Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

You're good enough for D1 hoops at any school, where do you go?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

You're good enough for D1 hoops at any school, where do you go?

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm going to Kentucky.

I made a mistake going to UNLV. :oops:
bri

Re: You're good enough for D1 hoops at any school, where do you go?

Post by bri »

Stay home try to build the U of M up............ or end up regretting it
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Am I good enough to be one and done and on to the NBA? Or good enough for a solid 4-year career? That changes the choice.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:25 pm Am I good enough to be one and done and on to the NBA? Or good enough for a solid 4-year career? That changes the choice.
Either, both, I don't really care, up to you my friend.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:39 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:25 pm Am I good enough to be one and done and on to the NBA? Or good enough for a solid 4-year career? That changes the choice.
Either, both, I don't really care, up to you my friend.
One & done - Duke
Four years - depends who the coach is at the U. Pitino, no thanks. Then maybe Florida or Florida St, Miami., Arizona/Arizona St... Go where the girls are and get the real experience. lol
Let's get Tropical
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Back in my day I wanted to play for Pete Correll at Princeton. I am a loyal guy so I would stay in state if I had the option.
D_H

Post by D_H »

This is an easy answer - wherever I get paid the most.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:20 am I'm going to Kentucky.

Where you became a legend?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

bri wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 pm Stay home try to build the U of M up....
Said no one ever in the past two decades.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Duke if I was an actual D1 hoop teenage recruit able to go to any school. North Carolina 2nd. Wake Forest 3rd but Wake is my favorite team.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Whats D1?
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

If I am a top NBA prospect, I'm going to Kentucky or Duke.

If I'm a fringe NBA talent who likely will need an education to fall back on, it depends.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

If I’m a one and done I go to Kentucky, if I want to take a few years to develop my skills I go to duke
D_H

Post by D_H »

LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:57 pmWhats D1?
Division 1 dumb ass

Haha
Just busting your balls.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'll go against the flow here and saying something like dayton or creighton or xavier. i'm going under the assumption that - if i were nba material - i would not be zion like, but way more middling. and you'd have a better shot at making a name for yourself at a smaller school -and not getting lost in the duke/kentucky freshman shuffle as that middling talent.

case in point - our own jarred vanderbilt. one abbreviated year at kentucky, one of the better rebounders in college, but comes out and goes 41st. what if instead he had gone to xavier or dayton, played two seasons and was - especially against that comp - the dominant rebounder in college? plus on that team and with his ball skills, he gets the ball in his hands much more often than he had the opportunity to at kentucky. my guess is that he goes top 20, maybe top 15.

and even in the case of a better talent like toppin. if he was sharing the court at kentucky with 4 other 2020 nba draft picks (maxey, quickley, hagans, richards) would his bright light have shown as brightly as it did at dayton?
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:53 pm
Division 1 dumb ass

Haha
Just busting your balls.
:twisted:

I know nothing about US college ball. You have so many random divisions and conferences in there.
D_H

Post by D_H »

:gun:
LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Division 1 dumb ass

Haha
Just busting your balls.

I know nothing about US college ball. You have so many random divisions and conferences in there.
[/https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/h ... -divisions
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 pm :gun:
LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Division 1 dumb ass

Haha
Just busting your balls.

[/https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/h ... -divisions
:thumbsup:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

This real?

You played for UNLV? thats dope.

This you, Rashad Vaughn?
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

St. Johns.

If you are a superstar, there is no bigger stage than NYC and playing some games at the Garden.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Louisville. It's my favorite team, but also I'm a fan of their recruiting tactics.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

bri wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 pm Stay home try to build the U of M up............ or end up regretting it
I think the whole key for blue chip recruits to stay at MN is to convince the other blue chippers in the class to stay too. Last class that could have truly made a lasting splash on this program, and changed things for years to come was the Tyus/Reid/Vaughn class. Those three guys commit, and it changes the history of the program. Whether or not Vaughn and Tyus were still one and dones, it would open the door for future classes. It becomes the vogue thing to stay home, and maybe we get Tre and the better Hurt in upcoming years.

I remember some rumors about those three guys not really liking each other though, so there may have never really been a shot at them. And its not like they made bad choices either. Two of them went in the first round. One of them is college basketball immortality after his season at Duke. Need the PJ Fleck of basketball to come here for that perfect storm again, and bring 2 or 3 of those in state guys to blow this program up for the better. With the talent coming out of Minnesota in recent years, this program could reach great heights just by a coach turning it into the vogue thing for local kids to stay home.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

sh1mmyya wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 pm Louisville. It's my favorite team, but also I'm a fan of their recruiting tactics.
:lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:03 pm
bri wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 pm Stay home try to build the U of M up............ or end up regretting it
I think the whole key for blue chip recruits to stay at MN is to convince the other blue chippers in the class to stay too. Last class that could have truly made a lasting splash on this program, and changed things for years to come was the Tyus/Reid/Vaughn class. Those three guys commit, and it changes the history of the program. Whether or not Vaughn and Tyus were still one and dones, it would open the door for future classes. It becomes the vogue thing to stay home, and maybe we get Tre and the better Hurt in upcoming years.

I remember some rumors about those three guys not really liking each other though, so there may have never really been a shot at them. And its not like they made bad choices either. Two of them went in the first round. One of them is college basketball immortality after his season at Duke. Need the PJ Fleck of basketball to come here for that perfect storm again, and bring 2 or 3 of those in state guys to blow this program up for the better. With the talent coming out of Minnesota in recent years, this program could reach great heights just by a coach turning it into the vogue thing for local kids to stay home.
the trouble i had with the tyus/reid/vaughn class was that -and maybe i'm wrong, but my guess is that that's where the U put their efforts into recruiting. when tyus himself all along said that jp macura was as good as any of them, but didn't get the press. he goes instead to xavier - has a great career there - and to me, that's the realistic guy we should have been going after all along - not three blue chippers that were a 1000 to 1 chance of signing here. macura would have been a great 4 year gopher.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am

the trouble i had with the tyus/reid/vaughn class was that -and maybe i'm wrong, but my guess is that that's where the U put their efforts into recruiting. when tyus himself all along said that jp macura was as good as any of them, but didn't get the press. he goes instead to xavier - has a great career there - and to me, that's the realistic guy we should have been going after all along - not three blue chippers that were a 1000 to 1 chance of signing here. macura would have been a great 4 year gopher.
I recall Dick Pit not really even going after Tyus, he went through the motions of giving him an offer just so the local media wouldn't blast him, but I remember articles and rumors about the two having barely any contact with each other cause Dick Pit knew he couldn't get him
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

If I'm not planning on finishing my degree, I'm heading somewhere warm like UCLA, Florida, or Arizona. If I want to finish my degree, I'd consider staying home at the U of M or a private school like Duke.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Pepperdine. They say the views there are the best in the country.
I ain't talking crashing waves, if you know what I mean.
Ketchup can be nuancy
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

UCLA like my man Poop.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:51 pm

This real?

You played for UNLV? thats dope.

This you, Rashad Vaughn?
Google me.
bri

Post by bri »

Indeed, really just need to land multiple in state guys in one class. However I don't think that's ever going to happen with Pitino, and honestly if I were a recruit now I wouldn't want to stay and play for Pitino.