Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA coming back?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by somuchyummy »

8-) i still think there's a possibility that dome and style are one and the same.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

The Toronto Raptors are so impressive. I feel like they are the type of team David Kahn always wanted to assemble, but obviously couldn't identify talent at all. Two point guards playing together (Lowry and VanVleet), a bunch of long, athletic guys that can run the floor and defend (OG, Siakim, Ibaka), and a big center that can initiate offense and do a little bit of everything (Gasol). #LongAndAthletic #DavidKahn
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm The Toronto Raptors are so impressive. I feel like they are the type of team David Kahn always wanted to assemble, but obviously couldn't identify talent at all. Two point guards playing together (Lowry and VanVleet), a bunch of long, athletic guys that can run the floor and defend (OG, Siakim, Ibaka), and a big center that can initiate offense and do a little bit of everything (Gasol). #LongAndAthletic #DavidKahn
don't forget boucher. he's coming along too.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:43 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm The Toronto Raptors are so impressive. I feel like they are the type of team David Kahn always wanted to assemble, but obviously couldn't identify talent at all. Two point guards playing together (Lowry and VanVleet), a bunch of long, athletic guys that can run the floor and defend (OG, Siakim, Ibaka), and a big center that can initiate offense and do a little bit of everything (Gasol). #LongAndAthletic #DavidKahn
don't forget boucher. he's coming along too.
I’ve said the Raptors were no joke since I watched them play the Wolves this year. Most well rounded TEAM in the game, better than the sum of their parts.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Watched the highlights.....Butler is an abomination when it comes to crunch time. Miami needs to find another outlet besides him when the game is on the line.

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Anyone see Luka's line today? :shock: :shock:

34 points
20 rebounds
12 assists
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:27 pm Anyone see Luka's line today? :shock: :shock:

34 points
20 rebounds
12 assists
Insane.

I really think his game is wonderful, but watching him with his constant entitlement and bitching takes most of the joy out of it for me.

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Who you guys got for the 8th spot in the West? There's 5 teams in contention for it, its a very fun side story for this bubble season. Portland with a huge win vs Houston tonight, and the Suns with a huge win vs the Clippers. Been a blast to watch.

Memphis currently holds the 8. I think Portland blows past them. Veteran crew with a lot of talent. Memphis is cool, but I think their youth does them in.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

anybody else getting the impression that AD is sort of half in half out right now? he has great dominant games followed by meh. tonight danilo gallinari is outplaying him and OKC is up by 17 in the fourth. AD is something like 9 and 6. juancho numbers on a bad night. he's into his fourth bubble game and so far they've gone - 34, 14, 42 and 9. same minutes every night. i guess i'm expecting consistent greatness from someone who usually is in the discussion of top 5 players in the league.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 pm anybody else getting the impression that AD is sort of half in half out right now? he has great dominant games followed by meh. tonight danilo gallinari is outplaying him and OKC is up by 17 in the fourth. AD is something like 9 and 6. juancho numbers on a bad night. he's into his fourth bubble game and so far they've gone - 34, 14, 42 and 9. same minutes every night. i guess i'm expecting consistent greatness from someone who usually is in the discussion of top 5 players in the league.
I think the whole LAL team is this way right now. They already have the #1 in the West locked up, they arent really playing for anything right now. I imagine a switch (No Adrian) will be hit when the playoffs start.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

If you didn't watch the Mavs vs Bucks game tonight, make sure to check out Doncic's highlights from that game.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:36 pm If you didn't watch the Mavs vs Bucks game tonight, make sure to check out Doncic's highlights from that game.

Dude is 21. We are witnessing something truly special.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i love doncic and his game. but i loved this too. especially his reaction.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just a thought watching the pels-spurs game today -but - how old is zion? good lord, he looks like an old man hobbling up and down the court. hate to say it, but unless he drops 25 pounds and gets his legs fixed, i predict a short illustrious career. IMO he already looks a little broken.

just finished watching the game and yeah, 23 points - but lordy, he walks like one of his legs is 4 inches shorter than the other - that or he's got rocks in his shoes. kid moves and looks like he's in pain.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

If you want to re-live some Wolves glory days, throw on Sacto and Houston. Corey Brewer and Prince Mbah a Moute are on the floor.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:15 pm If you want to re-live some Wolves glory days, throw on Sacto and Houston. Corey Brewer and Prince Mbah a Moute are on the floor.
it would be interesting to see how many former wolves are still in the league.

okay, you twisted my arm. on it. (jeez, i'm up to six and not even thru the Bs yet.)

i'm going to start a new thread on this. look for it.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm just a thought watching the pels-spurs game today -but - how old is zion? good lord, he looks like an old man hobbling up and down the court. hate to say it, but unless he drops 25 pounds and gets his legs fixed, i predict a short illustrious career. IMO he already looks a little broken.

just finished watching the game and yeah, 23 points - but lordy, he walks like one of his legs is 4 inches shorter than the other - that or he's got rocks in his shoes. kid moves and looks like he's in pain.
I predicted on a few message boards I'm on that Zion would be a bust, not Greg Oden territory, but he will not get even close to the hype. I got laughed at...I guess we'll see who gets the last laugh in a few years.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:23 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm just a thought watching the pels-spurs game today -but - how old is zion? good lord, he looks like an old man hobbling up and down the court. hate to say it, but unless he drops 25 pounds and gets his legs fixed, i predict a short illustrious career. IMO he already looks a little broken.

I predicted on a few message boards I'm on that Zion would be a bust, not Greg Oden territory, but he will not get even close to the hype. I got laughed at...I guess we'll see who gets the last laugh in a few years.
If he busts, its certainly not lack of talent. It would be all injuries, ala Brandon Roy, or Oden.

I think he has met his rookie season hype. He's borderline dominant when he plays, in the limited minutes he does play. He's a freak, just always get the feeling he's glass, and his career could end any moment, before it even really starts. You take away his athleticism, and you take away most of what he is.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:36 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 pm anybody else getting the impression that AD is sort of half in half out right now? he has great dominant games followed by meh. tonight danilo gallinari is outplaying him and OKC is up by 17 in the fourth. AD is something like 9 and 6. juancho numbers on a bad night. he's into his fourth bubble game and so far they've gone - 34, 14, 42 and 9. same minutes every night. i guess i'm expecting consistent greatness from someone who usually is in the discussion of top 5 players in the league.
I think the whole LAL team is this way right now. They already have the #1 in the West locked up, they arent really playing for anything right now. I imagine a switch (No Adrian) will be hit when the playoffs start.
i'm not so sure. i think their weaknesses are being exposed and they are very vulnerable. AD has really not shown up for several games - which is uncharacteristic for a top 5 nba player, you would expect more pride to be involved in terms of not being bested by "lesser" players - and lebron simply isn't the same player he's been in the past. still fantastic, but i don't think able to be consistently a dominant force anymore. i don't expect them to make the finals.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

expressing my love again for kyle oquinn. wish we'd pick him up over the summer UFA for a couple mil to give us more depth at center. the guy never plays - i think last two years under 10 mpg - but he's a great teammate, great locker room guy AND when he does play - he really does alright. tonight in a loss against the suns, with embiid out, kyle goes 32 mins head to head against ayton and pretty much it's a draw, with a slight edge to oquinn. 9 pts on 4 for 6, 10 rebs, 11 assists, 2 steals and a block. set him next to naz for a year to show him the ropes of being a pro.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am quite confused by the standings and the play-in situation in the West. How does the last day of games for the Western Conference work with making the playoffs? SA could win and get in by having a better %? Portland the same w/l as Grizzlies? Suns in the mix? It's too confusing looking at the standings right now and knowing there is only another day of play.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jesus, houston. lose to the pacers today while going 16 of FIFTY-SEVEN from three. ridiculous stuck in their own box. they had 7 players who combined to miss 30 of the 35 threes they took. this is not the team nor the system i want the wolves to take their cues from. hey gerssh, you watch that one?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:13 pm jesus, houston. lose to the pacers today while going 16 of FIFTY-SEVEN from three. ridiculous stuck in their own box. they had 7 players who combined to miss 30 of the 35 threes they took. this is not the team nor the system i want the wolves to take their cues from. hey gerssh, you watch that one?
Do you and thrillkill have a contest going over whom can bitch the most about Rosas? He’s currently winning but you’re gaining ground. Don’t give up!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:13 pm jesus, houston. lose to the pacers today while going 16 of FIFTY-SEVEN from three. ridiculous stuck in their own box. they had 7 players who combined to miss 30 of the 35 threes they took. this is not the team nor the system i want the wolves to take their cues from. hey gerssh, you watch that one?
Do you and thrillkill have a contest going over whom can bitch the most about Rosas? He’s currently winning but you’re gaining ground. Don’t give up!
Did you just call me out for being 100% right from day one about the idiot? I'm so embarrassed. Sure wish I could just blend into a crowd right now......................like maybe the crowd of trust the mandate idiots. Think you can still get me in your little club? The club that thought the idiot was a genius? That we should all trust? That you were part of?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

His take away from that game would have been they lost because they didn't take enough 3's. Because he's a fucking clown that doesn't realize the guy he's copying built a roster for a mad scientist offensive coach. He didn't do it because it's some new genius philosophy sweeping the NBA. Buffoon!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hey, thrill goes off on this 24/7. i'm more likely to mention it when houston shoots a pathetic 16 of 57 in a loss - in which, you know what? maybe just MAYBE if they had worked it inside for some easier looks - they could have won the game! they lost by four. missed 41 threes and lost by 4, you want to defend that? i'm sorry, but that kind of game management is due to the rockets being crawled waaaaay too far up their own ass. and it's not an ass i want us to emulate.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:33 pm
Did you just call me out for being 100% right from day one about the idiot? I'm so embarrassed. Sure wish I could just blend into a crowd right now......................like maybe the crowd of trust the mandate idiots. Think you can still get me in your little club? The club that thought the idiot was a genius? That we should all trust? That you were part of?
I still like Rosas. I’m not sure what “club” you’re talking about. But regardless, nice rambling, incoherent post.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am in the Rosas camp atm. I think the jury is still far from making a decisive decision on how he has really performed for us. See in three years where we are.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

sacto just dumped the lakers by 20. without deaaron fox. everyone totally sure that L.A.'s alright?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:26 pm sacto just dumped the lakers by 20. without deaaron fox. everyone totally sure that L.A.'s alright?
LBJ played 15 minutes. AD didn't play. KCP didnt play. They played their whole bench extensively. their usual starters played a combined 50 minutes, whith McGee carrying the load for the starters with 21 minutes.

Maybe LA is not okay, but this certainly isn't the game to look at.