of the 3rd and Davis only has 3 rebounds.

WTF??!!

How can he even show his face?
Have to look at what they are doing with him. I've probably only seen half the minutes so far of the last two games but he is almost strictly spacing on offense and doing everything he can to get a hand in Joker's face. Hard to board doing that.

Side note anyone remember when Den was our hated rival? Can you imagine how much we would hate Joker and Murray if we played in the same league. They are so fun to watch when they are taking one man run turns. I so want to see what Butler can do with Murray and If Bam's better strength and quickness can fare better than AD with Joker.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think dwight is kind of the x factor. he played well tonight. who on miami is guarding whom if both dwight and AD are on the floor? olynyk gets more run? or do they just stay with what they've been doing? crowder is a tough guy - but i don't see how he can check AD.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm For the first time ever, I've enjoyed watching Dwight this series.
Will be strange to see him get a ring after everything that happened after he got traded from Orlando to the Lakers.

Last five years, five different teams yet playing for league minimum? He can help you a lot, especially if you have a guy like Davis who doesn't want to play the 5 all the time.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

celts finally put it together second half tonite and blew out the heat.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:22 am celts finally put it together second half tonite and blew out the heat.
Heat are in trouble. Celtics are dogs.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/299 ... on-celtics

So Bam takes credit for the loss.....even though his stats are almost identical to Butler’s - minus 4 points. I don’t remember Bam taking credit for the wins though when his stats were far better than Butler’s during the wins and the “But Boys” here were showering their hero with all the praise for his 3rd Wheel heroics.

Bam already leading while Butler poses and follows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:22 am celts finally put it together second half tonite and blew out the heat.
i don't know if i'd go that far. they get another incredible game out of one of their players and it could spell doom for the celts. butler, herro, bam, dragic - even robinson to some extent - all have that ability. and they just need one more win. but yeah, it seems like last night the celts broke the code or something - either to unleashing their own game or to figuring out the heat. sidenote: theis finally showed up too. his second half was huge.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:38 am
thinktank wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 am
i don't know if i'd go that far. they get another incredible game out of one of their players and it could spell doom for the celts. butler, herro, bam, dragic - even robinson to some extent - all have that ability. and they just need one more win. but yeah, it seems like last night the celts broke the code or something - either to unleashing their own game or to figuring out the heat.
Keep Bam to average or below and the Celtics will win....code cracked. :o

It’s not rocket science.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Lake Show vs Saucy Nuggs. Nuggets down 3-1, and they've already come back from 3-1 twice. But Denver needs to win tonight because I fear down 4-1 is just too difficult to come back from.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yes sir, sports fans. in another Battle of The Ages between two of the best big men dominating the sport today, nikola jokic and anthony davis - in what could be the decisive game in this playoff series, have in the first half ripped down an incredible total of ONE rebound between them. watch out - wilt, shaq and the rest! your legacies are in danger!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Goooooo Nuggets!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

lebron is kicking some serious ass late in the fourth.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Still the king. He's got so much determination these playoffs. He's brought a championship everywhere he's been, he's not letting LAL get away.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Gross Lakers in the Finals..

Butler please beat them
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

man, celtics. look no further than your continued jacking of the three in the fourth. 2 for 15. not going to win too many games doing that.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm man, celtics. look no further than your continued jacking of the three in the fourth. 2 for 15. not going to win too many games doing that.
Got down 6 pts or so with 5 or 6 minutes left to play and instead of just trying to get good shots or go to the hoop they just shot clanging 3 after clanging 3.....Stevens should have called a timeout and made them run some played on offense.

Terrible....The better TEAM won.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Lakers won the semifinals in big part because they had a guy like Dwight on the bench to counter Jokic.

I don't know if someone like Dwight can counter Bam...maybe AD, but he needs to assert himself a lot more on that side of the floor than he did in the Denver series. Dwight will not play as much in this series, so its on AD to neutralize Bam. There's obviously more issues than just Bam though. Miami plays a very team oriented game. They know that if Bam is neutralized, then they can just feed Butt, or Herro, or Duncan, or Dragic. Miami plays such a perfect team style of play. Very reminiscent of the Spurs dynasty teams.

Lakers advantage is star power, and veterans. Miami is very mentally strong though. Where the Lakers might have the advantage in veteran leadership, Miami's young guys like Bam, Herro and Duncan have proven to be very resilient and tough.

Cheering for the king to get another ring, but the team mentality that Miami has shown throughout the playoffs is what many older fans want the NBA to return to.

This is going to be a fantastic series.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm man, celtics. look no further than your continued jacking of the three in the fourth. 2 for 15. not going to win too many games doing that.
Got down 6 pts or so with 5 or 6 minutes left to play and instead of just trying to get good shots or go to the hoop they just shot clanging 3 after clanging 3.....Stevens should have called a timeout and made them run some played on offense.

and then stevens went small. had grant williams in for a bit at center, which is small - but in the final 4 mins i think he went even smaller - kemba, smart, brown, tatum and hayward. clank clank clank - and i don't think they got one second chance. bam had something like 6 rebounds in the fourth.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 am
jodaman01 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am

and then stevens went small. had grant williams in for a bit at center, which is small - but in the final 4 mins i think he went even smaller - kemba, smart, brown, tatum and hayward. clank clank clank - and i don't think they got one second chance. bam had something like 6 rebounds in the fourth.
I couldn’t believe what I was watching, but if those guys had hit those 3’s - Stevens would look like a genius.

They had played so smart the entire series and never lost it when they went down by 10 points or so, yesterday they looked and acted like chickens with their heads cut off in that stretch. Basically gave away the game, but Miami was good enough to take it.