Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

LordNu

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by LordNu »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 am
Who exactly is this guy?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 am
Who exactly is this guy?
He's a writer for Canis Hoopus.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I looked up Devin Booker rumo(u)rs, none of the other trades from teams made much sense or seemed plausible. Who knows though. One had us giving up Culver, Okogie, 1st, Johnson (i.e. no Beasley!!) which I thought was comical.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm
:clap:

It's gonna happen. Maybe not soon but Booker will end up as a Wolf
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:50 pm
The gravity from Booker-Russell-KAT would be so incredible.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
witljon

Post by witljon »

bri wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 pm I wonder how far those 3 could take a team since they're highly paid and aren't anything special on defense.
The Ship....They take us to the Ship!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:34 pm Also he rebounds his position well. Over 5 boards a game in limited minutes for over half the year. And when he got minutes here there were multiple games he put up double digit rebounding numbers as a 6ft 4in guard. Pretty impressive.
people are working too hard trying to find reasons to not like beasley.
Per 36, Beasley gets you only one more rebound than Booker. But remember, Beasley wasn’t playing with KAT.

Per 36, Booker gets you 4.5 more assists.

I’d rather have 4.5 assists than 1 rebound.
Yeah but Booker is also getting a lot less assists with the ball in D'Angelo Russell's hands and him playing off of it.

I mean Rosas is a guy that will move heaven and earth to make this happen one way or another if there is even a slight possibility.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
witljon

Post by witljon »

YBBR wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pmYeah but Booker is also getting a lot less assists with the ball in D'Angelo Russell's hands and him playing off of it.
Booker just might shrink a couple assists away from D'Angelos stats...
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

YBBR wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm
thinktank wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm

people are working too hard trying to find reasons to not like beasley.
Per 36, Beasley gets you only one more rebound than Booker. But remember, Beasley wasn’t playing with KAT.

Per 36, Booker gets you 4.5 more assists.

I’d rather have 4.5 assists than 1 rebound.
Yeah but Booker is also getting a lot less assists with the ball in D'Angelo Russell's hands and him playing off of it.

I mean Rosas is a guy that will move heaven and earth to make this happen one way or another if there is even a slight possibility.
Yeah but they know they’ll be best when they share the ball.

With Towns, Booker, and Russell, the ball movement should be ridiculous.

They’re getting together because they’re friends, right?

Right.

Look at how well Beasley fared next to Russell. Booker will fare even better. And so will Russell and Towns, because Booker is a really good passer, where Beasley is the opposite.
Last edited by thinktank on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

witljon wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:08 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pmYeah but Booker is also getting a lot less assists with the ball in D'Angelo Russell's hands and him playing off of it.
Booker just might shrink a couple assists away from D'Angelos stats...
Sure. That would likely happen. I guess my point is he's no longer the defacto guy like in Phoenix and has to share the ball a lot more if he were to come here is what I'm saying. So yeah a lot of numbers as #1 vs 1 of 3 go out the window.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I get why people are excited about it. The Suns got a lot better last year. Booker being their leader.

Malik has that Jimmy Butler in him. And the good part of Jimmy Butler!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I’m happy to be lumped into the Beasley group. The financials alone of bringing in Booker is reason enough.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 pm I’m happy to be lumped into the Beasley group. The financials alone of bringing in Booker is reason enough.
Do we have to be lumped in either? Like I don't care either way, but I have been thinking it is inevitable he will come here once we got Russell and accepted that it is the three we will have for a number of years. If it doesn't happen, I am happy to have Beasley 2.0, I really like him as a player.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:08 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 pm I’m happy to be lumped into the Beasley group. The financials alone of bringing in Booker is reason enough.
Do we have to be lumped in either? Like I don't care either way, but I have been thinking it is inevitable he will come here once we got Russell and accepted that it is the three we will have for a number of years. If it doesn't happen, I am happy to have Beasley 2.0, I really like him as a player.
Not necessarily, I guess. There are probably more than one single scenario that could play out too. I mostly just looked at it as an either-or situation in that we’d likely need Beasley’s money to pull Booker. In that scenario, I just don’t see the kind of difference between the two that’d justify paying one potentially 10+ million more.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This team isn't going anywhere with the Sanders kid. That should be first priority.

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!

Get Beasley inked, sign some nice pieces to go around those 3.

Draft Wiseman+Winston

#Win

Just say no to booger. We will be looking at getting rid of tye other two in a few years, no need to add the third stooge.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
T_J

Post by T_J »

Booker is arguably the best player of this potential big 3...if you can get him, you do it 100/100.

Beasley is decent, but he's not an allstar player like Booker is.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:09 pm I looked up Devin Booker rumo(u)rs, none of the other trades from teams made much sense or seemed plausible. Who knows though. One had us giving up Culver, Okogie, 1st, Johnson (i.e. no Beasley!!) which I thought was comical.
We cannot trade Beasley for quite some time, if we are to trade for Booker in the near future the deal will not include him. Nothing comical.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 am
LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:09 pm I looked up Devin Booker rumo(u)rs, none of the other trades from teams made much sense or seemed plausible. Who knows though. One had us giving up Culver, Okogie, 1st, Johnson (i.e. no Beasley!!) which I thought was comical.
We cannot trade Beasley for quite some time, if we are to trade for Booker in the near future the deal will not include him. Nothing comical.
When exactly is he tradable?

Considering the 20-21 season isn’t likely to start until December of this year......would something be workable early next season?

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

I just don't see how they make the money work. Even if you could, it's not like D-Lo, Towns, and Booker are playing at a level close to James, Wade, and Bosh who only managed two titles before disbanding. If those three are going to command most of the salary, they have to carry 75 percent of the load.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

memyworld wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm I just don't see how they make the money work. Even if you could, it's not like D-Lo, Towns, and Booker are playing at a level close to James, Wade, and Bosh who only managed two titles before disbanding. If those three are going to command most of the salary, they have to carry 75 percent of the load.
Money would be tough, I still don't see Phoenix doing the deal this summer so the Wolves assets of James Johnson expiring and two first rounders for 2020 draft won't be options going forward. A trade summer 2021 (after Wiggins pick conveys) where the Wolves use Beasley on his new salary + Culver or Okogie + multiple first rounders might get it done then.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm Fuck it.

Let's do it. Let's face it, we aren't ever winning a chip here. Might as well make Timberwolves basketball as entertaining as possible
I'm 100% in this boat. I like Beasley, Okogie and Culver might be decent role players for awhile... Booker and Russell would be hard to stop on the perimeter... great shooters, can beat nearly anyone one on one... then add KAT to that mix.... unstoppable offensively. Defense you need to get two tough forwards who can make open shots. PJ Tucker/Roco would be nice!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:44 pm
When exactly is he tradable?

Considering the 20-21 season isn’t likely to start until December of this year......would something be workable early next season?

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Depends on circumstances. But if we re-sign Beasley generally it is December 15, that could get pushed further out I guess as the season will likely start late.
Style

Post by Style »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Let's do it. Let's face it, we aren't ever winning a chip here. Might as well make Timberwolves basketball as entertaining as possible
I'm 100% in this boat. I like Beasley, Okogie and Culver might be decent role players for awhile... Booker and Russell would be hard to stop on the perimeter... great shooters, can beat nearly anyone one on one... then add KAT to that mix.... unstoppable offensively. Defense you need to get two tough forwards who can make open shots. PJ Tucker/Roco would be nice!
Same. If you can get Booker, you do it.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Style wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Same. If you can get Booker, you do it.
Geez, I say what flex says and I get railed on. I guess timing is everything.
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:03 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am I'm in. If nothing else, fun to watch unlike what we've been watching since KG was traded to the C's.
not in. i'd have more fun watching a twolf obliterate someone's dunk attempt than i would watching a twolf hit 3.7 out of 10 three point attempts. IMO, runshoot, runshoot, runshoot bb is booooooooooring.
It is utterly amazing to me that people would rather watch us make 3.7 of our attempts while chucking bad early shots in a loss than slow down, play D, play inside out, and win.

It is just so obvious I can't believe no one seems to see it. Our 2 best players are slow down half court inside out players. Size is our advantage and we can add more in the draft. Slowing down and making more shots helps you play better D. So does actually playing your best defenders and size. But nope. Let's trade some more of our actual hard playing pro's for another half the game stat padder who wants everything his way but is not willing to earn it.

I could trade Towns and Russell this offseason and have this team in the playoffs next year and for the next 10 by "losing" every deal. Because there are a shit load of GM's just like rubes who don't understand stars win doesn't mean what they think. It's not getting stars is the only way to win. It's that if you don't win you aren't a star. Winning makes stars not the other way around. Stars take role players and make them better. They don't require you to trade 3 good role players and picks to get them another star.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

booker might demand a trade to minnesota just for his health. jesus, arizona - get a grip on it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I thought it was comical because those pieces aren't going to be missed (other than as fan favourites). Can we not do sign and trade anymore?
Last edited by LordNu on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:36 pm booker might demand a trade to minnesota just for his health. jesus, arizona - get a grip on it.
This something reported?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:32 pm
I thought it was comical because those pieces aren't going to be missed (other than as fan favourites). Can we not do sign and trade anymore?
Cannot combine players in S&T, so that is impractical from a Booker standpoint.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:36 pm booker might demand a trade to minnesota just for his health. jesus, arizona - get a grip on it.
This something reported?
no. just musing because arizona has become such a godforsaken covid hellhole.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.