Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:21 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:37 pm The Wolves weren’t respectable under THIBBS and Butler, they looked like a washed up team that made the playoffs for a mercy killing. There was nothing left in the cupboard for THIBBS to get players to improve that Team, and he had already grounded the bones of his old Bulls players so he had nothing left.

Butler knew THIBBS shot his load just to get him and hated the prospect of ever having to defer to KAT or Wiggins, his ego couldn’t take it.

Everybody owes me a debt of gratitude for the campaign I waged to rid the Team of that cancerous regime.

You Are Welcome. ;)

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
:lol: Third in the west when Butler got hurt a nd Towns dragged s on his back to .......................7th. 3rd in the west is not respectable. :lol: Though I do think this team is so utterly and ridiculously stupid that they would listen to you and dump the only thing that has won here in 15 years.
He also preached at nauseam how this team would be better instantly without Butler and Thibs. That has been almost two years ago and this team has been as bad as ever.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:22 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:37 pm The Wolves weren’t respectable under THIBBS and Butler, they looked like a washed up team that made the playoffs for a mercy killing. There was nothing left in the cupboard for THIBBS to get players to improve that Team, and he had already grounded the bones of his old Bulls players so he had nothing left.

Butler knew THIBBS shot his load just to get him and hated the prospect of ever having to defer to KAT or Wiggins, his ego couldn’t take it.

Everybody owes me a debt of gratitude for the campaign I waged to rid the Team of that cancerous regime.

You Are Welcome. ;)

:lol: Third in the west when Butler got hurt a nd Towns dragged s on his back to .......................7th. 3rd in the west is not respectable. :lol: Though I do think this team is so utterly and ridiculously stupid that they would listen to you and dump the only thing that has won here in 15 years.
He also preached at nauseam how this team would be better instantly without Butler and Thibs. That has been almost two years ago and this team has been as bad as ever.
Two years, but has it even been a whole season of basketball yet? They would have been better had they just played normal basketball with the players they had instead of turning into a three happy team that couldn’t shoot threes. There were probably double digit games where they pissed away wins by not just taking points the other idiot three happy teams were giving them.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:22 am
Two years, but has it even been a whole season of basketball yet? They would have been better had they just played normal basketball with the players they had instead of turning into a three happy team that couldn’t shoot threes. There were probably double digit games where they pissed away wins by not just taking points the other idiot three happy teams were giving them.

And they would have been a title contender if Towns had just bought into playing professional basketball with Thibs and Butler. Wouldna, coulda, shoulda. As in you coulda understood, you shoulda, if only you woulda admitted how biased and wrong you were. And now you are so desperate to back the idiot who you somehow give more credit for his basketball mind than Thibs. Just because you want to erase the memory of the one good team in 15 years we had and how much you were against it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Just for all of those so bizarrely in on trading for Booker I think we've established the price is too high. And imagine if Beasley had a brain and said no way to a S&T to Pho? Then the price is unmeetable. But if he did it still costs us him, both 1sts, and more. Likely Culver and Naz or JMac. Which is hilarious.

But we would be great on offense! All we need is the 2 best defenders and rebounders of all time who never want a shot to play with them. Do you realize just how simple it is to be that good on offense and twice as good on D than that? Still amazes how you think that Booker makes us SOOOO much better on offense. One possession? Sure. Overall though how many balls are we playing with (phrasing) How great a scorer is Booker when not the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option? How does he affect the other 2's scoring? I know how he effects their's and our team's D.

Beasley Gets you 20. He is no great defender but he's better than Booker. He also doesn't need the ball in his hands. He's a spacer, a cutter, and a guy who runs the floor for easy buckets. He's a tough team oriented guy who is desperate to win. And we can just take Obi 1st. Name another way to get the perfect offensive fit at the 4? Freak athlete who CAN DEFEND no matter what the guys here who never watched him say. He is the most efficient scorer possible. He was NCAA player of the year and go look at the shot attempts. Probably have to go back at least 25 years to see lower. Best inside outside game by a mile. That alone. Obi and Beasley is better than Booker. And cheaper. Then instead of having to eliminate our one top defender in Culver. One who can handle and score if you let him play his game. You can add another great defender in a guy like Bey. One who can score and board and is an animal by the way.

Better offensively! So much better defensively it's silly. Just go buy yourself a Wolves jersey that says BeasleyObiBeyCulverNaz on the back you fan boys.
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:48 am Just for all of those so bizarrely in on trading for Booker I think we've established the price is too high. And imagine if Beasley had a brain and said no way to a S&T to Pho? Then the price is unmeetable. But if he did it still costs us him, both 1sts, and more. Likely Culver and Naz or JMac. Which is hilarious.

But we would be great on offense! All we need is the 2 best defenders and rebounders of all time who never want a shot to play with them. Do you realize just how simple it is to be that good on offense and twice as good on D than that? Still amazes how you think that Booker makes us SOOOO much better on offense. One possession? Sure. Overall though how many balls are we playing with (phrasing) How great a scorer is Booker when not the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option? How does he affect the other 2's scoring? I know how he effects their's and our team's D.

Beasley Gets you 20. He is no great defender but he's better than Booker. He also doesn't need the ball in his hands. He's a spacer, a cutter, and a guy who runs the floor for easy buckets. He's a tough team oriented guy who is desperate to win. And we can just take Obi 1st. Name another way to get the perfect offensive fit at the 4? Freak athlete who CAN DEFEND no matter what the guys here who never watched him say. He is the most efficient scorer possible. He was NCAA player of the year and go look at the shot attempts. Probably have to go back at least 25 years to see lower. Best inside outside game by a mile. That alone. Obi and Beasley is better than Booker. And cheaper. Then instead of having to eliminate our one top defender in Culver. One who can handle and score if you let him play his game. You can add another great defender in a guy like Bey. One who can score and board and is an animal by the way.

Better offensively! So much better defensively it's silly. Just go buy yourself a Wolves jersey that says BeasleyObiBeyCulverNaz on the back you fan boys.
Agreed X 1000... although I would prefer OO to Obi, but that's nitpicking. Bottom line is that Booker at his price would not make the Wolves better than Beas, Culver and two solid draft picks from the 2020 class... not in the short term and not in the long term.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Silversword wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:56 am
Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:48 am Just for all of those so bizarrely in on trading for Booker I think we've established the price is too high. And imagine if Beasley had a brain and said no way to a S&T to Pho? Then the price is unmeetable. But if he did it still costs us him, both 1sts, and more. Likely Culver and Naz or JMac. Which is hilarious.

Agreed X 1000... although I would prefer OO to Obi, but that's nitpicking. Bottom line is that Booker at his price would not make the Wolves better than Beas, Culver and two solid draft picks from the 2020 class... not in the short term and not in the long term.
It's not close to being close IMO. Doesn't even take into account the inevitable friction between 3 stat padders when one doesn't get the ball more. And I like OO too but he is way more C than he is a 4 and is nowhere near the fit that Obi is. How do you guard both him and Towns? Both great post moves, both great from 3. How do you get a better pairing when Towns wants a ton of shots and Obi takes what's open? 12.5 attempts a game for the player of the year. Towns the at the rim shot blocker and Obi the roaming weak side shot blocker. Not to mention Obi is another player like Towns and Russell who is wicked in the half court but he can also run the floor like a freakin deer when Russell agin falls down to try to get a call or Towns is bitching at the ref.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 am
jodaman01 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:22 am

And they would have been a title contender if Towns had just bought into playing professional basketball with Thibs and Butler. Wouldna, coulda, shoulda. As in you coulda understood, you shoulda, if only you woulda admitted how biased and wrong you were. And now you are so desperate to back the idiot who you somehow give more credit for his basketball mind than Thibs. Just because you want to erase the memory of the one good team in 15 years we had and how much you were against it.
THIBBS did himself in, everybody hated him by the end of that playoff season. The owner hated him, the players hated him and the fanbase hated him, and his star player he invested all his assets into wanted out and the hell away from him and the other players on the team.

That is failure at the highest level.

As for Rosas he gets the same leash I gave THIBBS, but Rosas gets room because he was left with so little from the red faced gorilla. I have been one of the few critical of Rosas so far, unlike you I didn’t just pull the plug after he didn’t play Bell for a month.

He made a deal at the last deadline, now he gets another draft, FA and a trade deadline to make this work. It’s just how it always works.

Of course if new ownership comes that could change, but I don’t see anybody coming in and throwing everybody out all in one season.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

booker and his suns have looked really good in the bubble - so that's ammo for the booker crowd. but acknowledge also, that as a long range bomber - and that being one of the things we'd expect him to bring to minny - he's sort of sucked at it in the bubble. so far in five games, he's 11 of 36. that's a shade under 31%. and conversely, let's remember that the infinitely cheaper malik beasley shot 43% from three on 8 attempts per game for us.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moot point now. 0 chance they trade him
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:06 pm Moot point now. 0 chance they trade him
just pissing a little on the dying embers.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:13 pm booker and his suns have looked really good in the bubble - so that's ammo for the booker crowd. but acknowledge also, that as a long range bomber - and that being one of the things we'd expect him to bring to minny - he's sort of sucked at it in the bubble. so far in five games, he's 11 of 36. that's a shade under 31%. and conversely, let's remember that the infinitely cheaper malik beasley shot 43% from three on 8 attempts per game for us.
Beasley = can’t facilitate

Booker = Excellent facilitator
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

how many facilitators do you need? how many play alongside booker? rubio, right? so the wolves already have KAT and Dlo "facilitating"- we need a third, i guess? for 30 mil.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm how many facilitators do you need? how many play alongside booker? rubio, right? so the wolves already have KAT and Dlo "facilitating"- we need a third, i guess? for 30 mil.
Jesus, what fantasy league are you playing? I hope you aren't insinuating that chemistry, or team ball are an actual thing.

You just add more stats and win.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm how many facilitators do you need? how many play alongside booker? rubio, right? so the wolves already have KAT and Dlo "facilitating"- we need a third, i guess? for 30 mil.
Jesus, what fantasy league are you playing? I hope you aren't insinuating that chemistry, or team ball are an actual thing.

We certainly could use DLo plus a SG who can facilitate.

Beasley CANNOT facilitate.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:01 pm

and that's okay. not everybody has to. we have the luxury of having one of the few really good passing big men in the league. so our other facilitator is a center, someone else's is an SG - this causes huge problems? i love it that beasley knows what he does and works hard at it - namely move without the ball, get open, hit the shot. and as culver develops his game, i don't think it's a stretch to think he won't have some facilitating about him. he didn't show it much his rookie year, but he's kind of a swiss army knife guy - and that's what SAK guys usually do either sooner or later. finally - what if rosas goes for avdija in the draft (and has the good sense to play him at the 3)? we'd need another facilitator to add to KAT/Dlo/avdija/culver? what if we occasionally go with a jmac/dlo backcourt - which we certainly could. not enough facilitating going on there? some of these reasons to add booker sound like we're painted in a corner with no possible other options. what i worry about is spending all the cashola on booker - and losing a ton of assets and future assets - and then REALLY not having any other options. locked into "it better actually work and no one better get injured" for 3 years.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:13 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 pm

You Are Welcome. ;)

wait. did joda just take credit for thibs and butler leaving minnesota? (gurgling farty noises coming from my ass).
You have no clue to the extent of my powers.....

jodadamus has spoken.

:lol: :clap:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

To all you naysayers...

EVERYONE is underestimating a little thing called CHEMISTRY

Hydrogen needs two Oxygen in order to be a sustaining life source. He already found one O, he needs his 2nd.

Once that happens miracles happen. Don't underestimate the power of chemistry.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

shoteh wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:32 pm To all you naysayers...

Hydrogen needs two Oxygen in order to be a sustaining life source. He already found one O, he needs his 2nd.

The chemistry of these three would be similar to the Golden Girls.

Pass!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Pass!
The Golden Girls lasted seven seasons. Just saying.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:15 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Pass!
The Golden Girls lasted seven seasons. Just saying.
Badum Tssssh
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 pm

and that's okay. not everybody has to. we have the luxury of having one of the few really good passing big men in the league. so our other facilitator is a center, someone else's is an SG - this causes huge problems? i love it that beasley knows what he does and works hard at it - namely move without the ball, get open, hit the shot. and as culver develops his game, i don't think it's a stretch to think he won't have some facilitating about him. he didn't show it much his rookie year, but he's kind of a swiss army knife guy - and that's what SAK guys usually do either sooner or later. finally - what if rosas goes for avdija in the draft (and has the good sense to play him at the 3)? we'd need another facilitator to add to KAT/Dlo/avdija/culver? what if we occasionally go with a jmac/dlo backcourt - which we certainly could. not enough facilitating going on there? some of these reasons to add booker sound like we're painted in a corner with no possible other options. what i worry about is spending all the cashola on booker - and losing a ton of assets and future assets - and then REALLY not having any other options. locked into "it better actually work and no one better get injured" for 3 years.
KAT isn’t a facilitator yet. He does some facilitating, but < 5 assists a game isn’t a facilitator.

We need more facilitating from our big 3 (DLo, KAT and Beas).
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:44 am

KAT isn’t a facilitator yet. He does some facilitating, but < 5 assists a game isn’t a facilitator.

i think you're chasing some odd definition. because of injury, KAT didn't accrue enough assists to qualify - but his 4.4 apg would have put him tied for 44th in the league. how many players in the league again - roughly 450? and KAT's in the top tenth of that in assists, but he doesn't really facilitate? devin booker, apparently an elite facilitator, ranks 20th with 6.5 apg - but KAT's 4.4 doesn't qualify for anything? you look at the great facilitating centers in the league - jokic, bam, sabonis - only jokic separates himself at 7.0 apg. both bam and sabonis are right around 5 apg. KAT is one of the top 4 "facilitating" centers in the league.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:32 am

i think you're chasing some odd definition. because of injury, KAT didn't accrue enough assists to qualify - but his 4.4 apg would have put him tied for 44th in the league. how many players in the league again - roughly 450? and KAT's in the top tenth of that in assists, but he doesn't really facilitate? devin booker, apparently an elite facilitator, ranks 20th with 6.5 apg - but KAT's 4.4 doesn't qualify for anything? you look at the great facilitating centers in the league - jokic, bam, sabonis - only jokic separates himself at 7.0 apg. both bam and sabonis are right around 5 apg. KAT is one of the top 4 "facilitating" centers in the league.
Facilitator isn’t defined by position.

You’re either a facilitator or you’re not.

KAT is a fine passer but he’s not passing enough to be called a facilitator. Plus, I value Booker’s ball handling, shot creation threat, and higher assist volume at SG all more than KAT’s at C.

Are you saying KAT is as good of a facilitator as Booker?

I would hope not. Booker is a much better facilitator than KAT and at a position that is much more important on offense than KAT.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 am

KAT is a fine passer but he’s not passing enough to be called a facilitator. Plus, I value Booker’s ball handling, shot creation threat, and higher assist volume at SG all more than KAT’s at C.

I would hope not. Booker is a much better facilitator than KAT and at a position that is much more important on offense than KAT.
There is one ball. And all 3 of those guys are full on Iverson assist guys. It is not facilitating when you dribble for 20 seconds and when you can't get a shot off you pitch it to a guy with 4 seconds left.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you're waffling. by virtue of 2.1 more assists per game, you have labeled devin booker an "excellent facilitator" and KAT a non-facilitator. and i don't get it. by having the ball in his hands at the beginning of most plays, booker had better have more assists than KAT - that the difference is only 2.1 per game doesn't exactly blow me out of the water. KAT is one of the better facilitating bigs in the league. there are about 5 of them - jokic, sabonis, bam, KAT and nurkic. that's one of the bonuses they bring to their game - and it's definitely a bonus to have a big who isn't a black hole. and that KAT might have a reasonably priced 40s% from deep wing option to kick the ball out to might actually cause his assists total to go up too.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 am Thrillkill, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Thrillkill is currently on your I'll never learn from anyone (everyone) smarter than me list.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:05 am

you're waffling. by virtue of 2.1 more assists per game, you have labeled devin booker an "excellent facilitator" and KAT a non-facilitator. and i don't get it. by having the ball in his hands at the beginning of most plays, booker had better have more assists than KAT - that the difference is only 2.1 per game doesn't exactly blow me out of the water. KAT is one of the better facilitating bigs in the league. there are about 5 of them - jokic, sabonis, bam, KAT and nurkic. that's one of the bonuses they bring to their game - and it's definitely a bonus to have a big who isn't a black hole. and that KAT might have a reasonably priced 40s% from deep wing option to kick the ball out to might actually cause his assists total to go up too.
You’re looking at a raw box score for assists, basically.

I’m saying facilitating goes deeper than that.

Let’s put it this way:

If given the choice I take Booker over KAT, period.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

:beer:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Booker has and will always cost too much...the cost for his upgrade makes no sense, and I don't want to pay an unproven trio 100 million with gutting our assets. Let him cook in Arizona...resign Beas and Juancho, take BPA...preferably Okongwu, and then a shooting swing or offensive bench spark with Brooklyns pick. We can still move JJ for depth if we attach something alright with him. Either way, we have "stars ", we would have depth, and our cap wouldn't be totally fucked. We'd resemble a respectable NBA franchise not swinging for Booker.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

So is Booker still unhappy?

I do wonder if he drags them to a 7-0 record, and then misses the playoffs, how that will affect him.