Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

A kid from Coney Island, Marbury Doc on Netflix

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Rusty Kuntz

A kid from Coney Island, Marbury Doc on Netflix

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Just released on Netflix. I heard it was really good, I'm gonna watch it tonight. Anyone watch it?
Rusty Kuntz

Re: A kid from Coney Island, Marbury Doc on Netflix

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

KG was hanging out at Marburys house back 92-93, didn't know that. So far it's fuckin great :beer: Man what could have been with KG and Marbury :punch:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:32 pm KG was hanging out at Marburys house back 92-93, didn't know that. So far it's fuckin great :beer: Man what could have been with KG and Marbury :punch:
Please don't. It's bring the same emotions as that thread about how we failed KG. :cry:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

It was really fucking good. His family was deliousional not seeing the crazy and blaming his lack of help from his teammates, but overall really good. Worth a watch to any wolves fan. Some good memories and clips from the day. And those wolves unis were fire :beer:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just noticed this on Netflix now and was about to start a thread on it. Good thing I entered the title in the search. Gonna check it out now.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:32 pm KG was hanging out at Marburys house back 92-93, didn't know that. So far it's fuckin great :beer: Man what could have been with KG and Marbury :punch:
I hear this a lot from our fan base...what could've been with Steph and KG, but I think the story more is what could have been with Marbury in general. He never hit his potential here or elsewhere in the NBA. He got in his own way.

...now, what could have been with KG and Jesus Shuttlesworth? had the Wolves targeted Jesus instead of Steph (who they also drafted to trade).
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ok fine, I'll watch for old school TWolves action. I adore seeing that team, but it just leaves me feeling empty at the end of the day.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Great, it's not even on Netflix Australia. I was getting excited to see some Wolves ball.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The $15 shoes thing was very cool from Stephon.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Pretty average documentary. Solid ending though, showing his legacy of other guys like him from the same area who made it.

The whole China thing...You could see throughout the documentary (and could see it throughout his career if you payed attention) that he didn't have that mentality to rise above when things got tough in basketball. He would just sulk or request a trade or show he didn't care. So it was definitely good that he went to China and got out of his depression, but it sums up his basketball career. He needed to go to a place where he could dominate and do his own thing with no one questioning him for him to break out of his shell. His ego needed to go to a place where he was unchallenged (both by opposition, and his own team and coaches)....this might sound negative, but its not. Marbury is a success story.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Something on the documentary that I just thought of...

It talks about KG getting the $130 mill max, or whatever it was, and then the next season the max you could offer a player was $70 mill and Stephon was jealous of KG's money...If we didn't have to sign KG until a year later, we likely get both players on $70 mill contracts and keep them together for awhile...but not just that, KG's contract made it a bit more difficult to put talent around him...The KG era would have been brighter, had he only been able to sign his first big contract for $70 mill.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Still the greatest uniform in modern NBA history. Not close.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

FANTASTIC DOC.

Really made me reconsider Marbury the man and his career.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

For how many times his family members said "all he wants to do its win" all he did was lose and move from team to team because of his shitty attitude. He couldn't handle being accountable for anything and was a terrible leader. One of the most hyped basketball players in NBA history, but always WAY more bark than bite.

Cannot believe how out of touch his family is, they think everyone was out to destroy poor Stephon. Stephon destroyed himself in regards to his NBA career!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Played the point at this time of my life and love Marbury. Had the line in my hair and everything.

Hated the Wolves for awhile after he was gone.

This symbolizes that time and dope 90's hip hop.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDcC8Jp1OL4[/youtube]
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master