Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Brooklyn Pick Chat

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Rusty Kuntz

Brooklyn Pick Chat

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

8 games left, Nets 6 wins up over Washington. Dinwiddie and Jordan with Covid, probably won't play again this year.. Kyrie won't come back. It's going to be close, but Washington won't go 7-1, right? I really want the pick this year, doesn't it go to 2 seconds next year?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: Brooklyn Pick Chat

Post by Hoop Dreams »

The pick is lottery protected through 2022.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft ... s/detailed
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Thanks Hoop Dreams - I also thought it changed to two seconds next year. Good to know that we don't lose it until 2022, but Brooklyn is bound to be much better next year, so we'll hopefully get it this year.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think we're still likely to get it - but anything can happen. the jordan, dinwiddie, kyrie news was a pretty bad trifecta. i guess we'll be pulling for jarrett allen, joe harris, caris levert, taurean prince and tyler johnson to step up and all have great games. PG is the hardest hit. and it would be nice to know if dinwiddie and jordan got this hanging out with teammates or somewhere else. there could, of course, be more nets dropping.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The 8 most meaningless games in the history of sports. And it will somehow fuck the Wolves even though we are not even playing? Sounds about right.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 am The 8 most meaningless games in the history of sports. And it will somehow fuck the Wolves even though we are not even playing? Sounds about right.
Sadly accurate. :(

I'd have more faith in us keeping it if Atkinson was still coaching, not fucking Jacque Vaughn.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

and with their top players out - and presumably out thru the playoffs - i can see them tanking so they land back in the lottery. they and everyone else knows they aren't doing squat in the playoffs without those three players - first round sweep likely.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am and with their top players out - and presumably out thru the playoffs - i can see them tanking so they land back in the lottery. they and everyone else knows they aren't doing squat in the playoffs without those three players - first round sweep likely.
:rain:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am and with their top players out - and presumably out thru the playoffs - i can see them tanking so they land back in the lottery. they and everyone else knows they aren't doing squat in the playoffs without those three players - first round sweep likely.
I actually don't think they would want the pick considering what they will have being added next year. They would probably want what will be a lower pick next year. Not because it's a better draft but because it not only gives them an extra year on a 1st who likely won't play much next year but to free up future picks to trade a year earlier.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Zero chance Washington wins the games to pass Brooklyn
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm Zero chance Washington wins the games to pass Brooklyn
I just saw that Washington has the lowest o/u at 2.5. Brooklyn is at 3
Corre Ricky Corre

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm Zero chance Washington wins the games to pass Brooklyn
I just saw that Washington has the lowest o/u at 2.5. Brooklyn is at 3
I think it's very safe to say that we will very likely keep the pick.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I guess these are the ball games we have to watch.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I want the pick. Still a chance the whole thing can get cancelled again. I hope not. I want to see games with no fans to hear the players and coaches.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Weird feeling this pick won't convey this draft. Hope I'm wrong.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm Weird feeling this pick won't convey this draft. Hope I'm wrong.
YOU'RE BACK!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm Weird feeling this pick won't convey this draft. Hope I'm wrong.
Everything in the world says you are wrong. Except of course the luck of the Wolves.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Something to keep an eye on...

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:45 pm Something to keep an eye on...

Just more proof that not just starting with the playoffs is the stupidest idea ever.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Just more proof that not just starting with the playoffs is the stupidest idea ever.
Agreed. Waste of time... but it unlocked more money or something?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

100% Agreed!!

Sofa King Stupid!!!!!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm

Agreed. Waste of time... but it unlocked more money or something?
Apparently nothing to do with national TV money it was local TV revenue. So they all get it and we don't? I don't get it and don't care. Let's see just how much a little extra local money counts when it leads to the playoffs being cancelled.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

really stupid idea the way the pandemic is playing out. even tough guy fred vanvleet said the other day that he'll play, but he thinks it's stupid. i would imagine that there are a lot of players worried about their health - the more stories are coming out about long term damage in multiple spots in the body, even with people who are asymptomatic - good lord, these guys make their livings with their bodies. "keep playing fred, you might get scarred lungs, but keep playing, because... um... because!"
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm really stupid idea the way the pandemic is playing out. even tough guy fred vanvleet said the other day that he'll play, but he thinks it's stupid. i would imagine that there are a lot of players worried about their health - the more stories are coming out about long term damage in multiple spots in the body, even with people who are asymptomatic - good lord, these guys make their livings with their bodies. "keep playing fred, you might get scarred lungs, but keep playing, because... um... because!"
I was wondering what long term effects will be, haven't actually read anything myself yet, other than people recovering still feeling pains from it.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Washington doesn’t have to make up all the games on Brooklyn, believe they have to get to a certain number to get a play in series. Thought I read they only need have 2 more wins than Brooklyn in the 8 games back to force the series

Update this is what needs to happen:
Right now Wizards are 6 games back of 7th place Brooklyn and 5.5 games back of 8th place Orlando. Brooklyn and Washington do play a head to head game in the 8 games

The format is simple: if the 9th place team can get within four games of 8th, there’s a play-in series in which the 8th place team needs to win one game over 9th and the 9th place team needs to win twice.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:20 am The format is simple: if the 9th place team can get within four games of 8th, there’s a play-in series in which the 8th place team needs to win one game over 9th and the 9th place team needs to win twice.
Yeah, this is just dumb.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

They had the perfect chance based on the standings to say top 8 in each conference are going... have a couple games against teams in the other conference to get things going... it would be back to normal fairly quick once the first round really gets going.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Looking extremely likely that we get the Brooklyn pick.

Corre Ricky Corre

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 am Looking extremely likely that we get the Brooklyn pick.

It is all turning around! :naners:
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »