Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**9th Annual NBA froob Draft** Complete

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** #45 witljon is otc

Post by j2j »

Brogdon and Whiteside were on my short list.

I had Brogdon last year, stoked about his bigger role, and he dropped off in that bigger role, but I think he'll bounce. Difference between creating your own shot and playing off others, though.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
witljon

Post by witljon »

With the 45th pick the Pistons select D'Angelo Russell
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Currently sitting at 50, possibly looking to move into the next couple of picks. If anyone wants to move down a bit PM.
somuchyummy

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** #46 mlhouse is otc

Post by somuchyummy »

come on mlhouse. get those buttcheeks out of bed, fire up the grill, grab a grain belt, toss a cherry bomb over your neighbors fence, and make a pick!

happy 4th everyone.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 am come on mlhouse. get those buttcheeks out of bed, fire up the grill, grab a grain belt, toss a cherry bomb over your neighbors fence, and make a pick!

happy 4th everyone.
Fuck you. I might just sit on the pick for a while just to annoy you.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

take your time, have a beer, it's all good.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 46th pick in the 9th Annual NBA Froob Draft the Oklahoma City Thunder select:

Andre Drummond C UConn

The way I construct an NBA team one banger is needed on the floor and Drummond might be the best banger in the NBA. He has led the NBA in rebounding 4 out of the past five seasons. More importantly, his offensive rebounding is incredible. He has led the league in offensive rebounds for 7 consecutive years in his 8 year career. He is a player that has averaged 11.8 shots per game, but almost half of that total could be considered to be derived from getting one of his 4.8 offensive boards in that average game: to be effective an effective part of the offense he just needs to clean up other players misses. The advanced rebounding statistics also back up the raw numbers.

Defensively, he has led the NBA in "Defensive Win Shares" the past two seasons and has always been a solid defensive rebounder.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

SMY, you should take your time so my trade offer for Chris Paul gets further discussed. I can tell your son has a lot to contemplate with this pick; he deserves every second!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:54 am SMY, you should take your time so my trade offer for Chris Paul gets further discussed. I can tell your son has a lot to contemplate with this pick; he deserves every second!
i'll take a look. but i'm pretty happy with who i think i'm going with.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 pm
Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:54 am SMY, you should take your time so my trade offer for Chris Paul gets further discussed. I can tell your son has a lot to contemplate with this pick; he deserves every second!
Mostly teasing. If you two are ready to pick, totally cool! I have a feeling one of you two are about to snipe my top choice.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 pm
Mostly teasing. If you two are ready to pick, totally cool! I have a feeling one of you two are about to snipe my top choice.
i think i'm going to stick with what i've got - and i just talked to Son of and he's good to go as well. but thanks for thinking of us.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:43 am With the 46th pick in the 9th Annual NBA Froob Draft the Oklahoma City Thunder select:

Andre Drummond C UConn

The way I construct an NBA team one banger is needed on the floor and Drummond might be the best banger in the NBA. He has led the NBA in rebounding 4 out of the past five seasons. More importantly, his offensive rebounding is incredible. He has led the league in offensive rebounds for 7 consecutive years in his 8 year career. He is a player that has averaged 11.8 shots per game, but almost half of that total could be considered to be derived from getting one of his 4.8 offensive boards in that average game: to be effective an effective part of the offense he just needs to clean up other players misses. The advanced rebounding statistics also back up the raw numbers.

Defensively, he has led the NBA in "Defensive Win Shares" the past two seasons and has always been a solid defensive rebounder.
Was near the top of my short list. Even with middle school level ft shooting.
His impact on the boards and D can't be scoffed at.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

As a reminder; No penalty for weekends..

We all have a mobile, so very nice to still check and pick away. It's preferred but not required.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Isn't Chris Paul style's property? I'm confused.
Paul George you mean?
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

mglviks wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:17 pm
Paul George you mean?
I sent a PM over to Style (who opened it recently, which is good), I was joking that SMY should hold up the Draft so I don't look like I am the one doing it. I am trying to get Chris Paul because I really like his fit with my nightmare superstar.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i had this really dynamic young player in mind for my next pick - and he's still available - but when i sat down and looked at it hard, i can't NOT pick the wily vet.

with the 47th pick, the Clippers take PG Kyle Lowry.

he's short, he's stubby, he's 34, he doesn't even look like an nba player. but he was a very important cog on a recent championship team, he's as smart and competitive a leader as they come, and this season he and Pascal led their Raptors to a first place spot in the Atlantic Division with a 46-18 record. the proof's in the pudding. 20/5/8 and 1.3 spg on 51%/35%/86%. he's still a dogged, pesky defender - he still can thread the needle on a full court pass - he's still one of the best PG post defenders in the league (go figure) - he still hits a good share of the 8+ threes he attempts per game (35.4%) - he still has an uncanny and improbable way of finishing around and thru bigs at the rim (better numbers there than kyrie). i honestly don't get it - but i'm not going to argue with it. maybe because he never had superior hops and athleticism to begin with, he's not losing those things as he ages. anyway, he doesn't appear to be slowing down and i'm thrilled to find him still on the board at 47 to lead my team.

PG - Kyle Lowry
SG - Khris Middleton
SF - Jayson Tatum/Khris Middleton
PF - Jayson Tatum
C -
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

^^^You bastard, every fucking pick with this guy. Great value pick.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:20 pm
mglviks wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:17 pm
Paul George you mean?
I sent a PM over to Style (who opened it recently, which is good), I was joking that SMY should hold up the Draft so I don't look like I am the one doing it. I am trying to get Chris Paul because I really like his fit with my nightmare superstar.
Gotcha. There's some very solid pgs left. Imo

But each to their own.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

AND .... with the 48th pick in the froobdraft, Son of Yummy and the Raptors select:

C/PF Nikola Vucevic

PG:
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Paul George
PF: Nikola Vucevic
C: Nikola Vucevic
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 pm ^^^You bastard, every fucking pick with this guy. Great value pick.
you know, he was way down my list last night. like 5th or 6th. until i just sat down and started looking at some numbers and tape and commentary - and then the clouds kind of parted with angelic choirs sort of thing.
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 pm
Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 pm ^^^You bastard, every fucking pick with this guy. Great value pick.
you know, he was way down my list last night. like 5th or 6th. until i just sat down and started looking at some numbers and tape and commentary - and then the clouds kind of parted with angelic choirs sort of thing.
He is only a small bit worse than Chris Paul, so I was really hoping he would fall and I could just skip the trade all together. I am going to wait a bit longer on a response, and if I don't get one, I will just manufacture a pick.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Thought Lowery would go a hair earlier. To win in it all in 1 year, for sure a general I would like to have.
j2j

Re: **9th Annual NBA froob Draft** #49 Dome is otc

Post by j2j »

Lowry is a nice pick, he was on my secondary list.

Still hanging on to 2 guys I want, and like 10 picks to go... 0% chance they're both there.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Domejandro wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 pm
He is only a small bit worse than Chris Paul, so I was really hoping he would fall and I could just skip the trade all together. I am going to wait a bit longer on a response, and if I don't get one, I will just manufacture a pick.
i'll just use the old "great minds think alike" bit.
Style

Post by Style »

j2j wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:31 pm Lowry is a nice pick, he was on my secondary list.

Still hanging on to 2 guys I want, and like 10 picks to go... 0% chance they're both there.
Best trade up with me or I’ll snipe you on purpose!!!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
j2j

Post by j2j »

Style wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:31 pm Lowry is a nice pick, he was on my secondary list.

Best trade up with me or I’ll snipe you on purpose!!!
You steal Sabonis from me and I'll be pissed.

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 am come on mlhouse. get those buttcheeks out of bed, fire up the grill, grab a grain belt, toss a cherry bomb over your neighbors fence, and make a pick!

happy 4th everyone.
Fuck you. I might just sit on the pick for a while just to annoy you.
I’d expect no other response from a dick like you.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Dome and bombers here! Hoping we get 2 more selections!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Might be willing to move down a couple of spots! Lmk
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

I fell asleep soon after my last post, Style responded ages so. Not going to bother looking at the list, since I am on mobile and have to go to work. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

Massive drop off in talent, so I might as well take an upside pick.