Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves fined for resting Russell against Denver

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
morneaumvp

Wolves fined for resting Russell against Denver

Post by morneaumvp »

How many fines have Clippers been rackin up because I have hardly seen Kawhi and PG play together :thinking:

Last edited by morneaumvp on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j2j

Re: Wolves fined for resting Russell against Denver

Post by j2j »

Happy birthday, DLo!
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Fucking BS.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Wolves error was resting him one game after the 9 day all star break.....WHOOPS!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

:lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

WTF?

The nba has a player testing policy?

Seriously?

What is it? “The Minnesota Timberwolves shall not test healthy players, but more powerful, marquee franchises can do whatever the fuck they want?”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Naturally, very bogus considering the current NBA culture, but as long as Glen is paying the tab, whatever.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

He was also coming back from an injury. Ah well, I think our response was good, accept the fine but express how our players welfare comes first.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Kind of strange considering he was injured when we got him.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

boo

Post by boo »

I was at that game and I was fucking pissed they sat him there. Good. Assholes.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:56 pm Image
Hopefully the commish didn't find a doll's head in DR's shorts too.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If I remember right from the injury report it did say he had "General Itchiness"...
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

boo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:38 pm I was at that game and I was fucking pissed they sat him there. Good. Assholes.
Can't disagree with this. If I'm paying big bucks for my family to go see "player x" and they rest him? I want my money back. That's like going to a Rolling Stones concert and they plop in Wayne Newton so they can rest for their next show.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 am
boo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:38 pm I was at that game and I was fucking pissed they sat him there. Good. Assholes.
Can't disagree with this. If I'm paying big bucks for my family to go see "player x" and they rest him? I want my money back. That's like going to a Rolling Stones concert and they plop in Wayne Newton so they can rest for their next show.
what do you have against Wayne Newton? :cry:
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

In all the dumb sports rules, fining a team for deciding who plays and who doesn’t is right at the top.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

minnemike wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am
kilkenny wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 am
what do you have against Wayne Newton? :cry:
:D
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

I guess I just don't get it. LBJ does it all the time. Spurs did it, and several other teams. Is this a new rule because it's getting complaints from fans?
Have other teams been fined? How long ago? Seems to me Pop use to rest Manu, Parker etc. all the time.

Typical Mn hate.

Welcome to the Wolves DLo. How long before they both want trades to another team? Seems like they are a package deal now. :shrug:
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

why didn't they just make up an injury? They flat out just said "resting him" right?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:49 am I guess I just don't get it. LBJ does it all the time. Spurs did it, and several other teams. Is this a new rule because it's getting complaints from fans?
Have other teams been fined? How long ago? Seems to me Pop use to rest Manu, Parker etc. all the time.

Typical Mn hate.

Welcome to the Wolves DLo. How long before they both want trades to another team? Seems like they are a package deal now. :shrug:
TV companies are paying billions and billions of dollars for the rights to broadcast these games, and even rotational players are making close to $100M over the lifetime of their careers. There's an obligation to put the best product out there possible.

There's just too much money involved now to just think your only obligation is to win a championship.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:49 am I guess I just don't get it. LBJ does it all the time. Spurs did it, and several other teams. Is this a new rule because it's getting complaints from fans?

Typical Mn hate.

TV companies are paying billions and billions of dollars for the rights to broadcast these games, and even rotational players are making close to $100M over the lifetime of their careers. There's an obligation to put the best product out there possible.

There's just too much money involved now to just think your only obligation is to win a championship.
And I'll add, the Spurs at least won a good amount of those games still. Pop played to win, his remaining players were ultra prepared for their larger role, so I have less of a beef with that.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Typical Mn hate.

By your logic, tv companies should also have a say in how many minutes they play and who they play with. Are you sure you want two stick with the tv company line?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 am

Typical Mn hate.

By your logic, tv companies should also have a say in how many minutes they play and who they play with. Are you sure you want two stick with the tv company line?
There's no perfect solution obviously, but they are a partnership at this point.
Players need to remember that, or they need to accept less money.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:09 am

There's no perfect solution obviously, but they are a partnership at this point.
Players don’t have a contract with the networks. Neither do coaches. There is no partnership. The networks are making plenty of money. Maybe I’m old school, but I think coaches should still run their teams.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 am
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:09 am

Players don’t have a contract with the networks. Neither do coaches. There is no partnership. The networks are making plenty of money. Maybe I’m old school, but I think coaches should still run their teams.
And where do you think the money comes from? The players are able to get these big contracts from the team because of the expectation that they revenue they generate will be sustainable long term.
Networks signed a 9 year deal in 2014, and ratings are down significantly.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

I thought some of that tv money goes right to the team's.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Seenin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:30 am I thought some of that tv money goes right to the team's.
salary cap spiked in conjunction with the new TV deal
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Totally normal for a player to rest one game during a back-to-back that's had a recent injury that involved missing games for Golden State as well as Minnesota.

I was mad that they sat him for the Denver game instead of the other one because I wanted to see the new guys all play against Denver. I feel winning that game would have been huge.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Typical Mn hate.

I get that. Just wondering if other teams are getting fined. Hell, Pop used to send players home for rest for some road games. LBJ did it, and he's the biggest draw in the game. Did general soreness get fined? I guess my point is, how many players got fines for "resting" when the were healthy enough to play? Hell, next time Taylor should just say he's sick or injured. Seems like they fined him for being honest.
Maybe now they will start cracking down on the step back travel too. :roll: