Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Season Is Officially Done - Gobert Has COVID-19

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Dan33185

Re: Season Is Officially Done - Gobert Has COVID-19

Post by Dan33185 »

Looks like So Money isn't limiting his craziness only to this board

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... 3&start=40
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

Dan33185 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 am Looks like So Money isn't limiting his craziness only to this board

And winforlose is there too...imagine toggling between two message boards going at the same guy.
Style

Post by Style »

The coronavirus is breaking up the Jazz! :lol:
Report: Rift exists between Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert

By Dan FeldmanMar 13, 2020, 11:18 AM EDT

Rudy Gobert tested positive for coronavirus. Donovan Mitchell then tested positive for coronavirus. Jazz players are reportedly upset with Gobert for – before his diagnosis – going out of his way to touch them and their belongings. Mitchell’s first public remarks since his diagnosis appeared to include a shot at Gobert.

Connect the dots.
•Scott Van Pelt on ESPN: “It doesn’t seem that this is great between Gobert and Mitchell. I mean, is that an astute observation?”
•Adrian Wojnarowski: “That is an astute observation, Scott. And the Jazz are fortunate that they don’t have to get back together and start playing games again right now. There is a lot of work to do to repair relationships – not just between Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, but others in the locker room. There’s a lot of frustration with Gobert.”

Gobert was reckless, and he displayed that beyond the Jazz locker room. His behavior made him both more likely to contract coronavirus and spread it.

I wonder: How much did Gobert’s mischief bother Utah players, including Mitchell, before Gobert tested positive? It was just as reckless. But it obviously carried a different stigma once it became known he had coronavirus.

Heck, it’s possible Gobert got coronavirus from Mitchell. Again, Gobert’s actions didn’t just make him more likely to spread coronavirus. They made him more likely to get it, too.

Regardless, Mitchell’s resentment is COMPLETELY understandable. Gobert is the one who showed irresponsibility.

As he’s sick and isolated, Mitchell probably isn’t in the mood to concern himself with the complexities of the situation. Everyone else is blaming Gobert. That probably comes easiest for Mitchell.

Gobert has apologized and pledged to lead coronavirus education. At this point, that’s about all he can do.

That and wait.

Time heals most wounds. I suspect that’ll include this one.

By the time this season resumes, as the Jazz attempt to gear up for a playoff run? That’s another question.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Trump declares national emergency just now.

Grocery stores are packed today. I went 3 days ago and am good.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Dan33185 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 am Looks like So Money isn't limiting his craziness only to this board

Damn skippy!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

BREAKING: An elementary school student who received an autograph from Rudy Gobert in his game in Boston has tested positive for coronavirus, via NBC.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

NBA players are opening their wallets to try to help hourly workers who support their teams and work in arenas. The outpouring of donations comes after NBA games were suspended for at least 30 days when two players tested positive for the coronavirus.

Among a growing list of players who have already pledged donations are the Cleveland Cavaliers' Kevin Love, Zion Williamson of the New Orleans Pelicans, the Detroit Pistons' Blake Griffin and Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks.

In an Instagram post on Thursday, Love said he was donating $100,000 to help "arena and support staff that had a sudden life shift due to the suspension of the NBA season."

He said he hoped others would join him in his efforts, which were spurred by his concern about the anxiety people are feeling.

"The folks at the arena are like family to me and I am grateful," Love said. "If you are anything like me, you may be justifiably stressed and worried about the impact coronavirus will have on all of us."

Williamson committed to cover the salaries for all of the workers at the Pelicans' arena for the next 30 days. He noted that many New Orleans residents are still recovering from long-term problems created by Hurricane Katrina.

"These are the folks who make our games possible, creating the perfect environment for our fans and everyone involved in the organization," Williamson wrote on Instagram. "This is a small way for me to express my support and appreciation for these wonderful people."

Antetokounmpo said he and his family were donating $100,000 because the current situation is "bigger than basketball!"

Several NBA owners have also stepped up.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai all made pledges to compensate and support hourly workers in some way.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:55 pm BREAKING: An elementary school student who received an autograph from Rudy Gobert in his game in Boston has tested positive for coronavirus, via NBC.
That autograph will be worth a lot someday.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

Preposterous prediction: Rudy Gobert has one more year left on his contract(20-21). The Jazz won't extend him and he wont get another near max offer. Teams will shun him.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:13 am
if the clip fits
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:55 pm BREAKING: An elementary school student who received an autograph from Rudy Gobert in his game in Boston has tested positive for coronavirus, via NBC.
That autograph will be worth a lot someday.
Hopefully Montgomery Brewster buys it, and uses it to wipe his ass once he runs out of toilet paper.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Why Not Us wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:34 pm NBA players are opening their wallets to try to help hourly workers who support their teams and work in arenas. The outpouring of donations comes after NBA games were suspended for at least 30 days when two players tested positive for the coronavirus.

Among a growing list of players who have already pledged donations are the Cleveland Cavaliers' Kevin Love, Zion Williamson of the New Orleans Pelicans, the Detroit Pistons' Blake Griffin and Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks.

In an Instagram post on Thursday, Love said he was donating $100,000 to help "arena and support staff that had a sudden life shift due to the suspension of the NBA season."

He said he hoped others would join him in his efforts, which were spurred by his concern about the anxiety people are feeling.

"The folks at the arena are like family to me and I am grateful," Love said. "If you are anything like me, you may be justifiably stressed and worried about the impact coronavirus will have on all of us."

Williamson committed to cover the salaries for all of the workers at the Pelicans' arena for the next 30 days. He noted that many New Orleans residents are still recovering from long-term problems created by Hurricane Katrina.

"These are the folks who make our games possible, creating the perfect environment for our fans and everyone involved in the organization," Williamson wrote on Instagram. "This is a small way for me to express my support and appreciation for these wonderful people."

Antetokounmpo said he and his family were donating $100,000 because the current situation is "bigger than basketball!"

Several NBA owners have also stepped up.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai all made pledges to compensate and support hourly workers in some way.
That’s great and all, but it should really be the owners doing this. Even though players are multi millionaires, they’re still employees of the owners just the same as these people, and it’s not a good look when employees are having to supplement other employees during an unforeseen work stoppage like this, while the owners do nothing.

The owners are already going to qualify for massive tax breaks due to the loss of revenue, so the least they can do is use some of that money to take care of their people.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Be smart and keep that autograph in good shape. That could really be worth something down the line, considering the rarity of it.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
j2j

Post by j2j »

Oriole81 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Be smart and keep that autograph in good shape. That could really be worth something down the line, considering the rarity of it.
Especially when they both die.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Oriole81 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Plus show it to everyone you don't like.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Dan33185 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:38 pm
A former target like 5 times of me and Yummy.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

was just seeing that and thinking DAMN for the kid. finally gets it going in the league and then this happens. let's hope there's zero to little impact for him. last ten games before the curtain came down, he went 24.2 ppg on 57% shooting, 9.8 rpg with a steal and a block per game. easily one of the best stretches of ANY PF in the league - let alone a relative unknown like him.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:14 pm was just seeing that and thinking DAMN for the kid. finally gets it going in the league and then this happens. let's hope there's zero to little impact for him. last ten games before the curtain came down, he went 24.2 ppg on 57% shooting, 9.8 rpg with a steal and a block per game. easily one of the best stretches of ANY PF in the league - let alone a relative unknown like him.
Guess who he is. He's Spellman. Kick ass in the G but.........it's only the G where I guess they have 9 foot hoops or some shit. Be owned by a team where either you don't fit or they are too stupid to value you. Go to another team that has a need and show you can also block shots, rebound, shoot, and dunk on a 10 foot hoop.

It's gonna happen. He'll get moved before he plays 1 minute for us and then be good for a real team. Then all the idiot lovers will claim well, he wouldn't have played here anyway so no big deal. It is rube idiocy #1. Who cares about the 10 2nds we sold..............or the 3 1sts..........or the lost expirings..........or the players we didn't value...........because..........we somehow didn't need them............as we miss the playoffs 15 out of 16 years.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Dan33185 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:38 pm

whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

j2j wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm Preposterous prediction: Rudy Gobert has one more year left on his contract(20-21). The Jazz won't extend him and he wont get another near max offer. Teams will shun him.
If thats the case I'll fucking take him on the Wolves.

He'd be perfect next to Towns.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:01 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm Preposterous prediction: Rudy Gobert has one more year left on his contract(20-21). The Jazz won't extend him and he wont get another near max offer. Teams will shun him.
If thats the case I'll fucking take him on the Wolves.

He'd be perfect next to Towns.
Too tall.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The Gobert hate is absurd. Gobert is a good guy, and a good player.

He was ignorant for touching a bunch of microphones, and because of that, he is being treated like patient 0. Its not fair to him. Whether or not he touched those microphones, or whether or not he gave hugs to his teammates, the NBA season was not shut down because of him. This virus was going to hit the sports world, with or without him.

His ignorant actions did not shut the NBA down. He did not shut MLB, NCAA, NHL, etc...etc... down. He is not patient zero.

He's just a guy, like many around, that thought the virus wasn't as big of a deal as it has turned out to be.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:10 am The Gobert hate is absurd. Gobert is a good guy, and a good player.
He's French though!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:10 am The Gobert hate is absurd. Gobert is a good guy, and a good player.

He was ignorant for touching a bunch of microphones, and because of that, he is being treated like patient 0. Its not fair to him. Whether or not he touched those microphones, or whether or not he gave hugs to his teammates, the NBA season was not shut down because of him. This virus was going to hit the sports world, with or without him.

His ignorant actions did not shut the NBA down. He did not shut MLB, NCAA, NHL, etc...etc... down. He is not patient zero.

He's just a guy, like many around, that thought the virus wasn't as big of a deal as it has turned out to be.
No one is blaming him because he was the first one to test positive. The hate he is getting is that he openly was mocking the seriousness of the situation and purposefully was doing the exact opposite of what he should have. He made a point to go around and touch his teammates excessively and the same to the microphones.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

gobert made a stupid move. but pure derision should be saved for our latest Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh - who again has used his pulpit to state that the scope of the pandemic is a media plot to make Trump look bad. Geesh.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

kilkenny wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:32 am
He's French though!
Rudy is a guy who is allowed about 10 fouls per game. Hack. He cried like a pussy about being snubbed at allstar time last season. Now this. He is what he is, and he just cost himself a staggering amount of money going forward. I don't care where he's from, but I sure know where he can go.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Towns donates $100K to the Mayo Clinic to fund testing and make it more widely available.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov