Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

bubu dubu.

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by bubu dubu. »

norseman79 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:15 pm Humor me, is Russell and Booker a top 5 backcourt in the NBA? If not, who are the top 5...I said backcourt...Is Towns a top 5 big man in the league?
Am I overlooking deficiencies? Perhaps, but I will wait to see who people rank higher than a Booker Russell backcourt before I point it out.
So, if we could get a top five backcourt with a top 5 big man,and not make playoffs, omitting injuries, I would say a new coach would be found quickly. Maybe even one Currently on staff.
no order, just some of the better backcourts I can think of

Lillard/McCollum
Steph/Klay
Bledsoe/Middleton
Westbrook/Harden
Walker/Brown
Paul/Shai
Luca/Seth
Simmons/Richardson
Dragic/Butler
Lowry/VanVleet
Beal/Wall
Kyrie/Caris
Conley/Mitchell
Ball/Jrue
Brogdon/Oladipo
Fox/Hield

DLO and Booker would belong somewhere in there, but theres not too much separation between some of these backcourts, other than the clear elite ones like GSW, Portland, Houston, Dallas (maybe not really a duo, but whether its Hardaway or Seth next to Luca, I still take it)...then after them, its kind of a matter of opinion, but I'd take Philly, Utah (even though Conley has been kind of ass in Utah, the potential of that backcourt is huge), Washington (when healthy), and Boston...probably Milwaukee too.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:48 pm
norseman79 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:15 pm Humor me, is Russell and Booker a top 5 backcourt in the NBA? If not, who are the top 5...I said backcourt...Is Towns a top 5 big man in the league?
Am I overlooking deficiencies? Perhaps, but I will wait to see who people rank higher than a Booker Russell backcourt before I point it out.
So, if we could get a top five backcourt with a top 5 big man,and not make playoffs, omitting injuries, I would say a new coach would be found quickly. Maybe even one Currently on staff.

Lillard/McCollum
Steph/Klay
Bledsoe/Middleton
Westbrook/Harden
Walker/Brown
Paul/Shai
Luca/Seth
Simmons/Richardson
Dragic/Butler
Lowry/VanVleet
Beal/Wall
Kyrie/Caris
Conley/Mitchell
Ball/Jrue
Brogdon/Oladipo
Fox/Hield

DLO and Booker would belong somewhere in there, but theres not too much separation between some of these backcourts, other than the clear elite ones like GSW, Portland, Houston, Dallas (maybe not really a duo, but whether its Hardaway or Seth next to Luca, I still take it)...then after them, its kind of a matter of opinion, but I'd take Philly, Utah (even though Conley has been kind of ass in Utah, the potential of that backcourt is huge), Washington (when healthy), and Boston...probably Milwaukee too.
a booker/dlo backcourt doesn't pop for me when i see that list of backcourts. they're just another backcourt in the bunch.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:18 pm

Lillard/McCollum
Steph/Klay
Bledsoe/Middleton
Westbrook/Harden
Walker/Brown
Paul/Shai
Luca/Seth
Simmons/Richardson
Dragic/Butler
Lowry/VanVleet
Beal/Wall
Kyrie/Caris
Conley/Mitchell
Ball/Jrue
Brogdon/Oladipo
Fox/Hield

a booker/dlo backcourt doesn't pop for me when i see that list of backcourts. they're just another backcourt in the bunch.
Yeah, thats kind of what I think too, even though I would be on board with bringing Booker in.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Another thing regarding Booker, is that so many fans around the league regard him as a shooter...his 35.5% career 3 pointer leaves something to be desired in that department.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:37 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm No, a Dlo, booker backcourt isn't top 5.
Who are the top 5 backcourts atm?

Curry Klay
Geez I can't even picture other teams anymore... probably whatever the Lakers have? Clippers aren't a backcourt but a really good tandem. I have forgotten half the players in the league!
Edit: Bubu covered 'em all. I forgot to read before I spewed.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:55 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:37 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:47 pm No, a Dlo, booker backcourt isn't top 5.
Who are the top 5 backcourts atm?

Curry Klay
Geez I can't even picture other teams anymore... probably whatever the Lakers have? Clippers aren't a backcourt but a really good tandem. I have forgotten half the players in the league!
Edit: Bubu covered 'em all. I forgot to read before I spewed.
Yeah Bubu did a great job there. :thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:29 pm Another thing regarding Booker, is that so many fans around the league regard him as a shooter...his 35.5% career 3 pointer leaves something to be desired in that department.
especially considering beasley just came in and had the second best stretch of 3pt shooting in team history. and whose career average is 38.8% compared to booker's 35.5%. plus higher volume - beasley's attempts per 36 are around 9 - as compared to booker's 5 something. beasley is the better deep baller.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:26 pm

Lillard/McCollum
Steph/Klay
Bledsoe/Middleton
Westbrook/Harden
Walker/Brown
Paul/Shai
Luca/Seth
Simmons/Richardson
Dragic/Butler
Lowry/VanVleet
Beal/Wall
Kyrie/Caris
Conley/Mitchell
Ball/Jrue
Brogdon/Oladipo
Fox/Hield

Yeah, thats kind of what I think too, even though I would be on board with bringing Booker in.
The funny thing here is DLO/Booker would be on the list, I notice DLO/Beasley are not.

The shortchange by some here on Booker is just foolish.

In my opinion the weakest link in the DLO/KAT/Booker trio is DLO. He has so much to prove and improve on here that it makes ranking him among current PG’s almost impossible.

I am rooting for him because there are things he can do at times as far as be a deadly and timely scorer that I haven’t seen since Marbury. Different styles, but both unfazed by “the moment”.

Can DLO deliver on his promising skills and also expand his game to make the team as a whole better. He sees KAT and Booker as equals on the court, which means he wants to play with them and will likely more easily help them try to shine. I get people will say “that’s dumb, he’s a pro and that stuff shouldn’t matter”, well that’s BS because it does make a difference. Jimmy Butler should be all the example here that anyone needs. He clearly rated himself above KAT and Wiggins and instead of teaming with them on the court he basically competed against them and destroyed the team.

The idea of DLO and KAT forming a dynamic duo at the expense of Beasley wouldn’t shock me. They may do it on purpose if they don’t believe in or connect with Beasley in order to expedite a move. Look how KAT was acting and the position the team was in prior to that deadline deal for DLO, that team was at the edge of a cliff and I believe KAT was forcing Rosas’s hand.

We will have to wait for next season to watch how these three play together, but if things don’t go well, I have got a feeling right now who the first one thrown under the bus is.....hint....not DLO or KAT.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 am

The funny thing here is DLO/Booker would be on the list, I notice DLO/Beasley are not.

In my opinion the weakest link in the DLO/KAT/Booker trio is DLO. He has so to prove and improve on here that it makes ranking him among current PG’s almost impossible.

I am rooting for him because there are things he can do at times as far as be a deadly and timely scorer that I haven’t seen since Marbury. Different styles, by both unfazed by “the moment”.

Can DLO deliver on his promising skills and also expand his game to make the team as a whole better. He sees KAT and Booker as equals on the court, which means he wants to play with them and will likely more easily help them try to shine. I get people will say “that’s dumb, he’s a pro and that stuff shouldn’t matter”, well that’s BS because it does make a difference. Jimmy Butler should be all the example here that anyone needs. He clearly rated himself above KAT and Wiggins and instead of teaming with them on the court he basically competed against them and destroyed the team.

The idea of DLO and KAT forming a dynamic duo at the expense of Beasley wouldn’t shock me. They may do it on purpose if they don’t believe in or connect with Beasley in order to expedite a move. Look how KAT was acting and the position the team was in prior to that deadline deal for DLO, that team was at the edge of a cliff and I believe KAT was forcing Rosas’s hand.

We will have to wait for next season to watch how these three play together, but if things don’t go well, I have got a feeling right now who the first one thrown under the bus is.....hint....not DLO or KAT.

I agree on DLO. That's another reason this trade would be dumb. Is the guy even good? He looked like a complete bust and had one good year.

The reason you can't be down on trying DLO is we gave up Wiggins for him and I don't think we could have asked for better.

You are giving up good assets for Booker and not a guy you previously thought you may have to attach draft picks to for someone to take off your hands.

Completely different scenarios.

I'll bet these 3 pussies are not friends anymore after their Wolves "Experience"

Edit: Fortnite may keep these guy's bond strong.
Last edited by RubeTube on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

And if we get Booker and Sanders is HC this coming year, I'll bet any froob here this team misses the playoffs.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

No the latest Booker news is..

"Kendall Jenner and Booker romance heating up"

Fuck. Stay away!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 am

In my opinion the weakest link in the DLO/KAT/Booker trio is DLO. He has so much to prove and improve on here that it makes ranking him among current PG’s almost impossible.

I am rooting for him because there are things he can do at times as far as be a deadly and timely scorer that I haven’t seen since Marbury. Different styles, but both unfazed by “the moment”.

um, the reason Dlo/beasley wasn't on the list is because he was making a list of other teams backcourts. of course, a Dlo/beasley backcourt would be included on any list like this. the two as wolves combined for 42.4 ppg / 9.7 rpg / 8.5 apg / 2.0 spg. why is it so difficult to acknowledge how well beasley did for us - and how well he and Dlo worked together?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:40 am No the latest Booker news is..

"Kendall Jenner and Booker romance heating up"

Fuck. Stay away!
C’mon, if there is a Kardashian/Jenner to “romance”, that’s the one.

She’s the only one that doesn’t look like a sex doll that’s been pumped up by a plastic surgeon.

Basketball players just can’t stay away from them Kardashian/Jenner’s.

norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

Yeah, see, I see that list and I could maybe think that there are 5, maybe ahead of them.

Steph and Klay
Russ and harden
Maybe Lillard and McCollum
Maybe Walker and Brown
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

norseman79 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:09 am Yeah, see, I see that list and I could maybe think that there are 5, maybe ahead of them.

Steph and Klay
Russ and harden
Maybe Walker and Brown
MAYBE lillard and mccollum?!?! mccollum and dlo are a wash - and lillard is three times the player booker is.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:11 pm
norseman79 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:09 am Yeah, see, I see that list and I could maybe think that there are 5, maybe ahead of them.

Steph and Klay
Russ and harden
Maybe Walker and Brown
MAYBE lillard and mccollum?!?! mccollum and dlo are a wash - and lillard is three times the player booker is.
Booker is better than McCollum, it’s DLO that needs to prove he is the equal or better than McCollum. Lillard is ridiculous, but his style is not what I would wish for the team I root for. I want a PG that makes the other players more effective, Lillard does what he does and it doesn’t matter who is on the floor with him.

Also just declaring this an argument on backcourt is only half of what was originally argued. DLO and Booker would be on the list, then the other portion was how many of the teams also have a player like KAT in the frontcourt to go with them.

Factor the three together and then you see the potential.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you're missing my point. i'm talking talent level. IMO dlo and mccollum are about a wash talentwise. whereas booker gets absolutely blown out of the water by lillard. equation thus reads: lillard/mccollum > booker/dlo.

and yes, absolutely, certainly - we're adding KAT to this mix. and that's the huge problem. an all O no D center teamed with two all O no D guards. dlo/booker/gobert is a much stronger core than dlo/booker/KAT. is KAT better than gobert? yeah, probably because of his offensive game. but gobert is absolutely the stronger pairing with dlo and booker. why is this so hard? the game is played on both ends of the floor.
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:31 pm you're missing my point. i'm talking talent level. IMO dlo and mccollum are about a wash talentwise. whereas booker gets absolutely blown out of the water by lillard. equation thus reads: lillard/mccollum > booker/dlo.

and yes, absolutely, certainly - we're adding KAT to this mix. and that's the huge problem. an all O no D center teamed with two all O no D guards. dlo/booker/gobert is a much stronger core than dlo/booker/KAT. is KAT better than gobert? yeah, probably because of his offensive game. but gobert is absolutely the stronger pairing with dlo and booker. why is this so hard? the game is played on both ends of the floor.
I have a ton of respect for Lillard. However, you are way over looking Booker. He is ranked as a top 5 SG on many sites at only 23 years of age. Booker would be even better next to a PG like Russell. Speaking of Russell, his game elevates a ton when paired with the right SG as well. Look at Brooklyn with Spencer D or Levert, and neither of those two could tie Booker's shoes.
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:31 pm you're missing my point. i'm talking talent level. IMO dlo and mccollum are about a wash talentwise. whereas booker gets absolutely blown out of the water by lillard. equation thus reads: lillard/mccollum > booker/dlo.

I have a ton of respect for Lillard. However, you are way over looking Booker. He is ranked as a top 5 SG on many sites at only 23 years of age. Booker would be even better next to a PG like Russell. Speaking of Russell, his game elevates a ton when paired with the right SG as well. Look at Brooklyn with Spencer D or Levert, and neither of those two could tie Booker's shoes.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

This gets overlooked about Booker. He hasn't had much around him in terms of talent and stability, yet he keeps getting better. Who is honestly the best overall player Booker has played with?

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

yes, but he's also had the opportunity to put up some pretty heady number precisely because he's been the main guy. dlo put up some really nice numbers in GS - when everyone was injured. and in brooklyn - on a pretty mundane team when he was there. KAT's put up some really nice numbers as the main guy on a crappy team.

true, none of them have folded exactly. but would these three have the press panache they have if they had spent their careers being working components of great teams - with scoring averages in the teens rather than the mid 20s? none of these three have carried their teams to any kind of greatness - or even relevance. let's stop bowing at the altars.

and honestly, at some point the "crappy teammates" thing doesn't hold water. max players should be able to lift their teams to more wins than these three have. KAT's NBA record - 151-205. Dlo's NBA record - 107-210. Booker's NBA record - 101-233. that's a lifetime combined win-loss record of 359-648 for three players you want to strap $90M a year to for the foreseeable future. i don't get the logic.

and i think the reason they haven't lifted their teams more is precisely because none of them play defense. all of the top players in the league - freak, AD, lebron, kawhi, durant, steph, lillard - now and in the past - are or have been decent to great two way players. the only exceptions i can think of right now are doncic - who i think makes up for it in so many other ways plus is smart enough that i think he'll eventually become a good defender - and harden - who is surrounded by the likes of pj tucker, capela, westbrook, etc - and even then, houston doesn't win anything significant. if you want to lead your team to greatness, you HAVE to be a two way player. i see none of that in ANY of the three guys people are so absurdly crazy about wanting to spend $90M year on.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 pm for three players you want to strap $90M a year to for the foreseeable future. i don't get the logic.
That’s where I am. It seems the drivers of a trade, at least around these parts, center on Beasley and our pick. I’d much prefer keeping Beasley on a cheaper deal and adding talent and depth wherever we land in the draft.

Beasley, and someone like Okongwu next to Towns, excites a lot more than shedding a number of assets for a third max deal.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:51 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 pm for three players you want to strap $90M a year to for the foreseeable future. i don't get the logic.
That’s where I am. It seems the drivers of a trade, at least around these parts, center on Beasley and our pick. I’d much prefer keeping Beasley on a cheaper deal and adding talent and depth wherever we land in the draft.

Beasley, and someone like Okongwu next to Towns, excites a lot more than shedding a number of assets for a third max deal.
yup.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:56 pm

yup.
The guy built the Rockets.

If Booker becomes available, he is going to chase him with everything he’s got.

Rosas knows the three are friends and it’s clear why he focused on DLO, because he knows it made the Wolves potentially attractive to Booker because of KAT and DLO are together here.

It’s the reality guys, just prepare yourselves if Booker becomes available.

Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

agree
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I still don't see a scenario where Booker demands a trade this offseason (with 4 years left on his deal) and Phoenix agrees to shop/trade him. At the earliest it's next trade deadline or summer 2021... and at that point Russell is down to two years left on his deal anyways. I don't see any problem with just seeing what could happen if you put all three on the same team and try to surround them with the right defensive minded pieces.

And the people who say resign Beasley and add other pieces.. with what money? You'd be capped out anyways... get the best possible talent... I'm fine keeping Beasley for now but I don't see him as a 15 mil a year player or anything like that. On a contending team he's a nice sixth or seventh man.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:25 am I still don't see a scenario where Booker demands a trade this offseason (with 4 years left on his deal) and Phoenix agrees to shop/trade him. At the earliest it's next trade deadline or summer 2021... and at that point Russell is down to two years left on his deal anyways. I don't see any problem with just seeing what could happen if you put all three on the same team and try to surround them with the right defensive minded pieces.

And the people who say resign Beasley and add other pieces.. with what money? You'd be capped out anyways... get the best possible talent... I'm fine keeping Beasley for now but I don't see him as a 15 mil a year player or anything like that. On a contending team he's a nice sixth or seventh man.
This.

I don't see another chance they have to land him either.

They won't have any assets and if the guy they pick this year ends up good, they probably are not going to trade him and if he sucks, Phoenix probably won't want him.

I believe if said player suits up for us, this deal never goes through.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Wiseman+Winston=Years of basketball nirvana.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

working to build a core of KAT/dlo/booker makes about as much sense as building a team with alex english/amare stoudamire/george gervin as your core. it goes nowhere. (only that's a superior three to what we'd be looking at.)
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 am working to build a core of KAT/dlo/booker makes about as much sense as building a team with alex english/amare stoudamire/george gervin as your core. it goes nowhere. (only that's a superior three to what we'd be looking at.)
Nowhere? I don't believe that... catch a right break or two and it could go somewhere special. They are best friends... and all want to win.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.