Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What is last day NBA should restart?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
qrocks

What is last day NBA should restart?

Post by qrocks »

No polls.

I think May 15 is last day NBA can re-start. Basically 9 full weeks off...

I'm not sure what "re-start" even means at that point? A few regular season games? Everyone in the play-offs? Later than May 15, there will be too many injuries from older, important players (i.e. Lebron) as those many weeks away from game shape will cause injuries.
somuchyummy

Re: What is last day NBA should restart?

Post by somuchyummy »

nba won't restart this season. it's over. this thing is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. not my opinion - just echoing what experts who study this stuff are saying.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:41 am nba won't restart this season. it's over. this thing is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. not my opinion - just echoing what experts who study this stuff are saying.
your opinion seems like the bet I'd take on the topic if I had to bet. one caveat is if they decide to play games with no fans. they could potentially test each player and play for television and the glory of competition.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

This will be the asterisk season where there was no crowning. See you in October. Maybe...
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

qrocks wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:47 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:41 am nba won't restart this season. it's over. this thing is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. not my opinion - just echoing what experts who study this stuff are saying.
your opinion seems like the bet I'd take on the topic if I had to bet. one caveat is if they decide to play games with no fans. they could potentially test each player and play for television and the glory of competition.
How strange would it be if they did that and a few high profile players tested positive and then didn’t play. Like what if Giannis and Lebron tested positive?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

i figured this would have happened when the Wolves were about the clinch the #1 seed.

gotta feel for the bucks
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021