Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Who would you rather have?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

????

KAT Lavine Wiggins
No votes
KAT Butt Wiggins
25%
KAT DLO Beasley
75%

Total votes: 16

bubu dubu.

Who would you rather have?

Post by bubu dubu. »

I know theres many moving pieces had the Wolves gone either of these three ways, and you don't need to ignore those moving pieces when voting...all things considered, which of these three would you want to have had leading the Wolves forward?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Who would you rather have?

Post by RubeTube »

Why is this even a question?

Of course it's option #2.

Wiggins Lavine and Kat never make the playoffs with that group.

Kat, Dlo, Beasley is a fringe #8 seed

Butler, Wiggins and Kat were a #3 seed before Jimmy went down.

This is the NBA, you take the top end talent. Jimmy Butler is the best.player the Wolves have ever had not named KG.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 am Why is this even a question?

This is the NBA, you take the top end talent. Jimmy Butler is the best.player the Wolves have ever had not named KG.
I guess its a question because Butt clearly couldn't coexist with KAT and Wiggins....

also, I hate the "Wolves were a #3 seed with Butt" rhetoric that many have...Butt misses games. He can't stay healthy for a full year. Its part of the package with him.
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 am

I guess its a question because Butt clearly couldn't coexist with KAT and Wiggins....

also, I hate the "Wolves were a #3 seed with Butt" rhetoric that many have...Butt misses games. Its part of the package with him.
Oh well. Many guys miss games. God forbid Boogie Towns and Sleepy Wiggins keep them.in the running. Too much to ask from these sallys.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

also, I hate the "Wolves were a #3 seed with Butt" rhetoric that many have...Butt misses games. He can't stay healthy for a full year. Its part of the package with him.
And you are basically asking would you rather have DLO and Beasley or Butler? Pat Riley would hang up the phone on that request.

The group of Lavine, Towns and Wiggins isn't evej worth the discussion
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 am

And you are basically asking would you rather have DLO and Beasley or Butler? Pat Riley would hang up the phone on that request.
thats not what I am asking, and its not as simple as that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:23 am

not as simple as that.
Yes it is.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:24 am

not as simple as that.
Yes it is.
:roll:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:29 am

not as simple as that.
Yes it is.
Explain this thing I am missing then.

Talking contracts? Beasley is better than Andrew by how much? Not sure and he comes cheaper.

Having Butler on a Max is WAY more valuable than DLO on a max. Evens out.

Tell me you "Deep" theory to even start this dandy.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:36 am

Yes it is.

Talking contracts? Beasley is better than Andrew by how much? Not sure and he comes cheaper.

my "deep" theory? If you quote something, that means I said it, which I didn't. I didn't make an argument for any of these 3

I literally don't think there is any wrong answer, I just don't think it's "as simple as that"
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 am

my "deep" theory? If you quote something, that means I said it, which I didn't.

I literally don't think there is any wrong answer, I just don't think it's "as simple as that"
Well what do you like?

Surely it's not the original 3? That's two horrible contracts.

Maybe you should add the once hyped Towns, Wiggins, RoCo, Saric group.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:52 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 am

my "deep" theory? If you quote something, that means I said it, which I didn't.

Well what do you like?

Surely it's not the original 3? That's two horrible contracts.

Maybe you should add the once hyped Towns, Wiggins, RoCo, Saric group.
The once hyped Towns/Wiggins/RoCo/Saric group? :lol:

What group was that? Unfadable?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i wouldn't want the kat-but-wigs group cuz you know why? it blew up in our faces. been down that road, it was a disaster. yes, we made the playoffs and got bounced immediately - but if you are looking to build something, that pairing was toxic. so no.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:23 am i wouldn't want the kat-but-wigs group cuz you know why? it blew up in our faces. been down that road, it was a disaster. yes, we made the playoffs and got bounced immediately - but if you are looking to build something, that pairing was toxic. so no.
I hate Butler, but having even one guy playing some defense makes a difference.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Are you guys forgetting the turmoil that a Butler team contains? The season he was traded was one of the lowest points (lowest being just before we tried for Dlo as we had lost to the tanking Hawks and we were actually trying to win).
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Obviously 3rd choice.

People that wants to be here and wants to win.

I think it could have been different if Thibs was not the coach and we were not trying to get an old Bulls team together for one last reunion.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Wiggins in any scenario sucks...should have dealt him to Chicago for Butler and saved having to give up draft picks
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The question isn't a pissed of Butler. Obviously if he's here and playing he isn't pissed off. Of course if he doesn't want to be here, you don't want that but it shouldn't even be a option then.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I chose DLO KAT Beasley. I think that is the best balance of players of the option. It also makes the most sense cap/financial wise.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:17 pm The question isn't a pissed of Butler. Obviously if he's here and playing he isn't pissed off. Of course if he doesn't want to be here, you don't want that but it shouldn't even be a option then.
:lol: now you are seeing the question isnt so simple.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:46 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:17 pm The question isn't a pissed of Butler. Obviously if he's here and playing he isn't pissed off. Of course if he doesn't want to be here, you don't want that but it shouldn't even be a option then.
BS. Ya, I'm not taking a Butler who doesn't want to be here. That wasn't the question though.

And I already knew 3 would run away. WC loves their new toys until they don't.

About a month after the trade for Roco, everyone here would have voted Wiggins, Kat, Roco, Saric.
Last edited by RubeTube on Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:46 am
BS. Ya, I'm not taking a Butler who doesn't want to be here. That wasn't the question though.
yeah it was...
Spoiler:
"all things considered."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The one that actually won would be nice. Nicer still would have been Butler winning the pissing match and getting the huge haul we could have got for Towns. Imagine being in a spot to draft OO and Okoro to go with Butler and Thibs? We'd hold teams to 70. Oh right, we'd have the 24th pic not the 4th

Though I gotta say Beasley looks like he stored up a career's worth of Butler style game anger not playing in Den.And he played 20+ minutes. It sure would be nice to have him sticking it in their face as the guy they could have had. When he is really pissed and playing hard ass D he is the 3 point version of the driving Butler. And I think we have a couple of things working for us in re-signing him.

1st being the money fear that will destroy this FA class. It should be a shit show of teams guessing whether the money lost will put them in the lux. There will be some sort of amnesty on that. There has to be. But that's an owner gift they don't have to give the players. Remember the lux is to protect owners from themselves not to protect players or competitive balance. But if I'm a player I am taking anything legit as bird in the hand. Never know how much or how long this will affect the cap.

And second is his unstated but clear hatred of Den. I would bet the amount less he takes that he would take less to stick it to them more. Who the hell comes off a solid year as a bench guy and turns down an early 11 mil a year extension? Bank 33 mil and hit UFA before your prime? The BALLS! That's how much playing basketball means to this guy. He would rather risk his entire future and that of his family for generations rather than risk sitting on the bench too much. Let that sink in. That's who this guy is. And while maybe he doubles down on the self confidence and plays it out his agent will definitely tel him not to as a max deal the next year depending on revenue could be the same or less and you risk an injury at least 82 times. But whatever happens this is the kind of angry baller you want on your team. And while he might not be as abrasive as Butler you can bet it all that he doesn't take lazy losing lightly (alliteration!)He will be all over Towns and Russell and if they don't change I will bet again that the players all back Beasley and The idiot, his boy, and the 2 "stars" will go.

I thought the idiot did a solid job to get a better fit in Russell over Wigswith what you would hear about Wigs rep. A lot of that was shit but perception. But they are the same players. They're scorers. They can do more but neither consistently so far. Russell will always be the better scorer and on paper a better clutch end of game guy though Wigs was great. But I'd still bet on Wigs to become a legit rebounder and defender more than I'd bet on Russell to become a better distributor. And 6 assists is not a legit number for a PG in this system. Unless he's scoring 35. The pick if we don't win will make that part a loss. But Beasley is the big win. Was wary at first not knowing if he was just an egomaniac dick for not re-signing with them Now I know he is an alpha baller. And anyone on this team that takes leadership from Towns or Russell instead of his should be immediately traded or cut. If I knew this was the real Beasley I would have traded RoCo for him straight up and I love RoCo.

As long as he wants to be here he will be the leader. Knew that his first game when he was post game interview and Towns jumps and bumps him and he looked like he was gonna throw a punch. Then made some comments about one game and we need to start winning. Never smiled. Got his wish to move, has huge game, crowd loving him, pissed we only won one game that night instead of 5. He's the new Butler. Let's all value it this time and not look so stupid being happy he's gone winning 3 times as much as us.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Exactly.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Considering cost and production....it's our current trio.