Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by RubeTube »

There are some talking on Suns forums that Booker doesn't want to come here. Wants to go to a established winner.

Dlo didn't want to come here either.

Hard pass. The sooner we get a kings ransom for Kat, the better.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
populousample

Post by populousample »

Wrong Head Coach for that trio
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sign our draft pick, then wait a month to make the trade, like Wiggins/Love and Beasley wouldnt have to get paid 20mil.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I guess it’s an idea if you’re interested in entertainment and a ceiling of 50 wins and little playoff success, especially in the West. The offense would be top 5, the defense bottom 5. Don’t get me wrong I’m against it but I understand those who just want to see some fun basketball and playoffs. This franchise is so terrible that any success is a sugar high.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:16 pm I guess it’s an idea if you’re interested in entertainment and a ceiling of 50 wins and little playoff success, especially in the West. The offense would be top 5, the defense bottom 5. Don’t get me wrong I’m against it but I understand those who just want to see some fun basketball and playoffs. This franchise is so terrible that any success is a sugar high.
50 wins and playoffs? I'd pay double for that kind of action.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I see this trio missing the playoffs more than making it.

Especially with the Sanders boy at the helm.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:16 pm I guess it’s an idea if you’re interested in entertainment and a ceiling of 50 wins and little playoff success, especially in the West. The offense would be top 5, the defense bottom 5. Don’t get me wrong I’m against it but I understand those who just want to see some fun basketball and playoffs. This franchise is so terrible that any success is a sugar high.
Yup; first thing we agreed on :D
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Dont care... Let him be unhappy..
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 pm
Yep. Totally get it Cotton.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:50 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Absolutely god damned right. Anyone who would want Booker over Beasley, Culver, and a top 5 pick should stop posting ideas, just sit back and watch the Wolves who are fully capable of fucking the dog in the most heinous way without their help.

And now even the one team who is on par with us as the dregs of the NBA if not all sports is smart enough not to bow to their no D half game star by getting him his no D half game buddy. Just us.
but it's different thrill. we're not trying to get these two no D buddies together. we're trying to get the THREE no D buddies together. see how that's different and better? cuz three is bigger than two. it's simple math.
Three is the magic number!

:lol:

I just see this as inevitable. Not pushing one way or the other.

The players (kids) rule this league now. Blame "The Decision" for how this current crop thinks. And probably NBA 2K where you can build a side to your liking.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

LET'S FUCKING GO.

It's one AM and I literally built quite a circular construction of Hamm's but goddamnt, if you are not on the Booker train you are a certified MORON.

This guy's offensive numbers are INSANE and he plays shooting guard.

That's the goal.

He could be the best player we get.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:14 am LET'S FUCKING GO.

It's one AM and I literally built quite a circular construction of Hamm's but goddamnt, if you are not on the Booker train you are a certified MORON.

This guy's offensive numbers are INSANE and he plays shooting guard.

That's the goal.

He could be the best player we get.
From the Land of Sky Blue Waters,
From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.

In addition it brings incredible clarity when consumed in mass quantities!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. Hooker is exactly that, a trick.

Wiseman+Winston= Basketball nirvana.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:58 am Lol. Hooker is exactly that, a trick.
:lol:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

It's an interesting split from us froobs. We all have valid arguments on both sides, both with wanting the same result: the best team we can get.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:40 pm Sign our draft pick, then wait a month to make the trade, like Wiggins/Love and Beasley wouldnt have to get paid 20mil.
For Beasley it is 3 months or December 15th? So I think he is here and if we made a play on Booker pre-deadline he won't be involved. If he is traded (S&T) in conjunction to get Booker it would likely be to a team who has a large enough expiring and a 1st...just to help long-term finances. Though I don't see that happening at least not before the deadline.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I'm in. If nothing else, fun to watch unlike what we've been watching since KG was traded to the C's.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

I don’t see Beasley included, but that aside, for me - yes, absolutely, do it, & figure everything else later.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:16 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:10 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Yup I will never doubt Rosas again. He got rid of Teague, Wiggins, and Gorgui in one season.

He and his team are cap geniuses
Unfade just praised The pRosas getting rid of Wiggins.

Hell hath frozen over :lol:
Lol I like wigs and still do but to get rid of a max contract, gorgui’s 15 million, and Teague’s 19 million in one season was pretty amazing.
:lol: So he got the same exact level of player for Wigs from a team that didn't want him and he had to add a 1st that was only top 3 protected? That's amazing? He got what for Gorgs and Teague? Space? No? A player as good as Gorgs? No? A 2nd? No?

Amazing! That you think it was amazing somehow.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:21 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Didn't see this, but completely agree. Booker will put seats in the stands. We aren't going to do any better than him.
Yup, everyone is always talking about building a championship team. We have to be realistic, we barely made the playoffs one time in 15 seasons.

Let’s build a good exciting team and see where we go from there.
Culver and Beasley aren't going to get us to the finals, we have a better shot at signing good role players with the big 3 then what we have now. It will be more entertaining and a better overall team. Plus happy players.
Nope. I could refer you to the last 30 years but why bother. I guess me and the other maybe 3 rubes who have this crazy idea that sports is about building a winning team and then............you know..........winning, will just mock the others and hate the idiot owner and his idiots on down organization. You guys have fun with that "star" worshiping and jersey buying and awesome 3rd quarter scoring runs. I guess the rest of us will just pine for that one year in the last 15 that we built the winner. You know, with that coach you all said sucked and that winner you all hated for being a winner and pointing out the 8 or so straight losers on our roster? Remember?

Culver and Beaslye aren't getting us to the finals. Good point. Might I point out you get to play more than 2 guys? Might I also point out the value of guys who play hard and smart like them? They call guys like that winners. See if you can guess why.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am I'm in. If nothing else, fun to watch unlike what we've been watching since KG was traded to the C's.
not in. i'd have more fun watching a twolf obliterate someone's dunk attempt than i would watching a twolf hit 3.7 out of 10 three point attempts. IMO, runshoot, runshoot, runshoot bb is booooooooooring.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:03 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am I'm in. If nothing else, fun to watch unlike what we've been watching since KG was traded to the C's.
not in. i'd have more fun watching a twolf obliterate someone's dunk attempt than i would watching a twolf hit 3.7 out of 10 three point attempts. IMO, runshoot, runshoot, runshoot bb is booooooooooring.
I love pace and space, but you got to have D.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

It is utterly amazing to me that people would rather watch us make 3.7 of our attempts while chucking bad early shots in a loss than slow down, play D, play inside out, and win.

It is just so obvious I can't believe no one seems to see it. Our 2 best players are slow down half court inside out players. Size is our advantage and we can add more in the draft. Slowing down and making more shots helps you play better D. So does actually playing your best defenders and size. But nope. Let's trade some more of our actual hard playing pro's for another half the game stat padder who wants everything his way but is not willing to earn it.

I could trade Towns and Russell this offseason and have this team in the playoffs next year and for the next 10 by "losing" every deal. Because there are a shit load of GM's just like rubes who don't understand stars win doesn't mean what they think. It's not getting stars is the only way to win. It's that if you don't win you aren't a star. Winning makes stars not the other way around. Stars take role players and make them better. They don't require you to trade 3 good role players and picks to get them another star.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 am
It is utterly amazing to me that people would rather watch us make 3.7 of our attempts while chucking bad early shots in a loss than slow down, play D, play inside out, and win.

It is just so obvious I can't believe no one seems to see it. Our 2 best players are slow down half court inside out players. Size is our advantage and we can add more in the draft. Slowing down and making more shots helps you play better D. So does actually playing your best defenders and size. But nope. Let's trade some more of our actual hard playing pro's for another half the game stat padder who wants everything his way but is not willing to earn it.

I could trade Towns and Russell this offseason and have this team in the playoffs next year and for the next 10 by "losing" every deal. Because there are a shit load of GM's just like rubes who don't understand stars win doesn't mean what they think. It's not getting stars is the only way to win. It's that if you don't win you aren't a star. Winning makes stars not the other way around. Stars take role players and make them better. They don't require you to trade 3 good role players and picks to get them another star.
To basically lose it over Beasley getting moved, which in the end would likely happen - in order to replace him with Booker is a win no matter what terms you use to define win.

I have said before I don’t think it’s going to happen, but if it’s possible it would be great for this organization.

People screaming for D, hey I get it.....I think we all do, but Beasley isn’t any type of answer on defense either so the outcry for D is the same whether you have Beasley or Booker.....given that’s equal, Booker adds something on offense that Beasley and possibly no other player on the Wolves can offer when it comes to offense.

So Rosas with the assets he has and the needs he has to address, do you believe he is going to actually use them to build this plucky defensive gritty “can do” team that will be underdogs most nights against the “superpower” teams, but gets some surprising wins here and there but never a serious playoff contender. That’s this Teams ceiling and to pretend otherwise is unrealistic. Culver, Okogie, Beasley, Hernangomez, Layman, Reid, Martin, Nowell and so on....with the exception of Beasley I just can’t seem to muster up any concern over any of these guys not playing another game for the Timberwolves, they’re just not very good and are roster filler no matter which NBA Team you put them on. Nothing there screams winner.

My gut tells me you may be right about Rosas on some things, but how smart of a GM do you have to be to build a roster around DLO, KAT and Booker........I think the job gets a whole lot easier, and would be harder to screw up than the Team in it’s current state.

GO WOLVES!! 👍
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

“The reality is, and the NBA shows, you need as much high-end talent as you can find,” Rosas said. “And my hope is that we currently have multiple All-Stars on this roster, but only time will tell. And part of that will be investing in this group of players, developing them to maximize their potential, and then us having to make hard decisions on whether we feel like this is a group that can have a sustainable model of success and can contend at the highest level.”

https://theathletic.com/1877124/2020/06 ... offseason/
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Fucking do it.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 am

To basically lose it over Beasley getting moved, which in the end would likely happen - in order to replace him with Booker is a win no matter what terms you use to define win.

I have said before I don’t think it’s going to happen, but if it’s possible it would be great for this organization.

People screaming for D, hey I get it.....I think we all do, but Beasley isn’t any type of answer on defense either so the outcry for D is the same whether you have Beasley or Booker.....given that’s equal, Booker adds something on offense that Beasley and possibly no other player on the Wolves can offer when it comes to offense.

So Rosas with the assets he has and the needs he has to address, do you believe he is going to actually use them to build this plucky defensive gritty “can do” team that will be underdogs most nights against the “superpower” teams, but gets some surprising wins here and there but never a serious playoff contender. That’s this Teams ceiling and to pretend otherwise is unrealistic. Culver, Okogie, Beasley, Hernangomez, Layman, Reid, Martin, Nowell and so on....with the exception of Beasley I just can’t seem to muster up any concern over any of these guys not playing another game for the Timberwolves, they’re just not very good and are roster filler no matter which NBA Team you put them on. Nothing there screams winner.

My gut tells me you may be right about Rosas on some things, but how smart of a GM do you have to be to build a roster around DLO, KAT and Booker........I think the job gets a whole lot easier, and would be harder to screw up than the Team in it’s current state.

GO WOLVES!! 👍
I have hopes for Beasley on D. I think it will come. I am also not sure for the money he will get he won't be a better deal. Booker is likely a SF here to start depending on result they would maybe look to move Beasley via trade and shift Booker back to SG. Value wise Booker is not wise and we can fill the 3 and 4 with 2-way players and likely be better for it.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

how is it easier to fill the roster with KAT-DLo-Booker making $90M of the cap?

and why are so many ready to chuck a player we traded for last year - came in and played 14 games for us (without the advantage of KAT in the lineup) and went 21/5/2 on 52%/43%/75%? yeah, he sooooo sucked. let's get rid of him so KAT and Dlo can pway wif dere fwend.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Booker just had a career shooting season. And his advanced numbers pertaining to dictating wins were still mediocre. He’s a bad defender, not a playmaker or creator for other players, and will probably regress in some small way from his career high TS% this season. I’m not saying he’s not a good player, but he’s certainly not elite and probably not top 20. The Wolves would be paying 60 million dollars per for two players who won’t defend on the perimeter and have never seriously affected winning for their teams(going by advanced stats).
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:47 pm Booker just had a career shooting season. And his advanced numbers pertaining to dictating wins were still mediocre. He’s a bad defender, not a playmaker or creator for other players, and will probably regress in some small way from his career high TS% this season. I’m not saying he’s not a good player, but he’s certainly not elite and probably not top 20. The Wolves would be paying 60 million dollars per for two players who won’t defend on the perimeter and have never seriously affected winning for their teams(going by advanced stats).
So playing with DLO and or KAT in Rosas and Ryan’s system, did that improve on Beasley’s #’s this season from his #’s with Denver this season?

If so, it would likely have the same impact on Booker. More open shots, and he would also have KAT to pass to, I bet his assists may skyrocket.

You never really know until it happens it’s all speculation....plus the combo and relationship between DLO, KAT and Booker offers intangibles that can’t be calculated or accounted for.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.