Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**9th Annual NBA froob Draft** Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mglviks

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** Complete

Post by mglviks »

LUKA'S LEAGUE! :bow:

Dude is on another level!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i love luka's dominance. for years i've had to argue with short-sighted newbies about larry bird's greatness - and then doncic shows up in the modern nba dominating all these guys who are clearly superior athletes - ahem - it's remarkably similar to how larry legend rolled.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Dame and Warren certainly seem to be doing well.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 am Dame and Warren certainly seem to be doing well.
dame's been unconscious. warren kind of came back to earth last game with 12, but the bubble has been very good to him. booker's another bubble winner - 35 pts in 4 of his last 5 games. michael porter jr has broken out. jusuf nurkic, despite a lackluster game yesterday has also looked like one of the better centers in the league - i think after 5 games his stats as a center (pts, rebs, assts, stls, blks) were second only to embiid's. nurk came back really strong in last night's squeaker to get them into the playoffs. 22/10/3 with a strong fourth quarter surge.

timothe luwawu-cabarrot has been somewhat of a revelation - he's had his normal 4 to 10 pts in a number of games, but then uncharacteristically has popped for 24 twice and 26 in another. he might finally be figuring some things out. he went undrafted in froobsville - maybe we can allow dome to pick him up on waivers as a replacement for isaac's ACL blowout - although as a tall rangy long wing and post defender, undrafted kyle anderson might fit the bill better.

i still think there should be an injury allowance for guys who go down with season enders. whaddya think guys? give dome a waiver guy? btw, this would not apply for simmons and jjj - i think both of them will likely be back in the saddle at the start of next season.

and finally, i know he mostly just dunks - but i love my backup C robert williams III's efficiency. 22 for 26 in the bubble.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm sorry - but did i in fact draft one of the best centers in the league in the fourth round!?!??! nurk with the double double and 3 assists in the first NINE minutes of tonight's game against the lakers. the beast.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Lillard.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this collins surgery bums me hard. portland was in such a good spot to counter AD with nurk, collins and whiteside - but now i guess they're going to have to hope he misses more than he makes. whiteside can't guard him - nurk a bit but not for long because he's prone to fouls - and poor wenyen gabriel gets thrown into the fire. UDFA a couple years ago, low minutes guy, undersized 6-9 205 PF gets to go major minutes against the best 4 in the game. collins out changes everything.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Robinson and Bertans are #1 and #2 when accounting for difficulty of 3s taken as well.

We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Tyler HEEEEEERRRRRRO.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Doncic for mvp this year!!!

Probs can unlock Abraham. Thanks bud
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Almost that time of year again. We should start a sign-up thread early this year so we can get as many teams as possible.

mglviks, where you at?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:37 pm Almost that time of year again. We should start a sign-up thread early this year so we can get as many teams as possible.

mglviks, where you at?
I think someone should do a simulation first. Someone always does the sim on the older game that always seems rushed. Now is the time to find out who won last year's draft! I don't play video games so I am not equipped to draft the teams, but if someone has the time to put in the effort it would be greatly appreciated.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bombers3shooter wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:13 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:37 pm Almost that time of year again. We should start a sign-up thread early this year so we can get as many teams as possible.

mglviks, where you at?
I think someone should do a simulation first. Someone always does the sim on the older game that always seems rushed. Now is the time to find out who won last year's draft! I don't play video games so I am not equipped to draft the teams, but if someone has the time to put in the effort it would be greatly appreciated.
yeah. this.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Blah. Who cares. I don't even remember my team every year by this time.

Let's do another draft!

Haven't seen Mgl. We didn't do our MLB draft this year. Hopefully fantasy football is still a go?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:33 pm

mglviks, where you at?
yeah. this.
I’ll see if I can find some time tonight to slog through it.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:26 pm

yeah. this.
There was some simulation done. Don't you remember Yummy bitching and moaning his super team did not win?

One thing I suggested is perhaps we should make this a league type situation. Draft the teams, then play the simulated games week by week. During the season trades can be made. To make it more realistic, we could put salary cap rules in which you inherit the contract of the drafted players and some become free agents. Run a rookie draft, which may include traded picks, in the off season.

Might be interesting to actually build a team over the long run.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

I'll set up this years.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Probably next early next week.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:52 am but just flawed right out of the chute - trae young and john collins - taken as your core for a condensed talent league, when those two in the watered down nba "led" their team to a 20-42 record?
Been waiting a year to bump this. This sim was based on the forward, 2020-21 season. Last night those two "flawed" players put up a combined 71 points-22 rebounds - 12 assists in a Game 1 Eastern Conference Finals victory.
Style

Post by Style »

Style wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 pm Thanks for playing fellas. See you next year.

Isaac is honorary MVP.

Champ!
Durant was the real Finals MVP.

CELTICS BABY!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Style

Post by Style »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 am
SHAFA wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:26 pm

yeah. this.
There was some simulation done. Don't you remember Yummy bitching and moaning his super team did not win?

One thing I suggested is perhaps we should make this a league type situation. Draft the teams, then play the simulated games week by week. During the season trades can be made. To make it more realistic, we could put salary cap rules in which you inherit the contract of the drafted players and some become free agents. Run a rookie draft, which may include traded picks, in the off season.

Might be interesting to actually build a team over the long run.
I'm in. That's pretty complex, but sounds really fun.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Opps wrong draft
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:52 am but just flawed right out of the chute - trae young and john collins - taken as your core for a condensed talent league, when those two in the watered down nba "led" their team to a 20-42 record?
Been waiting a year to bump this. This sim was based on the forward, 2020-21 season. Last night those two "flawed" players put up a combined 71 points-22 rebounds - 12 assists in a Game 1 Eastern Conference Finals victory.
just found this and i'll stand by what i said. you got great seasons out of two players that you drafted too high. kudos to you for that, sincerely. and 71/22/12 in a ECF victory is fantastic. they did really really well. and then shortly thereafter in a critical ECF final game loss, they combined for 27/15/10. you chose them 15th and 26th in the last draft - but this year's draft came back to reality and saw them going about where they should be picked - 27th and 44th. they are obviously making headway on their flaws, but they aren't ideal players by any stretch.