Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

You're good enough for D1 hoops at any school, where do you go?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: You're good enough for D1 hoops at any school, where do you go?

Post by j2j »

G-League
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Minnesota or Duke... no question.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Harvard.

All about that degree.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

I'd go play for Coach Pike at Rutgers
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

I always wanted to play for Pete Bell at Western University. They got a kid a tractor!
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

I’d go to a smaller D-1 school with a good name and stand out. Assuming I’m not the highest rated player in the nation and guaranteed #1 overall like Zion.

I’d even consider Ivy League just for the name recognition to fall back on if shit doesn’t work out. Harvard or Princeton.

But hey if I’m 18 years old I want nice weather and babes. I’m going to Stanford.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 pmG-League
True. Unless you want a shot at being the greatest Minnesota hero ever. Then you give the Gophers a year. They could be a hell of a team next year. Losing Oturo hurts big time but the transfer kids they got are really good. One is Myles Tarver who can actually score a little. The other is what Pryzabilla would have been had he stuck around. Plus Mashburn's kid. Gonna be a deep good team that just might come together quick enough to make big noise with a little PG play.

Back me up on that HHM.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

If I’m a top five in the nation type, I’m going to a school like the U of M to see if I can carry my team to the final four.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:50 am
True. Unless you want a shot at being the greatest Minnesota hero ever. Then you give the Gophers a year. They could be a hell of a team next year. Losing Oturo hurts big time but the transfer kids they got are really good. One is Myles Tarver who can actually score a little. The other is what Pryzabilla would have been had he stuck around. Plus Mashburn's kid. Gonna be a deep good team that just might come together quick enough to make big noise with a little PG play.

Back me up on that HHM.
Gophs are going to be the same team they have been for Pininos tenure. One season in the B10 with a winning record for the last 15 years. Big Ten is going to be a damn tough conference again. They will be a cut above the Northwestern Penn St, Purdue, and Nebraskas of the league, but not nearly as good as the Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana. Michigan State, Illinois, and Rutgers are going to be the top 3 teams in the B10 next year and I think any of the 3 could make deep NCAA runs.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

bombers3shooter wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:50 am

Back me up on that HHM.
Gophs are going to be the same team they have been for Pininos tenure. One season in the B10 with a winning record for the last 15 years. Big Ten is going to be a damn tough conference again. They will be a cut above the Northwestern Penn St, Purdue, and Nebraskas of the league, but not nearly as good as the Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana. Michigan State, Illinois, and Rutgers are going to be the top 3 teams in the B10 next year and I think any of the 3 could make deep NCAA runs.
Wow, didn't know we would have all the same players and play all the same players. I knew about all the same whiny, poor me fans though.