Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KG #20?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

KG #20?

Post by Moses Scurry »

Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: KG #20?

Post by Lightning »

I'm too biased, favorite player and all. Maybe #20 is about right but I can accept the argument it's too high as well.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Lightning wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:41 pm I'm too biased, favorite player and all. Maybe #20 is about right but I can accept the argument it's too high as well.
I think he's criminally underrated, but then I see the players ahead of him and think, hard to move him up in reality.

Is Dirk better? That's borderline maybe.
Dr. J? No clue.
Steph? Steph on the 90/00's Twolves is not a playoff team I would guess.
Durant? He's a big vagina that had to go to a historically great team to win.

I dunno. :thinking:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:08 pm
Lightning wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:41 pm I'm too biased, favorite player and all. Maybe #20 is about right but I can accept the argument it's too high as well.
I think he's criminally underrated, but then I see the players ahead of him and think, hard to move him up in reality.

Dr. J? No clue.

Its weird this comes up today. I never really thought about Dirk over KG, but for the first time ever, that argument popped up in my head last night.

Their career accomplishments are pretty similar.

Dirk stands out a bit with 3 more all NBA teams, and a finals MVP

KG's got 12 all defensive teams over Dirk though, and a DPOY.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

My thoughts are that there is far better basketball discussion and analysis to be found on the internet about this subject and the people who partake in those discussions tend to have Garnett rated much higher than that.

To be fair, I see that Snellings took part in this project and you will not find a more knowledgeable Garnett fan on the internet and I'm pretty sure he has Garnett in his top 5 all-time. I'd bet he had to lobby pretty hard against the rest of these jokers to even get Garnett ranked in the top 20.

A much more thorough and well researched list of the top 40 can be found here: https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-ba ... a-history/ and Garnett is ranked 8th.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:43 am My thoughts are that there is far better basketball discussion and analysis to be found on the internet about this subject and the people who partake in those discussions tend to have Garnett rated much higher than that.

To be fair, I see that Snellings took part in this project and you will not find a more knowledgeable Garnett fan on the internet and I'm pretty sure he has Garnett in his top 5 all-time. I'd bet he had to lobby pretty hard against the rest of these jokers to even get Garnett ranked in the top 20.

A much more thorough and well researched list of the top 40 can be found here: https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-ba ... a-history/ and Garnett is ranked 8th.
I know, I love that whole article.

KG specific info:
https://backpicks.com/2018/03/19/backpi ... n-garnett/

Basically, if KG was a bit more of a prolific scorer in the half court, he's a top 5 player.
Style

Post by Style »

His wasted career here stings more and more as the years go by.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Style wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm His wasted career here stings more and more as the years go by.
“Wasted” is subjective and I bet KG himself would take issue with it. But there is a long list of impressive athletes that have come through Minnesota without being able to win a world title while here.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
j2j

Post by j2j »

20 seems about right, maybe a tad too high. Having him higher than Dwyane Wade seems wrong too me, but I'd say KG is right about 20, give or take.

Seems a bit early to put Giannis that high, holy cow. Lot of projection there.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Dr. J? No clue.

Last time I checked KG had to join a big 3 to win.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:43 am My thoughts are that there is far better basketball discussion and analysis to be found on the internet about this subject and the people who partake in those discussions tend to have Garnett rated much higher than that.

Are these the jokers that put KG over Kobe?

:lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Are these the jokers that put KG over Kobe?

:lol:
Yeah, and Magic, Bird, and others... I think Zeitgeist is KG, though. He goes into unhinged rage mode anytime someone doesn't think KG is the greatest player ever to lace up a pair of Converse.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

j2j and Sergeant Rubetube are not serious posters, whether it is by choice or simply a matter of limited potential, they are not mentally equipped to take part in this conversation. :D
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.