Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Predict what happens with the Wolves lottery pick

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Predict what happens with the Wolves lottery pick

Post by RubeTube »

Let's here it, GENTLEMEN. Now is your chance to go on record and be heard.

Predict who the Wolves will select or what they will bring back in a trade.

I think Rosas is going to try hard to trade the pick but ultimately, the value will not be there.

(Adam Silver Voice) and with the 3rd pick, the Minnesota Timberwolves select...

LaJello Balls.

I will then proceed to puke all over myself.

I just get a bad feeling about this. See him going to us in a lot of mocks.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Predict what happens with the Wolves lottery pick

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:27 am Let's here it, GENTLEMEN. Now is your chance to go on record and be heard.

Predict who the Wolves will select or what they will bring back in a trade.

I think Rosas is going to try hard to trade the pick but ultimately, the value will not be there.

(Adam Silver Voice) and with the 3rd pick, the Minnesota Timberwolves select...

LaJello Balls.

I will then proceed to pick all over myself.

I just get a bad feeling about this. See him going to us in a lot of mocks.
LaJello Balls..... :lol: that’s a winner. :lol:

GSW realized quickly there was no way Curry and DLO had no chance of working together, both ball dominant and they ain’t taking away from Curry to give to DLO....they didn’t want to deal with Curry getting pissed and DLO becoming a PITA and bombing his trade value.

Rosas can’t come out of this draft with a ball dominant PG after just selling his soul and his future assets to get DLO. That is the worst possible scenario, and Rosas better already have feelers out to other teams in the lottery gauging interest and if needed has trades locked in to move down for a lower pick and filler, or a trade for the pick and some of our players for another player to park next to DLO and KAT. Hopefully Rosas learns from the ass kicking he took in the last draft, and understands how critical this situation is for him to get right.

If the Wolves get the third pick......I want and predict Rosas will make a trade. Besides Booker and Gordon where there is known interest, I have no clue what player/s Rosas would be after. Maybe that info will become clearer as the draft approaches.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I actually predict we move up in the draft, and this helps us trade the pick. It's so weird to value the draft class when their is so little to really evaluate.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:42 am I actually predict we move up in the draft, and this helps us trade the pick. It's so weird to value the draft class when their is so little to really evaluate.
Ya, I could see this being the draft we move up in as it's a poor draft and just our luck.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

It falls to 7th... We end up taking Okoro.
bri

Post by bri »

We move down a spot and pick Deni Avdija
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

bri wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am We move down a spot and pick Deni Avdija
I’m coming around on Avdija but it hinges on his defense, which won’t be great in the NBA.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

They’ll get the number one pick in a below average draft and select Anthony Edwards.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am They’ll get the number one pick in a below average draft and select Anthony Edwards.
This is where I was going to go with it.
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

They land a top 3 pick and use it to draft Anthony Edwards.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:19 am They’ll get the number one pick in a below average draft and select Anthony Edwards.
If you said then use it as an excuse not to bring back Beasley then I might agree.

If they get #1 even the idiot is smart enough to trade back.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 am It falls to 7th... We end up taking Okoro.
not the worst outcome i can imagine.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:41 am
bri wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:54 am We move down a spot and pick Deni Avdija
I’m coming around on Avdija but it hinges on his defense, which won’t be great in the NBA.
I don't think he is bad but he's just another Saric to me. A guy who could be a matchup problem for other teams if we played him at the 3 and had good defensive bigs protecting the rim. And we would do the opposite and he would be a matchup problem for us. If we take him we will take him as a 4 and double down on our shit rebounding and defense.

Look at his numbers that keep getting posted on twitter. # hot games! 5 hot games! then go look at where those are from. Those are his Israel league games. In actual euroleague games against the big teams he gets like 12 minutes a game.

As I have asked many times. What does he do better than Obi? Oh, handle and pass? Because we really need that at the 4 on this roster? :lol: It's ludicrous. Not a better shooter, rebounder, defender, post player, but why would we need that at the 4? It's not like we play in the NBA or anything.

He will be a really good weapon as a 6th man if he gets to a smart team. The old Kukoc role where he can come in at the 3 or 4. As the Wolves starting 4? Might as well just get Saric back.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 am It falls to 7th... We end up taking Okoro.
Not possible to fall to 7. About as possible that the idiot takes a great defender.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:08 pm
Not possible to fall to 7. About as possible that the idiot takes a great defender.
Thrillkill, whether you like it or not, Rosas is one of 30 GMs and the first Latino GM.

Always calling him an idiot makes you look like a bigger idiot than Rosas could ever be.
witljon

Post by witljon »

You're not much of a history buff are you?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

witljon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:58 pm
This is a shit draft with no clear star. That’s why this will be the draft.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am
If you said then use it as an excuse not to bring back Beasley then I might agree.

I don’t see Rosas not bringing Beasley back. He traded a valuable piece for him. And with Beasley’s likely RFA market, he’ll have little excuse not to bring him back.
witljon

Post by witljon »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm
There seems to be getting a consensus top 3 in Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball, so history says we slide to 4.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

witljon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 pm

There seems to be getting a consensus top 3 in Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball, so history says we slide to 4.
Considering I think Onongwu is the best fit for us, I wouldn't hate that and have those 3 go before.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
witljon

Post by witljon »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Considering I think Onongwu is the best fit for us, I wouldn't hate that and have those 3 go before.
You aint insinuating that we luck out this year, are ya?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Whatever is the furthest we can move down Mathematically in the lottery is my vote
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

witljon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:38 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:34 pm

You aint insinuating that we luck out this year, are ya?
Say we get #1, I wouldn't mind trying to pull off what Boston did to Philly a few years back, and move back a few spots to still get your guy plus a future 1st rd pick...and oh yeah btw your guy (Tatum) still ends up being significantly the better player.

I'd like to say "we're due" for something like that, but who knows if we have the smarts to actually pull it off.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Style

Post by Style »

They fall in the lottery then pick the wrong guy.

Easiest question ever.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Thrillkill, whether you like it or not, Rosas is one of 30 GMs and the first Latino GM.

Always calling him an idiot makes you look like a bigger idiot than Rosas could ever be.
:lol: He's the first latino GM so his idiocy is somehow mitigated? :lol: Jesus fuck.

He's a self absorbed idiot who copies his old team without understanding why their system worked (in the regular season) and claims to have revolutionized the NBA in one year................of never winning. And his first move was to absolutely fuck himself publicly at the draft when he was going to outsmart the entire old fashioned backward ass league who just don't understand how the new NBA works and he got his latino pants pulled down for a public spanking. And then he congratulated himself on a big win. Yep, the guy who thinks 3 attempts, not makes, ATTEMPTS, are more important than made 2's. IDIOT!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:45 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 am

I don’t see Rosas not bringing Beasley back. He traded a valuable piece for him. And with Beasley’s likely RFA market, he’ll have little excuse not to bring him back.
His excuse would be fit now that we drafted his replacement. Think Taylor would be on board with 4 years of low pay instead of 20 mil? I mean, we are still talking about the Wolves right?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:22 am They fall in the lottery then pick the wrong guy.

Easiest question ever.
:lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:13 pm
thinktank wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 pm

:lol: He's the first latino GM so his idiocy is somehow mitigated? :lol: Jesus fuck.

He's a self absorbed idiot who copies his old team without understanding why their system worked (in the regular season) and claims to have revolutionized the NBA in one year................of never winning. And his first move was to absolutely fuck himself publicly at the draft when he was going to outsmart the entire old fashioned backward ass league who just don't understand how the new NBA works and he got his latino pants pulled down for a public spanking. And then he congratulated himself on a big win. Yep, the guy who thinks 3 attempts, not makes, ATTEMPTS, are more important than made 2's. IDIOT!
The better explanation is you’re psycho.

Rosas hasn’t claimed to revolutionize anything.

And now you wanna keep Culver so...

:zzz:
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Easy ...
1. The Nets play their way into the lottery & Wolves lose that pick.
2. The Wolves drop in the lottery to #7.
3a. Rosas is unable to trade the #7 pick (Aaron Gordon?).
3b. With with Ball, Edwards, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu & Vassell off the table the Wolves take Toppin (or Wiseman) at #7. (I'd take Haliburton here).

This is about the worse scenario I can think of.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:34 am Easy ...
1. The Nets play their way into the lottery & Wolves lose that pick.
2. The Wolves drop in the lottery to #7.
3a. Rosas is unable to trade the #7 pick (Aaron Gordon?).
3b. With with Ball, Edwards, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu & Vassell off the table the Wolves take Toppin (or Wiseman) at #7. (I'd take Haliburton here).

This is about the worse scenario I can think of.
I think the nets are gonna give a major effort into getting the draft pick.. only hope is that Washington is missing players too.