Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

This is DLO's team now.

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

This is DLO's team now.

Post by T_J »

He's shown more leadership in three weeks than Towns has in 5 years. I hope he's ready to get in line.
morneaumvp

Re: This is DLO's team now.

Post by morneaumvp »

T_J wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:20 am He's shown more leadership in three weeks than Towns has in 5 years. I hope he's ready to get in line.
Somehow we traded Wiggins for this guy :lol:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Let's not proclaim D-Lo ANYTHING until we see what he can do ovah a longer period than 3 weeks!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

This has to be top 5 greatest wolves picture ever and last play of the game too.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 am

This has to be top 5 greatest wolves picture ever and last play of the game too.
it's a clean block. great pic.

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 am

...and it's against Jimmy Butt.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

For us to be a better team, they both have to be leaders....even if that means KAT just showing with his numbers. PG's by definition should be the natural leaders of any team, the guy with the rock controls the flow, who gets touches, where....so it's only natural we see Dlo's presence felt immediately. Especially when you compare him to a guy as disengaged as Teague was. The isn't a Shaq and Kobe thing, they don't have that much talent or demand to be the defined first option. They are buddies and they'll naturally get the most touches.

If there ever comes a day where there needs to be a pecking order on this team, one...that's a great problem to have, and two, Dlo is that guy by default.
boo

Post by boo »

The good:
Last year and even before the trade deadline I thought Russell on a max contract was not great value. When they were able to ship Wiggins out for Russel's contract, that seemed like decent value.
I guess I hadn't watched him closely enough, he is far better on offense than I thought he would be. His passing in the half court and running an offense is good stuff. When he gets in the open court, something fun is about to happen. His step back 3s and daggers over defenders right in his face is stuff we have never seen as Wolves fans with any type of consistency (maybe a little from Lavine).

The bad:
He did make some nice plays on D last night, but he may be as bad an on ball defender as I can think of. I don't know how this happens so often but when he is guarding on the ball, he seems to consistently end up directly behind the person he is guarding. It's not even a blow by, he just manages to guard the guys back all the time.

Maybe his D gets better, though I wouldn't bet on it. Overall I don't care, because he and Beas make this team watchable and thats all I can ask for as a wolves fan.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:38 am For us to be a better team, they both have to be leaders....even if that means KAT just showing with his numbers. PG's by definition should be the natural leaders of any team, the guy with the rock controls the flow, who gets touches, where....so it's only natural we see Dlo's presence felt immediately. Especially when you compare him to a guy as disengaged as Teague was. The isn't a Shaq and Kobe thing, they don't have that much talent or demand to be the defined first option. They are buddies and they'll naturally get the most touches.

If there ever comes a day where there needs to be a pecking order on this team, one...that's a great problem to have, and two, Dlo is that guy by default.
Ding ding ding.

But Wolves Chat is always quick to pick one over the other..... never both!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
witljon

Post by witljon »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:31 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:38 am For us to be a better team, they both have to be leaders....even if that means KAT just showing with his numbers. PG's by definition should be the natural leaders of any team, the guy with the rock controls the flow, who gets touches, where....so it's only natural we see Dlo's presence felt immediately. Especially when you compare him to a guy as disengaged as Teague was. The isn't a Shaq and Kobe thing, they don't have that much talent or demand to be the defined first option. They are buddies and they'll naturally get the most touches.

Ding ding ding.

We need to get lucky and draft a third star ⭐️
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Ding ding ding.

Three leaders needs to lead!

I can see KAT being happy to "share" responsibility with Dlo.

Is Booker a leader?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Ding ding ding.

I'm convinced Beas has enough show to be the third wheel. Naturally, whoever's, if we end up drafting, makes our team much better on if we hit on a stud. That being said, I'm convinced two young building blocks with the right talent top to bottom is all it takes. Not three stars, not a super team. Two lethal players, some scary potential behind them with the right role players.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

A Towns for Booker and picks and pieces swap?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:37 pm A Towns for Booker and picks and pieces swap?
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Ding ding ding.

I don't see us keeping our draft picks. Trade for a 3rd star. Sign and trade Beasley, Culver, 2 firsts, I being top 4 for Booker / Beal / Buddy :beer:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ding ding ding.

Booker will be a wolf. For better or for worse, it will happen. It’s what the players want and it’s a player’s league.

Not sure exactly when. We had to wait for the Russell thing to happen, we’ll probably have to wait for Booker too. But it will happen.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:54 am
Ding ding ding.

Booker will be a wolf. For better or for worse, it will happen. It’s what the players want and it’s a player’s league.

Not sure exactly when. We had to wait for the Russell thing to happen, we’ll probably have to wait for Booker too. But it will happen.
I hope not. Three max players take up the whole salary cap, and these three don’t play a helluvalot of defense. I like two max players and better role players.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Ding ding ding.

I don't see it happening for a variety of reasons....we don't exactly need him, it'll gut our team to get him, and we won't be able to actually afford anything of substance after having Dlo, KAT, and Booker all maxed out. Rosas appeased KAT and himself by getting Dlo, Booker isn't needed to make KAT happy, he's got one of his BFF's. We're going to resign Beas, we're going to keep our lotto pick, and we're going to spend the rest of our coin on SF and big depth.

Dlo was inevitable because we needed a PG, we do not need Devin Booker on any level.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:56 am

I hope not. Three max players take up the whole salary cap, and these three don’t play a helluvalot of defense. I like two max players and better role players.
I’m not really Booker fan either. But this is what I predict. Maybe I’m wrong.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:04 am

I don't see it happening for a variety of reasons....we don't exactly need him, it'll gut our team to get him, and we won't be able to actually afford anything of substance after having Dlo, KAT, and Booker all maxed out. Rosas appeased KAT and himself by getting Dlo, Booker isn't needed to make KAT happy, he's got one of his BFF's. We're going to resign Beas, we're going to keep our lotto pick, and we're going to spend the rest of our coin on SF and big depth.

Dlo was inevitable because we needed a PG, we do not need Devin Booker on any level.
Maybe not. We’ll see. It’s not something for which I am necessarily advocating. It’s a prediction.

- Isaac Asimov
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:37 am
Ding ding ding.

I don't see us keeping our draft picks. Trade for a 3rd star. Sign and trade Beasley, Culver, 2 firsts, I being top 4 for Booker / Beal / Buddy :beer:
Rosas proved is draft chops when he moved up to 6 in the last draft and selected Culver......I don’t think he’s drafting a Star anytime soon no matter where he’s at in the draft.

It all depends on what the Wolves get out of Beasley the rest of the way. If he proves himself to be the starter of the future, pay him and draft a 4. His attitude is unique and hard to find in young players today, he can really have an impact on the overall attitude of a team. He might have the right attitude to help DLO and KAT when they get bitchy or lazy, him not being in their clique might be a good thing.

If he looks like somebody they are going to have to pay a lot of money and then hope to play from the bench, then I am all for pulling a huge move to get “star” like one of the above. Booker would be exciting and really put the “friends” thing to the test, it would be a real pick your poison for other teams against the Wolves.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

The more Beasley shows, the more I like him. But, the more his value rises in a trade for Booker. Say we get a top 4 pick this summer...I could see Beasley and that pick plus change for Booker. Hate to lose Beas though, not sure if he is the defender we need, but Booker would be a wash there.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am The more Beasley shows, the more I like him. But, the more his value rises in a trade for Booker. Say we get a top 4 pick this summer...I could see Beasley and that pick plus change for Booker. Hate to lose Beas though, not sure if he is the defender we need, but Booker would be a wash there.
Beasley is not getting 20 million a year, and in order for just him and change with our pick to work, that's what he'd need to get paid to make that work. Booker simply makes too much money, and Beasley is already proving he can give you similar production and he's not going to cost but half of Booker. I know a lot of people are just predicting and what not, but adding Booker makes no sense what so ever, basketball wise, cap and asset wise....none of it. Dlo was needed because we needed a scoring PG, and we also wanted to make KAT happy. Now that everyone is happy, you continue to build your team, not gut it. Losing Beasley and our lotto pick for 5 more PPG and a little more playmaking ability is way too much, not to mention it would still cost more than that. If Booker was some shutdown defender, then I'd get it, we don't have that on virtually anywhere on the team....but he's not that.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 am
kilkenny wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 am The more Beasley shows, the more I like him. But, the more his value rises in a trade for Booker. Say we get a top 4 pick this summer...I could see Beasley and that pick plus change for Booker. Hate to lose Beas though, not sure if he is the defender we need, but Booker would be a wash there.
Beasley is not getting 20 million a year, and in order for just him and change with our pick to work, that's what he'd need to get paid to make that work. Booker simply makes too much money, and Beasley is already proving he can give you similar production and he's not going to cost but half of Booker. I know a lot of people are just predicting and what not, but adding Booker makes no sense what so ever, basketball wise, cap and asset wise....none of it. Dlo was needed because we needed a scoring PG, and we also wanted to make KAT happy. Now that everyone is happy, you continue to build your team, not gut it. Losing Beasley and our lotto pick for 5 more PPG and a little more playmaking ability is way too much, not to mention it would still cost more than that. If Booker was some shutdown defender, then I'd get it, we don't have that on virtually anywhere on the team....but he's not that.
Yeah, I didn't say I was in favor of it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

So let me ask you ballers this....and maybe you've already answered it, but if you strictly go by talent and not salary cap issues, would you rather have Beasley or Booker? Again, I only want to know what player you'd prefer, not how it affects cap or otha player issues.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Hornets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:02 pm So let me ask you ballers this....and maybe you've already answered it, but if you strictly go by talent and not salary cap issues, would you rather have Beasley or Booker? Again, I only want to know what player you'd prefer, not how it affects cap or otha player issues.
Booker
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
T_J

Post by T_J »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:12 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:02 pm So let me ask you ballers this....and maybe you've already answered it, but if you strictly go by talent and not salary cap issues, would you rather have Beasley or Booker? Again, I only want to know what player you'd prefer, not how it affects cap or otha player issues.
Booker
Oh and it's not close. You're adding Booker and you could be adding a multi-time All NBA player. Towns and Russell could both also be that. Having 3 players of that caliber is how you win titles. Plus with 3 guys who can conceivably carry the offense, you have protection against one guy getting hurt. Rosas clearly has an eye for under-developed talent and guys who fit a role...I'd gladly take those 3 max guys and let him fill out the roster finding diamonds in the rough and veteran role players who don't make diddly shit.

Oh and Beasley is certainly decent...another guy Rosas identified as under-utilized in Denver and likely on the upswing, but how many contenders is he ever your 3rd best guy on?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

T_J wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:20 am He's shown more leadership in three weeks than Towns has in 5 years. I hope he's ready to get in line.
D'AngeWolves Russell
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

What exactly is the core of this side anyway now? KAT and Russell are the untouchables. We have a heap of BWolves playing decent ball on the cheap. I guess JJ is the only one who I can think of keeping as a vet (ont he cheap, but he is getting 16 mil next season). Culver and Okogie are the only guys who we'd be trading who are "part" of the core, and I don't think I'd lose sleep over trading them plus picks for Booker. NB I am assuming we can keep Beasley for 13$mil a season.

KAT Booker Dlo = $86mil? next season + JJ $16 + Beasley $13 = $116 + the rest of the side costing $1mil or something each.

We can also do some manoeuvring to get rid of JJ (or get him to opt out for longer term cheaper contract. He may be traded for Booker in any case.

Isn't it good to dream.