Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA coming back?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm
This shit makes no sense. Just call the season over and start with the playoffs. Makes absolutely no sense to make every team play it out. More risk, logistical nightmare. Who wants the playoffs cancelled because someone on the Knicks tests positive? Idiots.

Declare season over and set up the site to play. Hold draft lotto immediately to get juices flowing. Month late start modified playoffs with abbreviated 1st and 2nd rounds. They don't need to worry about 1 or 2 less games on TrueTV. They are gonna crush in the ratings with every game. Get it done by mid August. draft by end of August,
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm
This shit makes no sense. Just call the season over and start with the playoffs. Makes absolutely no sense to make every team play it out. More risk, logistical nightmare. Who wants the playoffs cancelled because someone on the Knicks tests positive? Idiots.

Declare season over and set up the site to play. Hold draft lotto immediately to get juices flowing. Month late start modified playoffs with abbreviated 1st and 2nd rounds. They don't need to worry about 1 or 2 less games on TrueTV. They are gonna crush in the ratings with every game. Get it done by mid August. draft by end of August,
It’s just plain stupid.

Get this season done ASAP, if any games played they should be playoff games. If you are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right now - you’re done.

Try to keep as much on track for next season as possible.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I agree that the regular season should be done and the league should start the playoffs. If you are currently in 9th, sucks to be you. Even if that team snuck up to the 8th seed, they still aren’t going to win the championship.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 am I agree that the regular season should be done and the league should start the playoffs. If you are currently in 9th, sucks to be you. Even if that team snuck up to the 8th seed, they still aren’t going to win the championship.
This. Absolutely no reason to finish the regular season games.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Good to see everyone in agreement. Have to think there is something in the TV agreement that costs them a ton if they don't play the whole season. You would have to think they could negotiate that by saying we won't even play the playoffs for a ton less. It will be the highest rated most watched thing in 20 years. There is literally no competition other than regular season baseball?

And enough pussy footing about testing. Buy a lab. Make tests for you and a bunch more to donate. Who can bitch about that? Enough of this training camp shit. 2 weeks lets go. You are fucking pros. If you were a contender and didn't stay in shape fuck you. You weren't a legit contender you softy. And if you are a 1st round out? A 2nd round out? It's less than a month. Then you are down to only dealing with 8 teams.

Stop making this shit so complicated and start the playoffs. Is anyone gonna care if the world is coming off 5 months of lockdown and a million deaths and Portland cries about not making the playoffs?
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am Stop making this shit so complicated and start the playoffs. Is anyone gonna care if the world is coming off 5 months of lockdown and a million deaths and Portland cries about not making the playoffs?
:lol: Many of your posts make you seem kind of crazy, but you are dead on with this one.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am Stop making this shit so complicated and start the playoffs. Is anyone gonna care if the world is coming off 5 months of lockdown and a million deaths and Portland cries about not making the playoffs?
:lol: Many of your posts make you seem kind of crazy, but you are dead on with this one.
Kind of? Don't underestimate me. I go all out. I'm Butler not Towns.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:00 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am
Kind of? Don't underestimate me. I go all out. I'm Butler not Towns.
:drinky:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

patrick ewing just tested positive. not sure how the nba is thinking that this is going to magically go poof and disappear. and the thing to remember is that it's NOT black and white - that you either live or you die. there are plenty of people who get this and then suffer damage to their cardiovascular systems, brain and nerve damage, kidney damage, etc.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

NHL apparently way smarter than the NBA.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I wonder if Durant will play this year?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

The eight teams who will not resume the 2019-20 season in Orlando are seeking ways to develop young players, including regional "mini summer leagues."

This could be fun. Or, an injury could end next season before it starts. Not sure how I feel. I would love to see the whole roster play some games together, but I also don't want to sacrifice next season for some freak accident that happens along the way.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

They should have lottery teams play a tournament where winner gets extra chances in lottery.

I don't know how the lottery works anymore, but give winner 5 extra ping pong balls or something.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 pm They should have lottery teams play a tournament where winner gets extra chances in lottery.

I don't know how the lottery works anymore, but give winner 5 extra ping pong balls or something.
That’s a great idea. Incentive to try. :thumbsup:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

irishman89 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:46 am The eight teams who will not resume the 2019-20 season in Orlando are seeking ways to develop young players, including regional "mini summer leagues."

This could be fun. Or, an injury could end next season before it starts. Not sure how I feel. I would love to see the whole roster play some games together, but I also don't want to sacrifice next season for some freak accident that happens along the way.
I'd be fine with the young guys playing.. I wouldn't play KAT or Russell... Beasley won't play either though since he's on track to RFA status.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_H

Post by D_H »

It’s going to be weird I think it will have the feel of summer league. I think I’m just ready to move on from the NBA until next season and get baseball going here shortly.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

This 3 month layoff has absolutely killed any momentum this season had. Its almost like a different set of teams coming back to play. I bet it will end up feeling like glorified pick up games.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:49 pm This 3 month layoff has absolutely killed any momentum this season had. Its almost like a different set of teams coming back to play. I bet it will end up feeling like glorified pick up games.
Yeah and it'll be a crapshoot who wins, potentially. Injuries may be what it all boils down to.
focker

Post by focker »

25 of 351 players have recently tested positive.

If this keeps up they may not be playing at all...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Herky

Post by Herky »

focker wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:06 pm 25 of 351 players have recently tested positive.

Yikes that's not good.
focker

Post by focker »

Herky wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:28 pm
focker wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:06 pm 25 of 351 players have recently tested positive.

Yikes that's not good.
Yeah 7.1% of the players now have it. Combine that with the guys who are refusing to play and this is starting to look pretty murky.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's a stupid idea. my cranky old man gut tells this thing will not run its full course. give it a couple games, 4-6 more players will drop and they'll scrap it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 pm it's a stupid idea. my cranky old man gut tells this thing will not run its full course. give it a couple games, 4-6 more players will drop and they'll scrap it.
Getting the same feeling. You should see how our sports codes are scrambling to salvage football seasons that were 1 or 2 rounds in before Covid started. They are all fleeing to sunny Queensland because Victoria - my state- has had hotspot outbreaks which is bringing Australia down with it.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

there's such an appeal to try to maintain "business as usual" when this is anything but a time that is usual.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I'd still be surprised if the season continued, just too many risks at this point for a game.

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 pm I'd still be surprised if the season continued, just too many risks at this point for a game.

He's not even in the bubble.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 pm I'd still be surprised if the season continued, just too many risks at this point for a game.

He's not even in the bubble.
Like I said

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... Extra-Days

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... d-Delivery

Let's face it, most of these guys aren't where they are because they are geniuses, I expect a lot more of this.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this season wrap up ain't gonna happen.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Finally!