Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Froob Favorite Allonzo Trier Cut

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Style

Froob Favorite Allonzo Trier Cut

Post by Style »

Wolves have an open roster space? I think a few around here would love AT 2.0.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Re: Froob Favorite Allonzo Trier Cut

Post by somuchyummy »

you know, i'll pass. on a terrible, terrible knicks team - his PT went from 23 MPG his rookie season to 12 his second year. just not jumping off the screen at me.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Definitely would love him as our backup PG, and it seems we need one of them. Perfect fit.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Who? I like Mcmuffin as our backup pg.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mac is a game mgr type. trier's a bomber.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I am surprised that not only he was waived, but his minutes significantly decreased after a good rookie year last year (11 ppg, 39% from three). He can get buckets.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:23 am I am surprised that not only he was waived, but his minutes significantly decreased after a good rookie year last year (11 ppg, 39% from three). He can get buckets.

i think there might be some other stuff going on - pure conjecture on my part. but yeah, hits 38% of his threes his rookie year as a UDFA - 24 mpg - and then poof he nearly does a keyser soze. i'm wondering if he's an ego problem - or a bonehead - or does shit in his free time that could explode? his trajectory is odd.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:23 am I am surprised that not only he was waived, but his minutes significantly decreased after a good rookie year last year (11 ppg, 39% from three). He can get buckets.

i think there might be some other stuff going on - pure conjecture on my part. but yeah, hits 38% of his threes his rookie year as a UDFA - 24 mpg - and then poof he nearly does a keyser soze. i'm wondering if he's an ego problem - or a bonehead - or does shit in his free time that could explode? his trajectory is odd.
He seemed to piss off a number of teammates his rookie year with selfish play. I remember one being Hardaway, but not the other. Consistently playing ISO ball, ignoring open teammates, blaming defensive lapses on others. It's not a good way to start your career.
j2j

Post by j2j »

When you play one of the worst franchises in sports with 73 PFs, and theres no semblance of a coherent plan in the front office or on the court, the best thing for him would have been to go get his to showcase for the next team.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Yes. But some might think that being selfish in a team game isnt exactly showcasing your ability to be an asset.
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

No idea on the teammate/attitude stuff, but this would pair perfect with Okoge/Culver off the bench. I mentioned Immanuel Quickley on a draft board as a second rounder for this reason. Trier is more advanced offensively, but Quickley's defense easily balances it.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

norseman79 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:16 pm No idea on the teammate/attitude stuff, but this would pair perfect with Okoge/Culver off the bench. I mentioned Immanuel Quickley on a draft board as a second rounder for this reason. Trier is more advanced offensively, but Quickley's defense easily balances it.
i've been stumping for quickley at 33 for quite awhile - and would prefer him over trier.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:57 pm This dude is pissed!! :lol:

That's some impassioned performance art, right there.

Edit: Wait a minute, how does someone dunk *through* an earthquake?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:57 pm This dude is pissed!! :lol:

That's some impassioned performance art, right there.

Edit: Wait a minute, how does someone dunk *through* an earthquake?
this video makes me look at my long suffering wolves fandom in an entirely new, fresh light.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm When you play one of the worst franchises in sports with 73 PFs, and theres no semblance of a coherent n in the front office or on the court, the best thing for him would have been to go get his to showcase for the next team.
Well now he can come here to a even worse franchise and a team with 73 wings.

God bless your soul, Grier.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:52 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm When you play one of the worst franchises in sports with 73 PFs, and theres no semblance of a coherent n in the front office or on the court, the best thing for him would have been to go get his to showcase for the next team.
Well now he can come here to a even worse franchise and a team with 73 wings.

God bless your soul, Grier.
he's sort of in that "SG but maybe he can play some Point" camp - but my guess is that he's been about as successful at that as culver and okogie and nowell. if he actually had more PG in him, then i'd be for it - but rather just take a 33 flier on quickley, who's more a true combo and could give us that third "break glass if in need of PG" and he might actually be one.