Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Athletic Article: Rosas will keep options open this offseason

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Athletic Article: Rosas will keep options open this offseason

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:40 pm i predict that foursome plus joe power forward would give up an average of 150 ppg. we'll lose every game by 20 but it'll be smiles all around as KAT, Dlo and booker all average 30 ppg and beasley 25. we won't have a bench though - at all - so i predict a PR move where EVERY NIGHT it's "Fans Get To Play Night". every game they'll pick 4 guys at random out of the crowd so we reach our NBA minimum, suit em up and here sign this waiver. who wouldn't love that? me, for one.
Prepare yourself it is what they want if they go after Booker. The defense will be bad and its future depends on Beasley, the PF and bench defensive players along with rotational schemes to balance things out. I don't think it works as far as challenging for a championship, but would give us a young team better than we have had.
i'd check out. i hate teams that play ball like that. IMO it's about as stimulating as watching someone shoot balls at the State Fair midway arcades. pointless.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:15 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:40 pm i predict that foursome plus joe power forward would give up an average of 150 ppg. we'll lose every game by 20 but it'll be smiles all around as KAT, Dlo and booker all average 30 ppg and beasley 25. we won't have a bench though - at all - so i predict a PR move where EVERY NIGHT it's "Fans Get To Play Night". every game they'll pick 4 guys at random out of the crowd so we reach our NBA minimum, suit em up and here sign this waiver. who wouldn't love that? me, for one.
Prepare yourself it is what they want if they go after Booker. The defense will be bad and its future depends on Beasley, the PF and bench defensive players along with rotational schemes to balance things out. I don't think it works as far as challenging for a championship, but would give us a young team better than we have had.
i'd check out. i hate teams that play ball like that. IMO it's about as stimulating as watching someone shoot balls at the State Fair midway arcades. pointless.
There is no way you would “check out” if this team added Booker. The potential of DLO, KAT and Booker is the best young core this franchise and many franchises have ever had.

Any GM would sell their soul for a chance to build around that, and most coaches would sell their souls for an opportunity to coach that young core.....also probably more importantly many more Minnesota fans would likely pay for the opportunity to go to the Target Center and watch them play and more national games on TV would likely be a result. There is a shitload of upside.

This is all a good talker, but why in the world would the Suns let him go. I said earlier that I have jumped onboard with the idea, but I am not going drive myself into a lather and state disownment of the Wolves over the pluses and minuses of something that hasn’t even hit the “rumor” stage yet. Save that for your great Draft Analysis and what will unfortunately likely be the huge disappointment that Rosas will provide with those selections.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Welcome to today's NBA.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Reading this, it sounds like Booker is likely a real target due to Rasas comment about “high level” talent. Also, doesn’t seem like Culver is a factor.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I just can't see Orlando trading Jonathan Isaac. Why would they? Maybe concerns about his durability?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Some "interesting" perspective from Orlando fans on Realgm about what Aaron Gordon would potentially cost in a trade. Are they delusional or are we about what it would take to get Gordon?
Just noticing some Twolves fans really want AG. Not sure they have any salaries that can matchup. Some floated Culver and the two first round picks they have this year. One, that doesn't matchup and two, we don't need that many rookies.
Imo, MIN trade has to start with Beasley +... I thought AG to Denver for Beasley/Hernangomez might’ve worked. I like AG fit next to Towns but I definitely value AG and hope he’s not gifted for pennies. Maybe a re-signed Beasley and a pick, I think Langford & Beasley might be too much to ask. AG brings a dimension they lack.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:57 pm Some "interesting" perspective from Orlando fans on Realgm about what Aaron Gordon would potentially cost in a trade. Are they delusional or are we about what it would take to get Gordon?
Just noticing some Twolves fans really want AG. Not sure they have any salaries that can matchup. Some floated Culver and the two first round picks they have this year. One, that doesn't matchup and two, we don't need that many rookies.
Imo, MIN trade has to start with Beasley +... I thought AG to Denver for Beasley/Hernangomez might’ve worked. I like AG fit next to Towns but I definitely value AG and hope he’s not gifted for pennies. Maybe a re-signed Beasley and a pick, I think Langford & Beasley might be too much to ask. AG brings a dimension they lack.
Every teams fans overvalues the players on their home team. It will come down to the two GM’s from each team getting together and then putting offers together. After that the market is set and other teams if they are interested in the players involved jump in and try and make better offers, but offers don’t usually go to far beyond (talent wise) what the two teams originally involved first spitball.

We will see if Rosas is really interested and if he can get something done, I am pretty convinced he wants nothing to do with any of the players in this Draft.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

super excited to add the $18M/yr PF with career 12.7/6.4 numbers on 31% from three and on again/off again D!!!!!

because dunk contest.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Aaron Gordon is so overrated.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
witljon

Post by witljon »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm wow. so you'd quadruple down on the lousy D? a starting five that includes KAT, booker, beasley AND dlo? wow. we're going to need to find dennis rodman or KG to come in and play PF with that group.
Impossible. Rodman is like 60, and KG doesn't like Glen Taylor.
Its worth a try...
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:11 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 pm wow. so you'd quadruple down on the lousy D? a starting five that includes KAT, booker, beasley AND dlo? wow. we're going to need to find dennis rodman or KG to come in and play PF with that group.
Impossible. Rodman is like 60, and KG doesn't like Glen Taylor.
Its worth a try...
on that team, rodman at 60 would still be the best defender.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

:lol: Prepare yourself for Taylor to pay huge lux tax bills. :lol: Yep, that's what they want. :lol: Prepare yourself for that! :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 am

:lol: Prepare yourself for Taylor to pay huge lux tax bills. :lol: Yep, that's what they want. :lol: Prepare yourself for that! :lol:
was this response supposed to be in the draft thread - in reaction to that awesome squad i assembled that's a titch over the cap? you gotta admit, it's a nice little squad.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Your math is off. Avoiding the LUX would be more than possible...based on projections. So what is the point of the post? To add they would like to not be taxpayers? Duh.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:34 am
LordNu wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:28 am
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:36 pm From my one season of experience with Rosas here are two takes I have on him:

1. Rosas may be great at making trades.
2. Rosas may be God awful at Draft Lottery picks.

This Draft and Free Agency period will be one of the most important in Wolves history considering resources will be scarce the following season.

Have we ever had a genius when it came to drafts? Flip was probably our best?
Yikes! The guy with a bunch of lotto picks and not one hit a all star game except the #1 pick of the draft?

The guy who took Bazz and Dieng in a draft and later traded a 1st for Adrian Payne?!?

Uffda.
I think I would go Mchale but it's been a history of shit soup and I can't keep it all straight.
You reckon? Ndubi Ebi is such a standout...

You are right though, with the slim pickings, McHale is somewhere up there.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mchale wins this hands down if only for KG. he didn't opt for the safer, more tape on them picks like corliss williamson, big country reeves, ed obannon, damon stoudamire, etc - he took the raw unproven high schooler. plenty of players taken straight out of HS have bombed - jonathon bender, darius miles, martell webster, kwame effing brown (overall #1!) - but KG instead joined the likes of kobe and bron as an absolute stud taken without any college play.

what we surrounded with KG after he got here is another story - but as a "drafter", mchale gets the prize. seriously - think of how entirely MORE execrable the history of the twolves would have been had mchale taken big country - or for that matter, if KG hadn't been the player they thought he was. moot point now, but they didn't REALLY know that on draft night - it was a huge risk.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Your math is off. Avoiding the LUX would be more than possible...based on projections. So what is the point of the post? To add they would like to not be taxpayers? Duh.
:lol: OK then. You go ahead and show me how to assemble a team with 3 max guys and Beasley and not be a tax team. :lol: Can you count to 90 mil? Based on exactly what projections from where? From your head where you forgot to do math? Even the cap did go up from 109 which it certainly will not. explain how 3 guys making 90 keeps us under?Even if Beasley took only 15 which he won't. We are at the cap with 4 players. That doesn't count JJ's 16. Culver's 6. That's abouty 130 f0or 6 guys. Tell me about math again? :lol:

And hey everyone. SoMoney thinks Glen Taylor would PREFER not to pay lux tax. Sun PREFERS to set in the west. Idiot prefers missed 3's over mad 2's. SoMoney PREFERS to force facts fit his argument than to have his argument fit the facts. Glen Taylor PREFERS not to pay lux. :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hey, my math is probably wrong - but a cursory look at the players and contracts i constructed for my little fantasy wolves team - with no look at exceptions or whatnot - came in at around $128M. but again, i am one of those guys who thinks there are three kinds of people in the world - those who can do math and those who can't. anyway, that was:

Dlo - Jmac - immanuel quickley
beas - culver - nowell
isaac okoro - okogie - vandy
christian wood - jj - jalen smith
KAT - kyle o'quinn - naz

and you could probably carve 3 mil off that by not signing o'quinn and drafting isaiah stewart instead of jalen smith - stewart can play both big spots. but i like smith better.
T_J

Post by T_J »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:52 pm Aaron Gordon is so overrated.
I came here for this. I don't see the fit here at all or like him as a player in general, plus what we'd have to trade to get him.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

gordon and juancho's (14 games for us) per 36 stats are remarkably similar - gordon has the advantage on assists - but juancho the far better marksman from three (42% to 30%). why we would be crunching our brains to offer JH a $4.6M/yr deal - but then be open to spending $17M on gordon is beyond the depths of my comprehension.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm gordon and juancho's (14 games for us) per 36 stats are remarkably similar - gordon has the advantage on assists - but juancho the far better marksman from three (42% to 30%). why we would be crunching our brains to offer JH a $4.6M/yr deal - but then be open to spending $17M on gordon is beyond the depths of my comprehension.
Juancho should be re-signed, Gordon is something separate entirely as far as a trade target. I am not high on Gordon but he shouldn't cost a lot to get. If they want a lot pass.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Not worth my time.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:44 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm gordon and juancho's (14 games for us) per 36 stats are remarkably similar - gordon has the advantage on assists - but juancho the far better marksman from three (42% to 30%). why we would be crunching our brains to offer JH a $4.6M/yr deal - but then be open to spending $17M on gordon is beyond the depths of my comprehension.
Juancho should be re-signed, Gordon is something separate entirely as far as a trade target. I am not high on Gordon but he shouldn't cost a lot to get. If they want a lot pass.
whatever it would take to get gordon would probably include jj. and i don't think that's an obvious win for us. jj played really well for us in his short time this year - he's a great locker room presence and tough court presence - and his contract expires at the end of next year, which then frees up money that wouldn't be freed up if we pick up gordon. just feels like we can do better than gordon with jj's expiring - and if that's as good as it gets, then just keep jj and play it out.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:55 pm
whatever it would take to get gordon would probably include jj. and i don't think that's an obvious win for us. jj played really well for us in his short time this year - he's a great locker room presence and tough court presence - and his contract expires at the end of next year, which then frees up money that wouldn't be freed up if we pick up gordon. just feels like we can do better than gordon with jj's expiring - and if that's as good as it gets, then just keep jj and play it out.
JJ looked awful to me. I have no problem with him being gone either via trade or even stretch provision depending on how things shake out in FA.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

JJ looked awful to me. I have no problem with him being gone either via trade or even stretch provision depending on how things shake out in FA.
how exactly did jj look awful to you? i was expecting nothing but a washed up old guy. instead he played his usual tough D, averaged 12/5/4 on 57%/37%/68% with 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. per 36s of 18/7/6/2/2. he was super solid. are you sure you just weren't put off by his braids?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:11 pm

how exactly did jj look awful to you? i was expecting nothing but a washed up old guy. instead he played his usual tough D, averaged 12/5/4 on 57%/37%/68% with 1.5 spg and 1.5 bpg. per 36s of 18/7/6/2/2. he was super solid. are you sure you just weren't put off by his braids?
He is careless and sloppy. If you want to be a vet or the vet on this team can't be that. Replaceable.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:25 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:11 pm

He is careless and sloppy. If you want to be a vet or the vet on this team can't be that. Replaceable.
he had a lot of TOs (and Assists) because he handles the ball and distributes more than the average tweener - plus he was playing with new teammates and for sure that's something that would tighten up with more familiarity. but as it is, his 1.96 Asst/TO ratio with us was not too far off luka doncic's 2.1 mark. i didn't hear too many people screaming about his sloppy play. jj's Asst/TO mark for the year was a nice 2.47 - putting him a notch ahead of kemba, simmons, jrue, conley, etc. give him another year with the same guys and that ratio would revert back to this norm. my point with JJ is that i think he has value on the court and in the locker room - to the point that the expiring deal we do with him better bring something nice back. i don't want to simply do some other team a favor by helping them shed some longer term salary they've grown tired of.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Gordo is a busta. No thanks.

Get a real playa.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »