Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PLAYOFFS THREAD

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: PLAYOFFS THREAD

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:24 pm Lebron has zero 4th quarter points yesterday.

Michael Jordan would never......
i think this stage of lebron's career is putting the nail in the coffin on the GOAT debate. he still has fantastic games. and then he has Old Lebron games - and jordan never had that. he kicked ass with the bulls till the end. i should pause and see if he wins a title this year - but there are enough subpar games (for him) that's IMO made the choice more clear.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

Agree with both of your last posts SMY.

Budz is getting destroyed this series. It seems he went from one of the most comfortable coaches in the league to hot seat in 3 games. He might not make it to next year if their next game is another dud. I think it will be a dud. The players seemed to have quit.

LBJ, yeah, as much as I want him to be the GOAT, he’s just not. Clearly the best player of our generation and a sensational talent, but he’s not MJ.

I do think Lebron’s peak performance bests MJ’s. That GS series was absolutely unbelievable.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Style

Post by Style »

Toronto .5 seconds from being down 0-3 is looking like they might tie this thing up at 2-2. Incredible turn of events.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yeah, crazy game. kemba makes that fabulous pass for a go ahead basket with one second to go. but they still lose and now here we are.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

Clippers seem to be in a class by themselves.

If I was given the choice Clippers vs. the field for the title, I’d take the Clippers.

I think it was a tweet I saw today. If Kawhi wins another title, he really jumps the list of all timers, yet Raymond Felton still has more career points.

Odd random stat.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

raymond felton was the MAN!!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller gotta be my favorite commentator duo for the NBA
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Style wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm Clippers seem to be in a class by themselves.

If I was given the choice Clippers vs. the field for the title, I’d take the Clippers.

I think it was a tweet I saw today. If Kawhi wins another title, he really jumps the list of all timers, yet Raymond Felton still has more career points.

Odd random stat.
:o
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The East is so interesting right now. Miami could definitely beat Boston or Toronto. Miami would maybe be the most unlikely team to make the finals since that 8 seed Knicks team made it like 2 decades ago.
Style

Post by Style »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 pm Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller gotta be my favorite commentator duo for the NBA
Harlan is so elite that he covers for a sometimes odd Reggie.

Stan Van Gundy is pretty damn good too. The NBA as a whole is really good right now.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Style wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:50 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:38 pm Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller gotta be my favorite commentator duo for the NBA
Harlan is so elite that he covers for a sometimes odd Reggie.

Stan Van Gundy is pretty damn good too. The NBA as a whole is really good right now.
I think ESPN is far behind the curve that TNT sets. TNT puts on a damn show. ESPN just kind of does things idly.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Denver letting the Clippers hand around too long. feels like theres just a moment away from Kawhi taking over the game.
Style

Post by Style »

I thought the Clips were going to make their run, then Kawhi missed both FTs, Denver hit a bucket, and George threw up some shitty shot.

Down 15 with 2:13 in the 3rd. If the Nugs blow this, get the brooms out.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

lol, Beverly's 2 technicals just cost me some money.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Game 3 for Clips vs Nugs is going to be intersting. I can't see the Clippers not winning it though. All those veterans are gonna be riled up.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:42 pm lol, Beverly's 2 technicals just cost me some money.
but then somehow made me money at the same time...that was interesting.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:37 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:24 pm Lebron has zero 4th quarter points yesterday.

Michael Jordan would never......
i think this stage of lebron's career is putting the nail in the coffin on the GOAT debate. he still has fantastic games. and then he has Old Lebron games - and jordan never had that. he kicked ass with the bulls till the end. i should pause and see if he wins a title this year - but there are enough subpar games (for him) that's IMO made the choice more clear.
The final nail is in the coffin and Jordan is inside it.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 am
yeah. nasty example of traveling. how many step backs are they allowing these days?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

people talking about how milwaukee is too dependent on giannis in the half court only need to point to how they did in the first half when the freak went out with the ankle injury. they looked so much better.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

That was a nice find by Bledsoe
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bucks finally starting to hit these shots
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

middleton's terrible!!!

except obviously when giannis goes out with an injury and he smacks 22 in one quarter to keep his team's hopes alive. milwaukee looks so much better when they're not playing their giannis-dominated O.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Everyone dogging it out there
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Khris Middleton...big time
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Haha..what?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bucks get it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Team on his back. Cold blooded, Khris.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm loving this. after all the bad mouthing yesterday - middleton kicks ass. 36/8/8 in a must win game with giannis out. 22 in the third, 9 in OT. learn the game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

This was a game Butler faded into the background down the stretch. If he's the emotional leader, you can't look like wallpaper out there.