Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

To my Minnesotan friends

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

To my Minnesotan friends

Post by LordNu »

I am watching what is happening in the US right now, specifically in Minneapolis, and I have no words.

I find it confronting and distressing, especially because I speak with you guys every day.

I could wade into your politics, but I try to stay as impartial as it is not my place to tell you how to fix the country.

All I really care about at present is that you are all alright.

Please stay safe.
somuchyummy

Re: To my Minnesotan friends

Post by somuchyummy »

thanks Lord. it's a crazy time - needed, but much anguish and anxiety in the air.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 am Hopefully things get back to normal soon and you all just have to worry about a plague...
this is the new normal.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Remember when things were normal in America and it was Australia that was on fire?

Member?

Hope all is well down under too. Thanks for taking care of Tom Hanks. He’s a national treasure!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 am Remember when things were normal in America and it was Australia that was on fire?

Member?

Hope all is well down under too. Thanks for taking care of Tom Hanks. He’s a national treasure!
How quickly things change :no:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Stay safe yourself. And everyone else.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 pm I am watching what is happening in the US right now, specifically in Minneapolis, and I have no words.

I find it confronting and distressing, especially because I speak with you guys every day.

I could wade into your politics, but I try to stay as impartial as it is not my place to tell you how to fix the country.

Please stay safe.
Thanks, but feel free to cannonball into the American politics Pool. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s.

Edit: honestly, I can’t wait until our biggest concern is who our backup center is.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

2020 seems to keep fucking up. The Bushfires are all but forgotten, those communities are still screwed. We have had other disasters occur in Victoria, a pandemic to come cripple us, then the US starts to turn on itself.

Climate change (although getting a small reprieve) is still going to come back with a vengeance.

Other nefarious countries are going to take complete advantage of these situation.

We need unity and direction.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:40 pm 2020 seems to keep fucking up. The Bushfires are all but forgotten, those communities are still screwed. We have had other disasters occur in Victoria, a pandemic to come cripple us, then the US starts to turn on itself.

Climate change (although getting a small reprieve) is still going to come back with a vengeance.

Other nefarious countries are going to take complete advantage of these situation.

We need unity and direction.
THIBBS!

Peace to you NordNu! :thumbsup:

Ok seriously,

I have grown up in South Minneapolis, still live here and raising a family here some 50 some odd years later.

Watching all this has been beyond anything I could have ever imagined happening here. I walked from the Lake Street bridge to the Target on Sunday and took my son with me. I grew up here and shopped in every one of those places and remember being young enough to get lost in the toy section at that Target (numerous times). The area is now what I would imagine a war zone looks like.

I am not going to try and dig into here what or why I think we are where we are at.

I am really bummed out about all of it right now.

Hopefully we can get our collective shit together here and move forward.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Peaceful protests today. That's good. Fuck, that's great.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Thanks LordNu :beer:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:20 pm Thanks LordNu :beer:
:thumbsup:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 pm I am watching what is happening in the US right now, specifically in Minneapolis, and I have no words.

Please stay safe.
Thanks, Nu. Several buildings burned down within blocks of us and it’s been a long past 9 days.

It’s been stressful and I’m not even protesting or a member of the group most impacted by this.

Pretty much just done.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Love you Nu. Thanks for the wishes. Felt the same when you were all on fire. Hope they do something about it all instead of waiting for it to all go away.
My heart is family.