Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Draft LaMelo Ball

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Do You Want the Wolves to Draft LaMelo with the Top 3 Pick?

Yes, he has incredible skill and ceiling
35%
No, he's overrated like his brothers and his dad is a nightmare
65%

Total votes: 46

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Draft LaMelo Ball

Post by RubeTube »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:16 pm Do the Suns cover Ball? If yes I say draft him. If he is the key piece that nets us Booker I guess why not. Don't really want to put all our eggs in a Towns/Russell/Booker basket because I don't think you end up a true contender with those guys, but it would be fun to watch for 82 games a year and I don't think you end up a real contender with Towns/Russell/Beasley/Any guy in this draft as your key pieces anyways.
Well you better talk to Suns before the draft and hope they just want the pick and can do it themselves.

Don't want Rosas getting caught with his pants down like when he got stuck with Butter burger.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wow looks like I’m not so crazy.

10 yes votes vs 7 no’s.

Told ya I’m an elite b-ball mind and not afraid of speaking the truth or following the crowd.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Rather have Beasley at half the cost of Booker. Any day all day. Without even factoring in the price to get Booker.
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm Wow looks like I’m not so crazy.

10 yes votes vs 7 no’s.

Told ya I’m an elite b-ball mind and not afraid of speaking the truth or following the crowd.
You dont follow the crowd because you voted the same as the crowd? Huh? :shrug: :lol:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LaJello Balls is a clown!

HARD PASS!!

WISEMAN!! WISEMAN!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

witljon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:46 pm Im leaning towards trading the pick.
Well, I'm all for trading the pick too if we can land one of the 20 or so NBA players who would be worth trading the pick for, but I'm certainly not going to trade the pick just for the sake of trading it. This draft has too much talent for that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Silversword wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:34 pm
Well, I'm all for trading the pick too if we can land one of the 20 or so NBA players who would be worth trading the pick for, but I'm certainly not going to trade the pick just for the sake of trading it. This draft has too much talent for that.
This.

Fuck trading it for some role player type.

Has to be a top guy and I don't see anyone doing that so there is only one thing left to do....

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

I was thinking/hoping if we could somehow pull off a trade for a pick in next years draft.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mglviks wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm Rather have Beasley at half the cost of Booker. Any day all day. Without even factoring in the price to get Booker.
my take as well.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:41 pm
mglviks wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm Rather have Beasley at half the cost of Booker. Any day all day. Without even factoring in the price to get Booker.
my take as well.
X3
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

j2j wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:55 pm

10 yes votes vs 7 no’s.

You dont follow the crowd because you voted the same as the crowd? Huh? :shrug: :lol:
I was the pioneer, the trendsetter, the first and one of a kind.
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:23 pm
I was thinking/hoping if we could somehow pull off a trade for a pick in next years draft.
I can see possibly trading the Brooklyn pick for a pick in next year's draft, but only if it's with a team that's likely to have a top 10 pick next season. We should not trade our (likely) top 5 pick since there are no guarantees the pick we get back will be a higher or better pick. I get that next year's draft is supposed to be deep because of high school players, but there is enough strong talent at the top of this draft (Edwards, Ball, OO, Obi, Deni... even Wiseman, Okoro & Vassell) and depth through #20 that we should come out of this draft with two strong additions to our roster.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

10 yes votes vs 7 no’s.

Now that it's 12-10 against Ball, I guess you are NOT an elite b-ball mind. Good logic.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

There's no "I" in la"ME"lo.

Has this guy ever committed to a team for a full year?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

10 yes votes vs 7 no’s.

Or maybe a number of us have more nuanced reasons for not wanting the guy and didn't bother responding to such juvenile and overly-simplistic options.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I don't know... I wouldn't be upset necessarily if they ended up with him but if they got the number 1 pick and he's the guy, not sure I like it.

Avdija excites me the most right now but I'm sure if we got some workout videos I'd be drawn into other guys too.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

If we wanted another PG in the draft, maybe grab Maledon on the back end if he's still there.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Where would he play? We going 3 guard lineup with DLo and Beasley? Can he defend bigger, stronger wings?

witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15 am I don't know... I wouldn't be upset necessarily if they ended up with him but if they got the number 1 pick and he's the guy, not sure I like it.

Avdija excites me the most right now but I'm sure if we got some workout videos I'd be drawn into other guys too.
Is there a consensus top 5?

After Edwards and Ball, who else is there?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

witljon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:20 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15 am I don't know... I wouldn't be upset necessarily if they ended up with him but if they got the number 1 pick and he's the guy, not sure I like it.

Is there a consensus top 5?

After Edwards and Ball, who else is there?
Wiseman and Avidija are in consideration there. I haven't dug in too much on the draft lately but Mike Schmitz of ESPN brings up those guys.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

OBI!

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:34 pm LaJello Balls is a clown!

HARD PASS!!

WISEMAN!! WISEMAN!!
Ball is a clown but Wiseman is what..................a great guy? A real pro?

You really don't watch basketball do you?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Not really sure how anyone can have a valid opinion on Wiseman going either direction at this point.

witljon

Post by witljon »

j2j wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:49 pm Not really sure how anyone can have a valid opinion on Wiseman going either direction at this point.
I don't even have a valid opinion on LaMelo Ball and most other draft prospects.. :shrug:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Killian hayes is getting a ton of hype
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Nate Duncan of Dun’c basketball podcast says He would take Lamelo number 1 this year
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sergeant Rubetube of RTSports says...

"I wouldn't touch this turd with a 10ft pole.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:49 pm Not really sure how anyone can have a valid opinion on Wiseman going either direction at this point.
Bet Penny Hardaway thinks he can.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:55 pm
Bet Penny Hardaway thinks he can.
Probably, but he don't go here.

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I don't think he's a fit for this team. I don't think he'll ever shoot well enough and he's another guy who doesn't care about defense, and isn't strong enough yet regardless. He is an elite playmaker.