Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Season Is Officially Done - Gobert Has COVID-19

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
bubu dubu.

Re: Season Is Officially Done - Gobert Has COVID-19

Post by bubu dubu. »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 pm
ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:19 pm Wow. Insane.

Anybody see the TV series from Stephen King called The Stand? The opening is emblazed into my head where "Don't fear the reaper" is playing and they are panning all over the bodies.
It has a 3.4% mortality rate (mostly the old), that is going to go down over time as medical professionals adapt. Not to mention, Summer is coming and the virus doesn't do well with sunlight, heat or humidity. This is overblown, but I would rather this be used as a test case for when a REAL problem exists.
Well if its mostly just old people dying from it, I guess thats fine.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 pm
ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:19 pm Wow. Insane.

Anybody see the TV series from Stephen King called The Stand? The opening is emblazed into my head where "Don't fear the reaper" is playing and they are panning all over the bodies.
It has a 3.4% mortality rate (mostly the old), that is going to go down over time as medical professionals adapt. Not to mention, Summer is coming and the virus doesn't do well with sunlight, heat or humidity. This is overblown, but I would rather this be used as a test case for when a REAL problem exists.
Well if its mostly just old people dying from it, I guess thats fine.
Amen.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I think we should all recognize and appreciate the Timberwolves for really getting out in front of this and cancelling the season back in November.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

OMFG Season done? WTF
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

like an hour ago, the Pelicans and Kings game was still a go. now cancelled
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 pm I think we should all recognize and appreciate the Timberwolves for really getting out in front of this and cancelling the season back in November.
We should all thank Rosas for putting us in a prime position. Only thing that would have made this better is if Brooklyn was 15 and not 16.

yeah I am making fun of all this, because its so fucking absurd. I can't actually fathom how this virus has fucked up so much.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:59 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 pm I think we should all recognize and appreciate the Timberwolves for really getting out in front of this and cancelling the season back in November.
We should all thank Rosas for putting us in a prime position. Only thing that would have made this better is if Brooklyn was 15 and not 16.

yeah I am making fun of all this, because its so fucking absurd. I can't actually fathom how this virus has fucked up so much.
In my opinion, some dark, gallows humor and the ability to whistle past the graveyard is a good thing. Carry on.

- Isaac Asimov
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:00 pm

In my opinion, some dark, gallows humor and the ability to whistle past the graveyard is a good thing. Carry on.
Well it's very Australian to do so. i just don't want to speak out of term because it could come back to bite everyone is the arse.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Season is not officially done, by the way.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Kind of like it bit rudy in his french derierre.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:08 pm Season is not officially done, by the way.
From the blanket statements I have seen, I felt it was inferred the season was done, but they'll bring it back for playoffs? I don't know, just the one sentence sort of news catches on blogs.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Reading further, seems the NBA is suspending season and going to assess what they do.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Fred Hoiberg taken to the hostpital during the Nebraska/Indiana game.

I'm guessing no Big Ten games to be played tomorrow.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:08 pm Season is not officially done, by the way.
I think it is. And that we are just seeing the start of the changes. Whats happened in the last rwo days? Coachella cancelled. SXSW cancelled. Neil young and kiss tours cancelled. U of M suspends classes. Euro flights cancelled. Tom Hanks announces he and his wife have it. Rudy Gobert tests positive. NCAA says March Madness will be played in empty arenas. NBA suspends the season. Stock market takes massive dive into a bear market. Biden and Sanders both announce cancellations of campaign rallies. President Trump shits himself.

Expect plenty more disruptions. Business as usual will not be business as usual. This thing is just getting started.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 pm
I think it is. And that we are just seeing the start of the changes. Whats happened in the last rwo days? Coachella cancelled. SXSW cancelled. Neil young and kiss tours cancelled. U of M suspends classes. Euro flights cancelled. Tom Hanks announces he and his wife have it. Rudy Gobert tests positive. NCAA says March Madness will be played in empty arenas. NBA suspends the season. Stock market takes massive dive into a bear market. Biden and Sanders both announce cancellations of campaign rallies. President Trump shits himself.

Expect plenty more disruptions. Business as usual will not be business as usual. This thing is just getting started.
I'm expecting NCAA to cancel everything after hearing the Hoiberg news (not confirmed coronavirus yet though)...but when would it be too late for the NBA to do a quick playoffs? The championship series is played in June, thats three months away yet.
j2j

Post by j2j »

NBA might use this to test pushing the season back to avoid football. Will fans watch basketball in the summer?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 pm

I was on a response team for one of my jobs, where they had effectively a bunker we would report to, but I don't think this is serious, where businesses will impose such measures.Your mail will keep coming!...one of the first things the government would shut down. Like I said the mortality rate is 3.4%, which will drop, big deal. And it is only that high because of old people who have other problems and are more impacted. In the US we are one of the youngest countries, with an average age of 38 or so. This is far from the end of the world. This is just a "bad flu", but nothing like the Spanish Flu that had a mortality rate of 10-20%, that is something to worry about.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Now we know the *real* reason Karl's been on the shelf. Rosas *knew* this was coming and exacerbated the tanking early in order to position ourselves better for the lotto before everyone else caught wind.

Exec of the year, right here. No doubt.

No doubt in my mind.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Now we know the *real* reason Karl's been on the shelf. Rosas *knew* this was coming and exacerbated the tanking early in order to position ourselves better for the lotto before everyone else caught wind.

Exec of the year, right here. No doubt.

No doubt in my mind.
He also snuck us into 3rd where we got the same percentage, but none of the wooden spoon/tank vibe.

Give that man a cookie.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Bought a month of grocery’s tonight

Gonna go buy ammo tomorrow.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:06 am Bought a month of grocery’s tonight

It ain't that bad dude.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:06 am Bought a month of grocery’s tonight

It ain't that bad dude.
Taping up your pee hole is more valuable than ammo :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

You just beat Joda for the dumbest shit I've read today...thanks!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Future doctor!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you ever do get through medical school, could you please post a little symbol in your office so if us froobs every happen to stumble into your office with a major injury, we can be informed and run the fuck out of there. A Wiggins poster should suffice.

We all thank you in advance.
shangrila

Post by shangrila »

I don't think the issue has ever been the virus itself, although obviously it's deadly to the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions, but more the impact it will have on society.

Like, people will get quarantined and the vast majority will end up back at work after 2 weeks or so as they find they either don't have the virus or can overcome it. But what happens in that 2 weeks? If your local grocery store has an outbreak and is shut down for quarantine, where do you get food? And if you find another place, say the next town over, can they cope with the additional burden? What happens if there's then an outbreak there? And so on.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

shangrila wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:35 am I don't think the issue has ever been the virus itself, although obviously it's deadly to the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions, but more the impact it will have on society.

Like, people will get quarantined and the vast majority will end up back at work after 2 weeks or so as they find they either don't have the virus or can overcome it. But what happens in that 2 weeks? If your local grocery store has an outbreak and is shut down for quarantine, where do you get food? And if you find another place, say the next town over, can they cope with the additional burden? What happens if there's then an outbreak there? And so on.
What about when all our ICU beds are full and our ERs are overflowing and then you get in a car accident or have a heart attack? What happens when doctors and nurses get sick or exhaust themselves working double shifts dealing with this?

What about when they close schools and parents have to stay home to watch their kids. What happens to the supply of the good and services those parents provided?

It’s a lot more than just the disease. You’re absolutely right. But just the disease is expected to infect between 70-150 million Americans. If the 3.4% mortality rate holds, that’s 2,380,000 to 5,100,000 deaths. If you cut the rate in half, it’s still 1,190,000 to 2,550,000 deaths. That’s something nobody has seen in this country since... polio?

- Isaac Asimov
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

I work for microsoft and all 110k employees were told to work from home. Cant fly anywhere for on sites either. Companies are scrambling to get cloud based for collaboration purposes. Good news is that i wont have to use my sick time when schools get canceled or if i get sick.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 am

It ain't that bad dude.
I rather be prepared than not.

If nothing happens, it still will be used.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 am

Future doctor!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you ever do get through medical school, could you please post a little symbol in your office so if us froobs every happen to stumble into your office with a major injury, we can be informed and run the fuck out of there. A Wiggins poster should suffice.

We all thank you in advance.
What’s bad about groceries? If shit goes bad like China, Italy, or Korea, don’t want to have to go wait in line for groceries.

What’s bad about extra ammo? Can always use it for future range use or keep it for the future.

Learn the Game.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

:finger:
I want to nominate this for post of the year!

:lol: :thumbsup: