Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

New Top 25 Current NBA Players List

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

New Top 25 Current NBA Players List

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Here’s My Top 25 Best Current #NBA  Players Rankings:

Kawhi
Lebron
Giannis
KD
Curry
Harden
AD
Embiid
Jokic
PG13

Luka
Klay
Dame
Russ
Butler
Towns
Gobert
Kyrie
CP3
Siakim

Porzingas
Simmons
Beal
Tatum/Kemba
DLo/Mitchell
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Thu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Re: New Top 25 Current NBA Players List

Post by UnFadeable21 »

So we got two wolves on my rankings with Dlo at 25 and Kat at 16. I believe the Timberwolves will make the playoffs next year

What’s your rankings in order?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think you can't put 27 players on your list of top 25.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

It looks like you actually have DLo tied for 26, not 25th
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:02 pm i think you can't put 27 players on your list of top 25.
24 is a tie for Celtics fans who either think Tatum is the best on their team or Kemba, their max contact guy
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:31 pm It looks like you actually have DLo tied for 26, not 25th
I have Mitchell and Dlo tied for 25th
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:31 pm It looks like you actually have DLo tied for 26, not 25th
26th. You have 25 players ahead of them.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:32 pm
Kemba and Tatum are tied for 24th

Only one Celtics makes the list
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Then why do you have two listed?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Then why do you have two listed?
Personal preference for Boston fans to choose one
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Klay Thompson is about 20 spots too high.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Donny Mitch takes a poo on Dlo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

I wouldn't put Embiid above Luka or Dame.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:56 pm I wouldn't put Embiid above Luka or Dame.
with you on that. embiid can be dominant - and then.... pooff, not so dominant. IMO there's too much non-bb related crap going on between his ears. dame's had a much stronger career - and doncic is just such a refreshing real deal. i did a double take when i just looked up his 2nd year stats in this abbreviated season - 29/9/9 - (but also the rare gem who makes his teammates better). are you kidding me?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:12 pm
j2j wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:56 pm I wouldn't put Embiid above Luka or Dame.
with you on that. embiid can be dominant - and then.... pooff, not so dominant. IMO there's too much non-bb related crap going on between his ears. dame's had a much stronger career - and doncic is just such a refreshing real deal. i did a double take when i just looked up his 2nd year stats in this abbreviated season - 29/9/9 - (but also the rare gem who makes his teammates better). are you kidding me?
Exactly, especially considering how many games Embiid misses.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Embiid is straight garbage. Not winning anything with him as your top player.

Maybe as a #2 or #3. Buckets was the best player they had.

Embiid dominates at a position where nobody dominates at anymore.

This mental Little Person would have got his shit pushed in by the top bigs of the past.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:21 pm Embiid is straight garbage. Not winning anything with him as your top player.

This mental Little Person would have got his shit pushed in by the top bigs of the past.
I agree that you can't really carry a team throughout the season as a traditional 5, but I disagree that he would get his shit pushed in in the past. His style of play would fit very well into old eras.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Luka top 10

Dlo, Beal, and Porzingis not top 25

Klay, Gobert, Embiid lower

Missing Young
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:59 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:21 pm Embiid is straight garbage. Not winning anything with him as your top player.

I agree that you can't really carry a team throughout the season as a traditional 5, but I disagree that he would get his shit pushed in in the past. His style of play would fit very well into old eras.
He can't stay healthy in a era where no one bangs.

Imagine this brother having to bang with the likes of Shaq, Robinson etc.. The list goes on and on. One game against Shaq and Joyce would be done for the season.

Embiid ain't shit. He's a last gen Brad Daugherty

Lulz
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 am

Imagine this brother having to bang with the likes of Shaq, Robinson etc.. The list goes on and on. One game against Shaq and Joyce would be done for the season.

Lulz
yeah, the injury thing is definitely a thing with him that I wasn't thinking much about when I posted that.

I do think players played through injuries more in early eras though. I think front offices drive the bug of "injuries" in the new era now. Teams are so cautious with injuries that a player could likely play through...Instead of being as competitive as they can be now, teams are focusing on health for the post-season, or keeping a player sidelined to tank. I feel Embiid would play through some of his injuries in earlier eras...

like, looking at this recent MJ documentary, the dude was told his career could end, and the FO still gave him the green light to play (albeit with limited minutes) when a higher draft pick was on the line. That kind of shit wouldn't fly in today's game, even if the player demanded it, like MJ supposedly did.

The expectation in older eras was to play through injuries, and I expect it would have been the same for Embiid. The toughness from older eras didn't come solely from the players, it also came from the front offices wanting to have their best team on the floor.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:47 am

Lulz
yeah, the injury thing is definitely a thing with him that I wasn't thinking much about when I posted that.

I do think players played through injuries more in early eras though. I think front offices drive the bug of "injuries" in the new era now. Teams are so cautious with injuries that a player could likely play through...Instead of being as competitive as they can be now, teams are focusing on health for the post-season, or keeping a player sidelined to tank. I feel Embiid would play through some of his injuries in earlier eras...

like, looking at this recent MJ documentary, the dude was told his career could end, and the FO still gave him the green light to play (albeit with limited minutes) when a higher draft pick was on the line. That kind of shit wouldn't fly in today's game, even if the player demanded it, like MJ supposedly did.

The expectation in older eras was to play through injuries, and I expect it would have been the same for Embiid. The toughness from older eras didn't come solely from the players, it also came from the front offices wanting to have their best team on the floor.
The front offices haven't changed baby boy.

I didn't watch that documentary but my guess is Jordan was at theater stages of his career when they let that happen. Could be wrong as i didn't watch the documentary.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:58 am

Lulz

I didn't watch that documentary but my guess is Jordan was at theater stages of his career when they let that happen. Could be wrong as i didn't watch the documentary.
I know that was supposed to say the later stages but you hit the nail. Stories like that are the theater stages of the post career. Old men telling whoppers. There is not a good sports story that exaggerating won't make better.

What I always found interesting was how it really was the money that broke that team up. Jordan had already quit on a whim once. No max salaries. He could have asked for anything. Pippin pissed about his low market deal. Much less TV money. A coach who if still there, would not let the team be broke up without a huge stink. Role players with championships unlikely to take a lot more discounts. The best team in the league still by a lot broke it up on purpose with more championships likely. Different times. GS paid 200mil in Lux for 1 more run at it. Probably 350 mil those last 2 years. Word I remember was that the Bulls really jacked their season ticket prices and demanded you buy them for 5 years in advance.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

shoteh wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:04 am Luka top 10

Dlo, Beal, and Porzingis not top 25

Klay, Gobert, Embiid lower

Missing Young
Dlo was an all star and took his team to the playoffs

Trae young has not elevated Atl yet
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:58 am

Lulz

it was like, his second year in the league
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

1 - kawhi
2 - freak
3 - bron
4 - steph
5 - durant
6 - AD
7 - harden (i know he's low, but hate him)
8 - PG13
9 - luka
10 - zion
11 - dame
12 - westbrook
13 - dipo
14 - klay
15 - middleton
16 - butler
17 - embiid
18 - kyrie (ditto for kyrie)
19 - KAT
20 - jokic
21 - beal
22 - simmons
23 - kemba
24 - gobert
25 - siakam
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm 1 - kawhi
2 - freak
3 - bron
4 - steph
5 - durant
6 - AD
7 - harden (i know he's low, but hate him)
8 - PG13
9 - luka
10 - zion
11 - dame
12 - westbrook
13 - dipo
14 - klay
15 - middleton
16 - butler
17 - embiid
18 - kyrie (ditto for kyrie)
19 - KAT
20 - jokic
21 - beal
22 - simmons
23 - kemba
24 - gobert
25 - siakam
Zion is pretty high
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

put him there on massive talent and impact. he's pretty unstoppable right now - even if it's early. i'm one of those in the camp though who think he won't have a long career unless he loses a bunch of pounds.

the surprise for me was middleton. i just forget about him - like nearly everyone else does. but why? 2nd best player on the winningest team in the league - 21 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg and a spg. great defender and good teammate. knows his place in the pecking order. 91% from the line and 42% from three. so i chucked him in there at the end - 25th - until i looked up the list and just thought about who i think brings the most value. and for me, then he went all the way up to 15th - just ahead of butler. because honestly IMO he's everything you get with jimmy butler - but with better shooting and none of the bullshit. seriously, think about what our team might be if the trade for butler had been for middleton instead.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

No Booker?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 amNo Booker?
No.

DLO isn't on my list either.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

LordNu wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 amNo Booker?
not a fan.