Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

SHAFA

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by SHAFA »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:12 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:15 pm Booker sucks... we have Beasley! :lol: :lol:
People who compared the two based on a strict statistical basis completely miss the impact each player has on a team and the gameplan other teams have to come up with against the two players.

It’s embarrassingly short sighted and shows a questionable understanding of the big picture when it comes to the game. My feelings are that a few here arguing the case above pro Beasley are doing so with willful ignorance. They know better.

***fun talker, but the Suns aren’t trading Booker and no Beasley is not in the league of Booker. I like Beasley and am a true Wolves fan, but I just can’t pretend.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
I don’t think there’s a single person here arguing Beasley’s better than Booker. We’re arguing that Booker alone isn’t better than the sum of all of the pieces that have been suggested here.

Talk about willful ignorance.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:12 pm

People who compared the two based on a strict statistical basis completely miss the impact each player has on a team and the gameplan other teams have to come up with against the two players.

It’s embarrassingly short sighted and shows a questionable understanding of the big picture when it comes to the game. My feelings are that a few here arguing the case above pro Beasley are doing so with willful ignorance. They know better.

***fun talker, but the Suns aren’t trading Booker and no Beasley is not in the league of Booker. I like Beasley and am a true Wolves fan, but I just can’t pretend.

I don’t think there’s a single person here arguing Beasley’s better than Booker. We’re arguing that Booker alone isn’t better than the sum of all of the pieces that have been suggested here.

The problem is you have Booker and Beasley who are the only two known quantities (Booker more so than Beasley). After that you have draft picks in this shitty draft. Not one player in the top is earmarked as a Zion or Morant......pick 16 could be as good as the top pick.

With the Wolves known history in the draft, I will confidently say it is willful ignorance to believe the sum of those Wolves pieces will add to more than a team assembled around DLO, KAT and Booker.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 pm

The problem is you have Booker and Beasley who are the only two known quantities (Booker more so than Beasley). After that you have draft picks in this shitty draft. Not one player in the top is earmarked as a Zion or Morant......pick 16 could be as good as the top pick.

With the Wolves known history in the draft, I will confidently say it is willful ignorance to believe the sum of those Wolves pieces will add to more than a team assembled around DLO, KAT and Booker.

perhaps the biggest fantasy of this booker scenario is the "three amigos" bullshit. we'd see how long that would last. one of them would be the third wheel - and there ain't a chris bosh in the bunch. kaboom. i'd give it less than a year before the fractures start to show.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 pm

a

perhaps the biggest fantasy of this booker scenario is the "three amigos" bullshit. we'd see how long that would last. one of them would be the third wheel - and there ain't a chris bosh in the bunch. kaboom. i'd give it less than a year before the fractures start to show.
This. These kids are softer than baby shit.

Carl would DM Bookers old lady during a Fortnite match and DLo would snitch him out.

This group is closer to the Jackson 5 than the next "Big 3" :lol:
Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 pm

You know DLO and KAT are going to be expected to be the primary players in the offense, what’s to say Beasley is good with that and forced into a lesser role. He plays with fire, how is that going to carry over when he’s not getting his touches or shots...or pisses off the other two “Amigos” by taking to many shots.

It’s all a gamble.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

because beasley isn't a "star" - he's a good scorer who's been given a nice chance for some regular PT - and responded in great fashion. you're not really comparing beasley's expectations for star treatment with those of KAT, dlo and booker, are you? i don't imagine beas is fielding any calls from SLAM for their next cover - and i don't imagine he expects that either.

so don't play dumb. you know exactly what i'm talking about. Dlo, KAT and booker all consider themselves nba "stars". we get all three together - and in most cases like this - it becomes pretty quickly apparent who the TWO stars are and who the odd man out is. and i don't think any of those three have the strength of character to handle that.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

It’s a shitty gamble. You’ve already got the duo you’ve been clamoring for, but also a weak bench and no cap space.

Give Beasley an opportunity to gauge the fit between Russell and KAT. He still hasn’t had that opportunity, yet people are ready to shuffle him off to Phoenix? Come on.

Give him a fucking chance and use the picks to solidify areas of weakness. Arguments about whom they are has already been thoroughly debated, so I’m not going there, but there certainly are options.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 pm

It’s a shitty gamble. You’ve already got the duo you’ve been clamoring for, but also a weak bench and no cap space.

Give Beasley an opportunity to gauge the fit between Russell and KAT. He still hasn’t had that opportunity, yet people are ready to shuffle him off to Phoenix? Come on.

Give him a fucking chance and use the picks to solidify areas of weakness. Arguments about whom they are has already been thoroughly debated, so I’m not going there, but there certainly are options.
This.

I fully believe the Wolves can find a player with a top 5 pick in this draft that is just as good as Booker if Rosas identifies.

I think it's all moot though as I don't see Phoenix trading Booker this year and I think this is likely the only chance we can get him. I think the Booker dream is completely dead if not done this coming season.

Unless the Wolves suck again this upcoming season and end up in the lottery again. At that point, there is going to be a lot more problems than adding Booker.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Booker with another game winner last night.

The guy is straight clutch.

Trade Beasley + for him ASAP.

I would try to hold onto our first draft pick, but if you can’t, maybe we trade a player + 15/16 to move up to land Okoro.

DLo
Booker
Layman
Okoro
KAT

That’s a lineup that can win a shit ton of games.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:40 am Booker with another game winner last night.

I would try to hold onto our first draft pick, but if you can’t, maybe we trade a player + 15/16 to move up to land Okoro.

DLo
Booker
Layman
Okoro
KAT

thinktank for Wolves GM 2020!!

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 am
thinktank wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:40 am Booker with another game winner last night.

DLo
Booker
Layman
Okoro
KAT

ain't happening. i would bet okoro goes top 8. maybe you could do that to get high enough (12?) to get achiuwa, but not okoro.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am

DLo
Booker
Layman
Okoro
KAT

ain't happening. i would bet okoro goes top 8. maybe you could do that to get high enough (12?) to get achiuwa, but not okoro.
Then take Okoro outright or trade back for him. Use Beasley, 15/16, plus assets to get Booker. Ply, ply, ply him out of PHO!
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

thinktank wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Then take Okoro outright or trade back for him. Use Beasley, 15/16, plus assets to get Booker. Ply, ply, ply him out of PHO!
You're not getting Booker without giving up the top pick. That's just not realistic.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

latest BR mock has okoro all the way up to 6th.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:25 pm

You're not getting Booker without giving up the top pick. That's just not realistic.
Then do it.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

thinktank wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Then do it.
I don't think Rosas would hesitate to do it. I just don't think Phoenix is trading Booker though.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:17 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Then do it.
I don't think Rosas would hesitate to do it. I just don't think Phoenix is trading Booker though.
Have to try.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

No way he wants out now!
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
shangrila

Post by shangrila »

I don't see a realistic way to pull off a Booker trade right now.

Mid-season or after? Maybe, if the dominoes fall right. Financially it would be easier to swing a deal if Culver plays to his potential, for example, or Beasley has his deal in place. For now there's too much crap up in the air.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

It will be very interesting what Rosas does. We are "win now" mode without being very good. We do NOT want to give GSW a good pick next year so the pressure is on.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

If we get booker, you turn your focus 100% to 3 and D guys. If you cant get them, just focus on defense and the 3 amigos can score the points.
Spoiler:
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

TrueBlue wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 pm If we get booker, you turn your focus 100% to 3 and D guys. If you cant get them, just focus on defense and the 3 amigos can score the points.
3 and D? When would there be an opportunity for another guys to get up a 3 with those guys? What you would need is Akeem and Rodman.

Pho may be one of the other 2-3 teams that is as historically poorly run as us but they are not trading their young scorer when he just signed a max deal. Still not sure why it is a thing here. Want a trade target you all should find one on one of those stupid teams that we have a reason to trade for better than he's Towns friend. How about he can get a rebound? How about he can defend? How about he's tough and all about winning? Those other idiot teams probably don't value them either.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:47 am
Quit giving Green a platform to be the freaking idiot he is. He is going to stay in Phoenix, the Suns aren’t letting him go and the guy is becoming a superstar. People here who cry about the misfortune of somehow getting him here to play along side DLO and KAT, look more clueless as every game passes and Booker shines.

It was a nice dream.

We have Beasley to go with KAT and DLO, hey that’s perfect though.... :roll: Now we have all kinds of money to build around them three with ultra great defensive players with you know Rosas will draft and find in FA. :roll:

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:55 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:47 am
Quit giving Green a platform to be the freaking idiot he is. He is going to stay in Phoenix, the Suns aren’t letting him go and the guy is becoming a superstar. People here who cry about the misfortune of somehow getting him here to play along side DLO and KAT, look more clueless as every game passes and Booker shines.

It was a nice dream.

We have Beasley to go with KAT and DLO, hey that’s perfect though.... :roll: Now we have all kinds of money to build around them three with ultra great defensive players with you know Rosas will draft and find in FA. :roll:

:lol: As clueless as someone who absolutely hated the only guys who dragged this team to respectability in 15 years? And then celebrated their departure?

I guess you can give me shit when Pho and the Wolves make the playoffs next year. Because we are way better off with the stupid winners gone and Pho is just great now right?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

The Wolves weren’t respectable under THIBBS and Butler, they looked like a washed up team that made the playoffs for a mercy killing. There was nothing left in the cupboard for THIBBS to get players to improve that Team, and he had already grounded the bones of his old Bulls players so he had nothing left.

Butler knew THIBBS shot his load just to get him and hated the prospect of ever having to defer to KAT or Wiggins, his ego couldn’t take it.

Everybody owes me a debt of gratitude for the campaign I waged to rid the Team of that cancerous regime.

You Are Welcome. ;)

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:37 pm The Wolves weren’t respectable under THIBBS and Butler, they looked like a washed up team that made the playoffs for a mercy killing. There was nothing left in the cupboard for THIBBS to get players to improve that Team, and he had already grounded the bones of his old Bulls players so he had nothing left.

Butler knew THIBBS shot his load just to get him and hated the prospect of ever having to defer to KAT or Wiggins, his ego couldn’t take it.

Everybody owes me a debt of gratitude for the campaign I waged to rid the Team of that cancerous regime.

You Are Welcome. ;)

wait. did joda just take credit for thibs and butler leaving minnesota? (gurgling farty noises coming from my ass).
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:37 pm The Wolves weren’t respectable under THIBBS and Butler, they looked like a washed up team that made the playoffs for a mercy killing. There was nothing left in the cupboard for THIBBS to get players to improve that Team, and he had already grounded the bones of his old Bulls players so he had nothing left.

You Are Welcome. ;)

wait. did joda just take credit for thibs and butler leaving minnesota? (gurgling farty noises coming from my ass).
You have no clue to the extent of my powers.....

jodadamus has spoken.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

You Are Welcome. ;)

:lol: Third in the west when Butler got hurt a nd Towns dragged s on his back to .......................7th. 3rd in the west is not respectable. :lol: Though I do think this team is so utterly and ridiculously stupid that they would listen to you and dump the only thing that has won here in 15 years.