Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:23 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:47 pm Booker just had a career shooting season. And his advanced numbers pertaining to dictating wins were still mediocre. He’s a bad defender, not a playmaker or creator for other players, and will probably regress in some small way from his career high TS% this season. I’m not saying he’s not a good player, but he’s certainly not elite and probably not top 20. The Wolves would be paying 60 million dollars per for two players who won’t defend on the perimeter and have never seriously affected winning for their teams(going by advanced stats).
So playing with DLO and or KAT in Rosas and Ryan’s system, did that improve on Beasley’s #’s this season from his #’s with Denver this season?

If so, it would likely have the same impact on Booker. More open shots, and he would also have KAT to pass to, I bet his assists my skyrocket.

You never really know until it happens it’s all speculation....plus the combo and relationship between DLO, KAT and Booker offers intangibles that can’t be calculated or accounted for.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
How many games did Beasley play with KAT this season?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I think Beasley is such a stud in the making. The dude has grit on the basketball court. Something our teams always tend to lack. Really good shooter, good slasher, and does try on defense. He's not great at it yet, but he puts in the effort and has made some real promising defensive plays for the team.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:57 pm I think Beasley is such a stud in the making. The dude has grit on the basketball court. Something our teams always tend to lack. Really good shooter, good slasher, and does try on defense. He's not great at it yet, but he puts in the effort and has made some real promising defensive plays for the team.
this.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:10 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:57 pm I think Beasley is such a stud in the making. The dude has grit on the basketball court. Something our teams always tend to lack. Really good shooter, good slasher, and does try on defense. He's not great at it yet, but he puts in the effort and has made some real promising defensive plays for the team.
this.
That.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Also he rebounds his position well. Over 5 boards a game in limited minutes for over half the year. And when he got minutes here there were multiple games he put up double digit rebounding numbers as a 6ft 4in guard. Pretty impressive.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:34 pm Also he rebounds his position well. Over 5 boards a game in limited minutes for over half the year. And when he got minutes here there were multiple games he put up double digit rebounding numbers as a 6ft 4in guard. Pretty impressive.
people are working too hard trying to find reasons to not like beasley.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:34 pm Also he rebounds his position well. Over 5 boards a game in limited minutes for over half the year. And when he got minutes here there were multiple games he put up double digit rebounding numbers as a 6ft 4in guard. Pretty impressive.
I’m not sure they’re anti Beasley as much as they’re excited by the sizzle and not as much steak Devin Booker. Booker is better than Beasley, but you’re gonna pay him close to three times as much plus give away other good assets to potentially acquire Booker. I’m just out on that. But I understand the pull because the spacing with KAT, Booker, and DLo would be something we’ve never seen in this neck of the woods.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

People are working too hard trying to find reasons to like beasley.

We’ll see if Rosas makes a play for Booker.

Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Gotta remember we don't have our draft pick next year thanks to DLo. We gotta shoot for the stars, and Booker is the only star that will want to come here to play with his buddies.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:51 pm

you know, he comes in - plays hard, has an edge, gets 5 boards a game as a SG, averages 21 PPG and hits 43% of the EIGHT threes he attempts per game with us. who's the last twolf to hit 49 threes in a 14 game stretch - KAT maybe? who befgore that - anthony peeler maybe??? i don't have to work very hard to like that - especially considering he's an RFA in an iffy offseason where big deals are going to be hard to come by. i stand by what i said, you're working WAY too hard not liking this dude.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:40 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:51 pm

you know, he comes in - plays hard, has an edge, gets 5 boards a game as a SG, averages 21 PPG and hits 43% of the EIGHT threes he attempts per game with us. who's the last twolf to hit 49 threes in a 14 game stretch - KAT maybe? who befgore that - anthony peeler maybe??? i don't have to work very hard to like that - especially considering he's an RFA in an iffy offseason where big deals are going to be hard to come by. i stand by what i said, you're working WAY too hard not liking this dude.
I have no issues with Beasley, said I like him and what he brings.....his edge and attitude are great. That being said, if the opportunity arises for Rosas to get Booker, I would rather he go after Booker.

GO WOLVES!! 👍
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This makes me feel like it is win win either way.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

BTW does anyone know the dates for when trades can be made? Is it strictly draft night and then like a month from then or whatever it usually is?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

okay i dug further cuz i like stats. beasley's little audition this year was the second best 14 game stretch of threes in wolves history. 2018, the year KAT hit his most threes, the most he ever hit in a 14 game stretch was 41. this year, KAT - the most prolific three baller in wolves history, did have a 14 game stretch where he hit more than 49 - he got 51. peeler's best - maybe 22. wiggins - maybe 23. beasley's 49 in 14 blows everything else - other than KAT - out of the water. and even then, it's right up there with the best KAT's ever done.

so - to accomodate fwends - beasley needs to be chucked into the waste heap after the second best run of threes EVER in wolves history?!? so we can pay devin booker three times as much? to shoot THREES?!?!

here's my idea. we talk to detroit about a sign and trade for christian wood. they sign wood to a 15ishM/year deal - we trade them james johnson, our #3 and #16 pick for wood and their #5 pick.

they might lose wood anyway for nothing - he's a UFA. in exchange they get final year expiring $16M james johnson to take his spot on the court, but then two of the top 16 picks this year for their rebuild. if needed, i'd toss in okogie or layman. we get a young PF ready to bust out - plus a top ten pick that we can use on okoro or avdija or vassell.

DLo
beasley
okoro or avdija or vassell
wood
KAT
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Agreed. Keep Beasley.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm Wolves top 3 pick, Sign and trade Beasley, and Culver for Booker.
I vote no.
Im thinking too expensive.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

he failed to mention "longterm $30+M/yr" deals.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just saw that booker's dad is pissed that his son is playing for a trash owner on a garbage team.

and he wants to come here?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 am
Oh shit yeah!!!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:25 pm just saw that booker's dad is pissed that his son is playing for a trash owner on a garbage team.

and he wants to come here?
:lol: Thats what I thought too. I think the difference though would be that his friends are here, and two other all star caliber players.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

A few years in and these twats will be pointing fingers at each other as they narrowly miss the playoffs.

Wiseman+Winston=RINGZ
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Per 36, Beasley gets you only one more rebound than Booker. But remember, Beasley wasn’t playing with KAT.

Per 36, Booker gets you 4.5 more assists.

I’d rather have 4.5 assists than 1 rebound.
bri

Post by bri »

I wonder how far those 3 could take a team since they're highly paid and aren't anything special on defense.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:42 pm
bri wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 pm I wonder how far those 3 could take a team since they're highly paid and aren't anything special on defense.
Maybe kinda like the Sun's in the 00s with Amare and Marion? By no means a one to one comparison, but I'd imagine we would have to be very 3pt/up tempo and basically just try to out score the opposition night after night.
Shawn Marion was an outstanding defensive player though. He made up for guys like Amare, Nash, and Diaw.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:42 pm
bri wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 pm I wonder how far those 3 could take a team since they're highly paid and aren't anything special on defense.
Maybe kinda like the Sun's in the 00s with Amare and Marion? By no means a one to one comparison, but I'd imagine we would have to be very 3pt/up tempo and basically just try to out score the opposition night after night.
I enjoyed that side. There have been some great teams that never won rings but were memorable, and they were one of them.