Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA coming back?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
bubu dubu.

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by bubu dubu. »

Portland pissing down their leg?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Style

Post by Style »

Crazy finish. March Madness like.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:26 pm sacto just dumped the lakers by 20. without deaaron fox. everyone totally sure that L.A.'s alright?
LBJ played 15 minutes. AD didn't play. KCP didnt play. They played their whole bench extensively. their usual starters played a combined 50 minutes, whith McGee carrying the load for the starters with 21 minutes.

Maybe LA is not okay, but this certainly isn't the game to look at.
i get that. but deaaron fox, easily their best player, didn't play either.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

luwawu-cabarrot might be figuring things out. he's a sticky defender too with a 7-2 wingspan. nets are probably very happy to have him on board for one more season at $1.5M. i think the thing they have figured out about him is that he plays better with more minutes and also seems to show up in bigger games. he hit for over 20 just once in the season - but then 3 times in the bubble and 19 tonight. 43% from three (18 of 42) in the bubble too, after improving his three ball (a former weak spot) from a career average of 32% up to 38% this year. he's coming on. the nets really have a great record of developing guys with the gleague team. that kind of gleague mining and development is, of course, what i'd love the wolves to start figuring out.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:59 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:26 pm sacto just dumped the lakers by 20. without deaaron fox. everyone totally sure that L.A.'s alright?
LBJ played 15 minutes. AD didn't play. KCP didnt play. They played their whole bench extensively. their usual starters played a combined 50 minutes, whith McGee carrying the load for the starters with 21 minutes.

Maybe LA is not okay, but this certainly isn't the game to look at.
i get that. but deaaron fox, easily their best player, didn't play either.

if LA gets matched up with the blazers in the first round, i think they will have their hands full. they've got three good defending bigs to throw at AD - maybe they don't have a great solution for lebron - but what the hell will LA try to stop dame and mccollum with? alex caruso and quinn cook? unless dame just suddenly goes cold, i could see him absolutely torching LA every game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

man, call it the froobchat curse. we all want to go after isaac - boom, torn ACL. mo bamba trade ideas - boom, covid. derrick jones jr a great FA target - boom, neck injury. maybe we should all just keep our ideas to ourselves for a bit. the bb gods are being wonky.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Dame Dolla make you holla.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I want to see Portland get in. Dame is so ridiculous.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

YBBR wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm I want to see Portland get in. Dame is so ridiculous.
Me too. I think they could be a scary match for LA. Nurkic adds a nice dimension, and having Whiteside off the bench if AD draws Nurkic into any quick foul trouble is now a bonus.

It’s definitely the series I want to see most.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

they are pretty well situated with nurk, collins and whiteside to counter AD. lebron, if he's fully charged, will be a tough cover for them - or anyone. but who the hell is LA going to put on dame and mccollum? i might be way off, but i give portland more than a good chance to pull an upset here. and, of course, they're not really an "8th" seed. they are more like a 3 or 4 seed team who was missing two of their main frontcourt players all year - and now they're back.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

anyone else quietly barfing into their potted plant watching brandon clarke calmly hit 4 of 5 big time threes today?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Is Rondo going to be available coming up? He could put up a fight, though Lillard’s on fucking fire right now. I’ll definitely be throwing some cash on Portland to take the series though.

As for Clarke, I was pretty much Switzerland in that debate. Hadn’t seen enough of him to intelligently talk about him.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:07 pm Is Rondo going to be available coming up? He could put up a fight, though Lillard’s on fucking fire right now. I’ll definitely be throwing some cash on Portland to take the series though.

As for Clarke, I was pretty much Switzerland in that debate. Hadn’t seen enough of him to intelligently talk about him.
i think rondo has a broken hand or some such thing. i'll check. the other thing so noticeable about clarke is how springy he is under the basket with no running start. he doesn't get all the rebounds that's for sure, sometimes he's out of position, often they just bounce in other directions - but christ, when he IS there his shoes on his lift are so much higher than the other guys huddled under the hoop for rebounds. actual springs for legs.

just checked on rondo - article posted in mid july said that his broken hand was going to keep him out for 6 to 8 weeks. so yeah - don't expect to see him in the first round of playoffs.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:23 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm just a thought watching the pels-spurs game today -but - how old is zion? good lord, he looks like an old man hobbling up and down the court. hate to say it, but unless he drops 25 pounds and gets his legs fixed, i predict a short illustrious career. IMO he already looks a little broken.

just finished watching the game and yeah, 23 points - but lordy, he walks like one of his legs is 4 inches shorter than the other - that or he's got rocks in his shoes. kid moves and looks like he's in pain.
I predicted on a few message boards I'm on that Zion would be a bust, not Greg Oden territory, but he will not get even close to the hype. I got laughed at...I guess we'll see who gets the last laugh in a few years.
2 years later, and I don't think anything has happened to prove either of us wrong. He was injured again last night, just another in a long list of injuries.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

last night's injury was due to a great block at the rim by clarkson. all ball. if zion had just gone in and slammed it two hands - no muss, no fuss - there'd have been no injury. but he went for the highlight reel, brought the ball back to start a one hand windmill dunk - and that put the ball in play for clarkson to make the block. i'm not saying it was zion's fault - but he was overeager instead of just recognizing the situation and making the right play. spectacular chase down block by a hustling clarkson.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:39 am
Dan33185 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:23 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:56 pm just a thought watching the pels-spurs game today -but - how old is zion? good lord, he looks like an old man hobbling up and down the court. hate to say it, but unless he drops 25 pounds and gets his legs fixed, i predict a short illustrious career. IMO he already looks a little broken.

just finished watching the game and yeah, 23 points - but lordy, he walks like one of his legs is 4 inches shorter than the other - that or he's got rocks in his shoes. kid moves and looks like he's in pain.
I predicted on a few message boards I'm on that Zion would be a bust, not Greg Oden territory, but he will not get even close to the hype. I got laughed at...I guess we'll see who gets the last laugh in a few years.
2 years later, and I don't think anything has happened to prove either of us wrong. He was injured again last night, just another in a long list of injuries.
Well I think he's not going to be able to stay healthy until he loses weight. So he's going into the bust territory. And staring next season his salary is going to be at the max. Seems like wasted money to me.