Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Celtics beat us to the punch, will retire KG's jersey next season

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Celtics beat us to the punch, will retire KG's jersey next season

Post by LordNu »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's gold!!
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

All the smoke is a great podcast.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/287 ... retirement
LOS ANGELES -- When the Boston Celtics retire and raise Kevin Garnett's jersey to the rafters next season, Doc Rivers wants Ray Allen to be there in attendance.

The LA Clippers coach said on Saturday that he has a role to play in mending the rift that still exists between Allen and some of his former Celtics teammates such as Garnett.

After Allen left Boston to sign with the Miami Heat in 2012, some of those Celtics who won a title together in 2008 haven't forgiven or let go of the beef with the shooting guard.

"I hope not, but it's proven to be, yeah," Rivers said when asked whether there's still beef between those Celtics and Allen before the Clippers faced the Sacramento Kings on Saturday. "I think it's ridiculous, but it's still there, with some guys, not with every guy.

"KG is getting his jersey retired next year, and I'm hoping everyone is there," Rivers continued. "I'll make the right calls -- that doesn't mean the right things will happen."

Allen joined some of his former Heat teammates to celebrate Dwyane Wade's jersey retirement and the Celtics rift came up again when Udonis Haslem said he would fight any former Celtics who still have a problem with Allen if need be.

"Once we knew you were one of us, it was all love," Haslem said. "If they got a problem with you, they still got a problem with us then. Whatever that is. Whatever they want to do. We old, D-Wade retired, CB [Chris Bosh] retired, we got nothing to do but fight. So if they want to fight, we can fight."

In 2017, Paul Pierce posted a picture of himself and Allen on Instagram asking that Garnett and Rajon Rondo let any anger go with the hashtag #burythehatchet. Like Rivers has said before, Pierce said that the bond that they all have from winning the title together in 2008 will never be broken.

Rivers plans on trying to help all sides heal and have Allen be there in Boston when Garnett's No. 5 is retired.

"I have a role in it," Rivers said. "I just think we won a title with Ray, and we need to get over it."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I think what annoys me is he doesn't mean that much to Boston compared to what he means in Minnesota.

The NBA will gloss over it, but we won't forget.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

New idea to mix things up: Let's retire Cassell's jersey.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

LordNu wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:51 pm New idea to mix things up: Let's retire Cassell's jersey.
I like it, also Rasho/Wally/and Sam I am
j2j

Post by j2j »

You dont retire jerseys over one decent season.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
witljon

Post by witljon »

T_J wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm This is truly embarrassing.
I know this is important to some fans, but not to me.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:07 pm You dont retire jerseys over one decent season.
Not sure you're following what I am trying to hint at.