Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

July 22nd - NBA Restart Date

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

July 22nd - NBA Restart Date

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Per Sam Amick, July 22nd will be the restart date for the NBA
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: July 22nd - NBA Restart Date

Post by RubeTube »

Finishing the regular season is idiotic. Just start the playoffs.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:34 pm Finishing the regular season is idiotic. Just start the playoffs.
Yea I think they are still discussing that part.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

are there any other players in the league in the situation like larry nance jr is in? i know he's not crazy about the restart because of his crohn's disease - wouldn't be surprised if he opts for some kind of medical out.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I mean, theres no point in teams like the Wolves playing now, other than our own entertainment, but I think that can be put to the side for now...just get to the playoffs already...

or...

Increase playoffs from 16 teams to 24...the remaining 8 teams have a playoffs in place of the lottery. The better you do in the playoffs, the better your draft pick. This would give meaning to every team in the league, and would be great for fans. The first 6 teams who are eliminated from the championship playoffs in the first round have a lottery among them, for picks 9-14.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:34 pm Finishing the regular season is idiotic. Just start the playoffs.
Agreed, it's playoff time, we are not going to make it, whats the point of playing now? The top 8 are pretty much settled?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I thought I read June... JULY???????
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 pm are there any other players in the league in the situation like larry nance jr is in? i know he's not crazy about the restart because of his crohn's disease - wouldn't be surprised if he opts for some kind of medical out.
I don't get what the big deal is on this. How is this now not different than Chris Bosh?
You're not entitled to an NBA job, and if you're not capable/comfortable with the medical situation than its not the responsibility of the rest of the union to placate your needs.

You've made enough money to set yourself up for the rest of your life, and can start the next chapter of your life at 27 and healthy.
Shake every one's hand, walk with your head held high.
Share your story to let others know that its okay to speak as well, but that should really be the end, right?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:25 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 pm are there any other players in the league in the situation like larry nance jr is in? i know he's not crazy about the restart because of his crohn's disease - wouldn't be surprised if he opts for some kind of medical out.
I don't get what the big deal is on this. How is this now not different than Chris Bosh?
You're not entitled to an NBA job, and if you're not capable/comfortable with the medical situation than its not the responsibility of the rest of the union to placate your needs.

You've made enough money to set yourself up for the rest of your life, and can start the next chapter of your life at 27 and healthy.
Shake every one's hand, walk with your head held high.
Share your story to let others know that its okay to speak as well, but that should really be the end, right?
and that's what he'd probably do. he's a bright guy and i think, with all the health struggles he's overcome to get to the nba, he understands that covid on top of crohn's could go very very wrong.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Sounds good. Now lets just keep the Wolves and the bottom 8 or so teams out of it.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:21 am I thought I read June... JULY???????
Whats the reason for the wait?

Why not restart within a week or so?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am

i'm sure most of these guys haven't stayed in playing shape. there'd be an absolute glut of pulled hamstrings.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:43 am
witljon wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am

i'm sure most of these guys haven't stayed in playing shape. there'd be an absolute glut of pulled hamstrings.
I’m sure they have a bunch of crap to figure out logistically and for safety of the players - don’t know if they will orcwon’t have fans and how to manage that.

Then there is the issue of what the hell they are playing for and which teams are going to play.

Players like Lillard already saying they won’t play if they don’t get a shot to play for the playoffs.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 pm I mean, theres no point in teams like the Wolves playing now, other than our own entertainment, but I think that can be put to the side for now...just get to the playoffs already...

or...

Increase playoffs from 16 teams to 24...the remaining 8 teams have a playoffs in place of the lottery. The better you do in the playoffs, the better your draft pick. This would give meaning to every team in the league, and would be great for fans. The first 6 teams who are eliminated from the championship playoffs in the first round have a lottery among them, for picks 9-14.
Plus the Wolves are in the group of top 3 for the first pick. Any more of the season for the Wolves might jeopardize that.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Report: No consensus yet on NBA plan to return to play

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/05/29/ ... lan-return
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

End the regular season for shits sake.

I think they should just start the playoffs like normal with how teams are standing now. None of these late seeded teams are winning it all anyway. Hell, most of the middle seeded teams have no chance.

If you need to bring other teams back, do a 1 game play in.

Edit: Just checked the records. The East is set. The next team back of the 8 seed is a ways back and Portland is 3 back in the West.

Just start the damn playoffs.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Will we receive fines for not playing our best side now?
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Looks like the players will have a vote on this Thursday to resume the season July 31.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Who cares?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm End the regular season for shits sake.

I think they should just start the playoffs like normal with how teams are standing now. None of these late seeded teams are winning it all anyway. Hell, most of the middle seeded teams have no chance.

Edit: Just checked the records. The East is set. The next team back of the 8 seed is a ways back and Portland is 3 back in the West.

That is without question the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen in the NBA and I'm a fucking Wolves fan. The amount of things the are jeopardizing for WHAT? So Portland can try one more time not to fail? So Zion gets another shot not to miss half the season? Does anyone really even remember 1 tenth of this season?

Just start the playoffs you dip shits. Do you really think if you give Lillard 8 more games to make the playoffs he's going to play them all if they lose the 1st 2? You think all the players on teams eliminated stick around to play it out? If Mem and NO are fighting for the last spot and Mem gets to play Port with Lillard and NO get forfeited to how is that fair you fucking morons? All of this so the 8th place team gets a fair shot with the 11th to get swept in the 1st round? Half wit re-tards. Go ahead and bet the playoffs get fucked by this if they do go that way.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:25 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:34 pm End the regular season for shits sake.

That is without question the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen in the NBA and I'm a fucking Wolves fan. The amount of things the are jeopardizing for WHAT? So Portland can try one more time not to fail? So Zion gets another shot not to miss half the season? Does anyone really even remember 1 tenth of this season?

Just start the playoffs you dip shits. Do you really think if you give Lillard 8 more games to make the playoffs he's going to play them all if they lose the 1st 2? You think all the players on teams eliminated stick around to play it out? If Mem and NO are fighting for the last spot and Mem gets to play Port with Lillard and NO get forfeited to how is that fair you fucking morons? All of this so the 8th place team gets a fair shot with the 11th to get swept in the 1st round? Half wit re-tards. Go ahead and bet the playoffs get fucked by this if they do go that way.
somewhere in your equation you have forgotten that the nba will use every opportunity at its disposal to bring in cash. number one consideration - with every other consideration tied for 99th.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:30 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:25 am

somewhere in your equation you have forgotten that the nba will use every opportunity at its disposal to bring in cash. number one consideration - with every other consideration tied for 99th.
So win a million dollars and then buy a million more lotto tickets so you can win 2 million right? 2 mil more than 1 right? Can you see how that jeopardizes you being a millionaire? You think the NBA is risking a bunch of money lost if 6 extra teams don't get to play 10 extra games? That's ludicrous. You think they are the only shot at meaningful sports at a time there is zero other entertainment to compete with and have no leverage? Think their national TV partners are gonna put the wood to them and risk their shot at being the only game in town? The NBA says we are starting the playoffs tomorrow and they will be shortened series until the finals and national TV say....................HOW HIGH!

The literal only game in town. And they are gonna risk that for 2-3 games of Lillard and then his backup (maybe) for 7 when he goes home. And when just one of these players on these scrub teams has the virus and rubs up on 30 guys in 4-5 days and it's all around the rest until the season gets cancelled? How's the response gonna be to getting teased with FINALLY something and then it's gone for what? It's too much of a risk to have Lebron's wife there but the fucking Portland Trailblazers team, coaches, staff is not? Plus the other scrub teams. And this is all..........................................listen closely.......................this is all........
HERE IT COMES.....................Ready? For a bunch of teams none of which are less than 8 MOTHERFUCKING GAMES within .500. That's who they risk the playoffs for. Spurs are really putting it on the line and have the right to play more to try to get ..................less than 9 games under .500. They have earned the right to SUCK MY DICK.

RE-motherfucking-TARDED
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hey, i agree with you.

but i do think the nba just looks at getting as many fucking games played as can possibly be fucking played. are they lacking in the brain dept? that doesn't make them unique as decision makers. example: tonight, the floyd protest is taking place on an interstate highway - that had already been shut down - big wide open area with little chance for property destruction. yet, let's send a huge armed police contingent down there to bust it up! why and again why? fucking road wasn't being used at the time anyway. fucking PERFECT place to hold a protest. anyway, i get distracted. mgmt in any area OFTEN makes horseasshiturd decisions.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am Who cares?
You're just pissed because there won't be any summer league.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:29 am
:lol:

How will the nation recover from the loss of 1-on-5 basketball?

If we can’t watch a league of which Niklas Tskitishvili can be the MVP, I don’t want to live!

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:05 am

If we can’t watch a league of which Niklas Tskitishvili can be the MVP, I don’t want to live!
is he the one who looked like stewie?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:05 am

is he the one who looked like stewie?
No. That was Pecherov or something like that.

Stewie...

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that comp was so dead on.

Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the NBA's planned vote on Thursday to approve the restart format is expected to "overwhelmingly pass."
Woj added that the NBA will iron out the details this week, but it sounds like the 22-team plan continues to gain steam. That would likely mean we'll see a few regular season games before a play-in tournament for the final playoff spots. As previously reported, the NBA is still targeting July 31 for the resumption of games
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 pm hey, i agree with you.

but i do think the nba just looks at getting as many fucking games played as can possibly be fucking played. are they lacking in the brain dept? that doesn't make them unique as decision makers. example: tonight, the floyd protest is taking place on an interstate highway - that had already been shut down - big wide open area with little chance for property destruction. yet, let's send a huge armed police contingent down there to bust it up! why and again why? fucking road wasn't being used at the time anyway. fucking PERFECT place to hold a protest. anyway, i get distracted. mgmt in any area OFTEN makes horseasshiturd decisions.
It just kills me who they are tying to appease. How many of those players on those way below .500 teams even want to play? What you have is a ton of extra risk for little to no reward. Asinine. You call espn and TNT and say you pay us the full amount or we'll see you next year. And we'll remember you next negotiation. They would beg to pay up. Or they can re-run another Jordan Bulls game and Skull Island for the hundredth time in the last 2 months.

And explaining policing in Minneapolis is like trying to explain................well, anything Wolves related. One thing for sure there will be a lot of choking.