Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Booker Unhappy with Suns

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Would you trade Wolves top 3 pick, Beasley, and Culver for Booker?

Yes, do it and form our big 3
63%
No, we still can’t play defense
37%

Total votes: 41

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Booker Unhappy with Suns

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:36 pm booker might demand a trade to minnesota just for his health. jesus, arizona - get a grip on it.
This something reported?
COVID-19 is roaring in Arizona. Positive test rate very high.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

We are having something like 270 cases a day for the last week in Victoria and are in total lockdown. How is Minnesota doing?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:32 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 am

We cannot trade Beasley for quite some time, if we are to trade for Booker in the near future the deal will not include him. Nothing comical.
I thought it was comical because those pieces aren't going to be missed (other than as fan favourites). Can we not do sign and trade anymore?
Cannot combine players in S&T, so that is impractical from a Booker standpoint.
Ah, but this may still be plausible due to the rearrangement of the season starting around Christmas next year?

Getting away with trading for Booker without giving up Beasley seems absurd. Having Beasley as either our starting SG next to Booker at SF (or vice versa) or as our 6th man is ludicrous. This is assuming we are able to resign him should Booker come here.

We'd actually become a desirable destination for many decent players. Could even do a S&T with Beasley later.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 pm We are having something like 270 cases a day for the last week in Victoria and are in total lockdown. How is Minnesota doing?
arizona is reporting about 3000 new cases per day. that compares to about 715 new cases in minnesota on sunday.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 pm We are having something like 270 cases a day for the last week in Victoria and are in total lockdown. How is Minnesota doing?
arizona is reporting about 3000 new cases per day. that compares to about 715 new cases in minnesota on sunday.
:?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:35 pm
yeah, exactly. now is not the time to take that long planned trip stateside.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:35 pm

yeah, exactly. now is not the time to take that long planned trip stateside.
My old man was planning to move down there in September. It's probably not the best idea at this point.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:57 pm
Style wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm 100% in this boat. I like Beasley, Okogie and Culver might be decent role players for awhile... Booker and Russell would be hard to stop on the perimeter... great shooters, can beat nearly anyone one on one... then add KAT to that mix.... unstoppable offensively. Defense you need to get two tough forwards who can make open shots. PJ Tucker/Roco would be nice!
Same. If you can get Booker, you do it.
Geez, I say what flex says and I get railed on. I guess timing is everything.
Well thrillkill hates KAT and doesn't probably care much for his buddies since they aren't great defenders.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

As of 9:30 on 7/14 the count is:

1. Yes to Booker: 16
2. No to Booker: 10

Call it, it’s official.

Rosas will acquire Booker, the Wolves are good again.

LET’S GO!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:36 pm As of 9:30 on 7/14 the count is:

Call it, it’s official.

LET’S GO!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍
:lol:

Rosas get's all his info here.

Remember when David Kahn used to come post on the KFAN board? :lol:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 pm

Call it, it’s official.

LET’S GO!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍

:lol: :lol:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Drafting Clarke last year would have made me happier right now than getting Booker.

Rosas shit himself in his first draft. It looked genius right before the draft and then he ended up with Butter Burger.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:56 am Drafting Clarke last year would have made me happier right now than getting Booker.

Rosas shit himself in his first draft. It looked genius right before the draft and then he ended up with Butter Burger.
It’s unbelievable that he did better with players that weren’t drafted then he did with his shit sandwich top pick. :roll:

Anyway, he can’t get Clarke now, water under the bridge. If Rosas can get Booker, it’s a slam dunk decision. You park him next to DLO and KAT and let the new era of Wolves Basketball begin.

witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 pm Rosas get's all his info here.

Wolves Rube Chat was a smarter basketball than David Kahn.

Maybe his Wolves job mighta lasted longer if he'd have taken some of the advise here.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Maybe his Wolves job mighta lasted longer if he'd have taken some of the advise here.
Four steps ahead of everyone else.

How does a person piss off woj that much that he goes out of his way to rip the team, considering he is rather unbiased and purely reports trades and info.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:25 pm
witljon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Four steps ahead of everyone else.

How does a person piss off woj that much that he goes out of his way to rip the team, considering he is rather unbiased and purely reports trades and info.
I think Woj recently showed his true colors. I would bet it would be VERY easy to piss him off or offend him.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:43 pm

Call it, it’s official.

LET’S GO!!

GO WOLVES!! 👍

Stole his Malik Beasley idea from me when I drafted him last year in the Froob Draft! I'm convinced. Get your shit together, Rosas.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

So many elite basketball minds here that we are so far beyond being a GM for an NBA team that we have come full circle. We're like we are gonna watch you dullards take a crack at it and rip you from the shadows.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Plus if I was POBO for the Wolves I'd likely be in prison by now for either murdering Glen Taylor or attempting to murder him. I'm not smart enough not to get caught.

Probably hide Glen's body in Hubert's or some dumb place.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 pm Plus if I was POBO for the Wolves I'd likely be in prison by now for either murdering Glen Taylor or attempting to murder him. I'm not smart enough not to get caught.

Oh, it’s just a matter of multiple bank transfers that bounce between jurisdictions and inevitably ends up in a Cyprian bank account tied to the Russian mobsters that served Glen his polonium tea.

Easy peasy.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 pm Plus if I was POBO for the Wolves I'd likely be in prison by now for either murdering Glen Taylor or attempting to murder him. I'm not smart enough not to get caught.

Oh, it’s just a matter of multiple bank transfers that bounce between jurisdictions and inevitably ends up in a Cyprian bank account tied to the Russian mobsters that served Glen his polonium tea.

Easy peasy.
Diabolical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

S&T Beasley, Wolves Top 3 Pick, & Culver

For Booker

Get it done
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:36 pm S&T Beasley, Wolves Top 3 Pick, & Culver

For Booker

Get it done
Worse every time you post it.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:36 pm S&T Beasley, Wolves Top 3 Pick, & Culver

For Booker

Get it done
Worse every time you post it.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

The only way you give up that much for one guy is if that guy is Top 10. Booker ain’t it. That is awful.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:14 pm The only way you give up that much for one guy is if that guy is Top 10. Booker ain’t it. That is awful.
Beasley is top what in the future? He’s not an All-Star.

Culver is top what? He’s not even top anything in his own rookie class.

Top 3 to 6 pick.....weak draft and what’s the trust level here after the last disaster for Rosas to draft correctly?

Viewed that way, the trade isn’t that bad.

If Booker is really available and wants to come play here with DLO and KAT, Rosas needs to find a way to get it done. It might have been his entire reasoning for specifically going after DLO.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Wolves didn't give near that up for Butler and Butler shits all over Booger.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:42 pm The Wolves didn't give near that up for Butler and Butler shits all over Booger.
Yeah, and pay no attention to the fact that Butler brought not only top talent but things we desperately needed and lacked. We need another stat padding "winner" like we need another shit, moron GM running this shit team. We certainly would need someone to bring another ball.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:42 pm The Wolves didn't give near that up for Butler and Butler shits all over Booger.
Wolves gave up Lavine, Dunn, and top 7 pick for Butler.

Pretty much the same thing with us giving Beasley, Culver, and our pick this year
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 pm
Wolves gave up Lavine, Dunn, and top 7 pick for Butler.

Pretty much the same thing with us giving Beasley, Culver, and our pick this year
The chance of being in the top 3 even in this lackluster draft puts it over that imo.

Depends what.you think of Lavine. I don't think much and I think we are luckier than hell we didn't sign him to the deal Chicago did. Be another turd we would be trying to rid ourselves of. Thankfully we got lucky and someone took Andy off our hands.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master