Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Athletic Article: Rosas will keep options open this offseason

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: Athletic Article: Rosas will keep options open this offseason

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm Dlo KAT and booker is a poor mans golden state warriors. They all can rain from deep. Our defense would be a MAJOR flaw, but it’d be hard to lose a scoring race.

We’d most likely make a little noise and lose in the playoffs to a team with good defense. Then we’ll need that tough defensive F/C to guard the hoop.
Are Curry and Klay really that good at D?
Curry is terrible, Klay is really good.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:17 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm Dlo KAT and booker is a poor mans golden state warriors. They all can rain from deep. Our defense would be a MAJOR flaw, but it’d be hard to lose a scoring race.

We’d most likely make a little noise and lose in the playoffs to a team with good defense. Then we’ll need that tough defensive F/C to guard the hoop.
Are Curry and Klay really that good at D?
Curry is terrible, Klay is really good.
Ah that's right. All he wanted to be was a 3 and D guy, so actually had to put effort into making his D good. I jsut wonder if a bit of it also comes with being AS's and champions - i.e. champion calls (or non-calls).
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Steph Curry certainly is not a “terrible “ defensive player. Especially for a PG.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:33 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:12 pm A KAT, Russell, Booker trio isn’t winning anything substantial anyway. I don’t get the pining for Booker.
Because it would be the best young trio this franchise has put together since Starbury, KG and Googs..end of story.

That’s why.

Who knows if it wins anything, but it would be must watch and must pay to go and watch basketball in Target Center. Plus for a GM it wouldn’t take much smarts or money to build a team around them.

I have a hard time seeing the real downside with KAT and DLO’s timeline aligning so perfectly with Booker’s.....

https://arizonasports.com/story/2123032 ... -together/

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
These 3 look closer to a boy band than a group who will bring you to the promise land.

IDENTIFY ROSAS!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:59 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:33 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:12 pm A KAT, Russell, Booker trio isn’t winning anything substantial anyway. I don’t get the pining for Booker.
Because it would be the best young trio this franchise has put together since Starbury, KG and Googs..end of story.

That’s why.

Who knows if it wins anything, but it would be must watch and must pay to go and watch basketball in Target Center. Plus for a GM it wouldn’t take much smarts or money to build a team around them.

I have a hard time seeing the real downside with KAT and DLO’s timeline aligning so perfectly with Booker’s.....

https://arizonasports.com/story/2123032 ... -together/

These 3 look closer to a boy band than a group who will bring you to the promise land.

IDENTIFY ROSAS!!
Maybe these “New Kids On The Block” can Hang Tough and become winners and learn to win together in the process.

Also, if you are Taylor you drool at the prospect of how much money this boy band could make for you playing at Target Center night after night.

Maybe they have - The Right Stuff!

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:05 am Steph Curry certainly is not a “terrible “ defensive player. Especially for a PG.
agreed. a big part of the winning formula in GS has been great D. you don't have a great D if one of your main components, on the court constantly, sucks at D.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:55 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:05 am Steph Curry certainly is not a “terrible “ defensive player. Especially for a PG.
agreed. a big part of the winning formula in GS has been great D. you don't have a great D if one of your main components, on the court constantly, sucks at D.
I think the key difference there is that he also had teammates on his level that wanted to be great defenders and a coach that he believed in that wanted to preach strong defense, so it made him want to raise his defensive game. I don't think he came into the league caring about defense, and if he was drafted by a different team who knows how that would have played out.

That's the problem with our team, that we have nobody on our stars' level that cares about defense, so they don't have any pressure to want to raise their own defensive game.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Grant would be at the top of my list.

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Style

Post by Style »

Anyone with access able to post?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:18 pm Grant would be at the top of my list.

Grant would be a slam dunk and would turn this offseason into an A+ offseason. Would afford us to either gamble a bit on the top 3 pick we’re going to get, or use it in a trade
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SKOLMN wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:18 pm Grant would be at the top of my list.

Grant would be a slam dunk and would turn this offseason into an A+ offseason. Would afford us to either gamble a bit on the top 3 pick we’re going to get, or use it in a trade
Zero chance he only gets the MLE.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

SKOLMN wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 pm

He should get more money but I'd be ecstatic. Get Grant and Deni...
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am
Have Rosas, KAT and DLO been seen boarding a Wolves helicopter bound for the Florida “Bubble”? ;)

LET’S GO!!

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:42 am
Have Rosas, KAT and DLO been seen boarding a Wolves helicopter bound for the Florida “Bubble”? ;)

LET’S GO!!

Are you trying to give me a stroke mentioning those 3 basketball geniuses as the decision makers for this team?
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

LET’S GO!!

Hopefully we can at least get some rumors to come out of this. Something, anything to get excited about!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:43 am

LET’S GO!!

Hopefully we can at least get some rumors to come out of this. Something, anything to get excited about!
Ummm.............getting rid of the worst owner in the history of sports and hiring an actual basketball man to run the organization not enough excitement for you? Fuck, I have to sit down every now and again because it makes me lightheaded with anticipation.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:52 am

LET’S GO!!

Ummm.............getting rid of the worst owner in the history of sports and hiring an actual basketball man to run the organization not enough excitement for you? Fuck, I have to sit down every now and again because it makes me lightheaded with anticipation.
That is definitely encouraging, but I want some player specific rumors! Still holding on to the pipedream of acquiring Jonathan Isaac.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:52 am

That is definitely encouraging, but I want some player specific rumors! Still holding on to the pipedream of acquiring Jonathan Isaac.
Well, have to get some blood pressure meds for a while if that happened but never understood where that came from. Never saw anything about him in any trade rumors. Just assumed it was some rube liked him, brought him up, and it mushroomed. I know that Orl has made some brutal decisions and are not highly regarded at all but he took a huge step last year. Went from still skinny maybe, to RoCo with room to grow. Of course the idiot would not value him at all and neither would a lot of teams until he hits 40% from 3. But the chance to get young Tayshawn Prince? Hell yes I would kill for that. As long as we don't have 2 assholes thinking he's only a 4. Or a skinflint thinking who won't pay him 20 mil unless he scores 20 points and has a nice smile.

Start him at the 3 with Obi at the 4. Freakish long lineup. D. Rebounding. And you can slide him to the 4 to crush stretch guys. I'd kill for that. But don't think we have the ammo since It would require that top pick. But there are still some good bigs to take with the Nets pick.

What would you add to that top pick to get him if we were 4 or 5? If we won the 1st pick would you trade it straight up? I would. I'd ask them to take back salary but I would. That kind of crazy length and defensive instincts are what make everyone better on D. Fuck why did you remind me of that pipe dream? I gotta go mow the lawn and remember which dumb ass team I root for.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i was thinking - that's still a great get, isaac at the 3 - and if we lose the top pick, eh, okay - maybe achiuwa will still be there at 16. another guy i like, particularly just for D is paul reed.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I would love Isaac but why would the Magic trade him?

And especially for the crap we have.

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's a good question. i'm not sure either. we can speculate. he's been a little brittle - some injury history. he's got all sorts of leaguewide interest right now for his D - but still only averages like 12/7 on 33% from three. it's not like you're getting bron or kawhi. but.... maybe they could get great payback for him at a time when his stock has risen so high? idk. just throwing shit around. i know if he was on my team, i wouldn't be looking to move him. you'd have to come at me with some crazy offer for me to consider it.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:47 pm
bah.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ish.

If Rosas takes two years of top 6 and better picks and turns them into Butter burger and Aaron Boredom, he's right in line with past Wolves GMs serving teh poop soup.

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!!

Gordo, Carl and DLow are not even in a playoff conversation.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:15 pm Ish.

If Rosas takes two years of top 6 and better picks and turns them into Butter burger and Aaron Boredom, he's right in line with past Wolves GMs serving teh poop soup.

ROSAS MUST IDENTIFY!!

Gordo, Carl and DLow are not even in a playoff conversation.
If they just wanted to dump him for the nets pick and salary I would do it.but I wouldn't add the top pick. Edwards would be a nice pick if we had gordan at pf.but would be nice to know if we resign Beasley first.or of Gordon would stay.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

how do we actually have the money to sign both juancho and beasley? together they're going to require something in the 20Ms. i just did a wish list scenario for next year where we didn't sign either one - but instead used that money to sign christian wood for less - at around $17.5M. but even doing that we came up 7 to 8M over the cap. how's that going to work to land both beasley and juanch?
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

For Beasley and juancho it comes down to will Taylor or whoever pay them.we don't have to worry about the cap with them.just the owners pockets. So pay up at least for beasley.at minimum we can trade him later.
Hoping the new owner has massively deep pockets
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Is Juancho worth it? We didn't get to see much of the guy. This is why Delete Eight may end up being beneficial, just to evaluate.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:11 pm Is Juancho worth it? We didn't get to see much of the guy. This is why Delete Eight may end up being beneficial, just to evaluate.
No. I hope they don't go near paying him.

You can find players like HermanGomez on the streets.

Why there is an infatuation with him here is mind boggling. Especially when this team doesn't have a ton of money to spend.

He will be another guy that after a year on his contract, we are looking to unload but i guess we always have one of those guys so why not?

Give me Carl, DLow, Beasley and Okogie and the rest of the bums can hit the streets with kid Sanders.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master