Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Malik "I'm a Bad Man" Beasley

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

Malik "I'm a Bad Man" Beasley

Post by Moses Scurry »

Disappointing start to his Wolves career, 6 assists shy of a triple double is rather pathetic, I guess there is no place to go but up.

Last edited by Moses Scurry on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moses Scurry

Re: Malik "I'm a bad man" Beasley

Post by Moses Scurry »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"We're in a playoff race right now -- 31 games left,” Beasley said. “It's not over. I'm pushing to get into the playoffs. Straight up. Shoot for the moon, get stars. If we don't make the playoffs, we ended a great season going into another season.”
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 am Disappointing start to his Wolves career, 6 assists shy of a triple double is rather pathetic, I guess there is no place to go but up.

That, and he didn’t get enough blocked shots. SGs need to be better rim protectors in this league. :lol: :lol:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:59 am Disappointing start to his Wolves career, 6 assists shy of a triple double is rather pathetic, I guess there is no place to go but up.

That, and he didn’t get enough blocked shots. SGs need to be better rim protectors in this league. :lol: :lol:
Truth.
beetlebum71

Re: Malik "I'm a Bad Man" Beasley

Post by beetlebum71 »

1-6 from inside the arc. He needs to work on his UCLA cuts and one-handed floaters.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:05 am "We're in a playoff race right now -- 31 games left,” Beasley said. “It's not over. I'm pushing to get into the playoffs. Straight up. Shoot for the moon, get stars. If we don't make the playoffs, we ended a great season going into another season.”
Of course that’s ridiculous, but I like the attitude.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Beasley is going to get $20 million per year.

Still way cheaper than Booker.

Booker on max
Or
Beasley for $20 million per

????
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:02 am Image
:lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 am Beasley is going to get $20 million per year.
No he is not.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

3easley
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

He was fun to watch last night.🙂
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

thinktank wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 am Beasley is going to get $20 million per year.
No he is not.
I believe his agent was quoted as saying they want to be around $15 million per.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:07 am
No he is not.
I believe his agent was quoted as saying they want to be around $15 million per.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:07 am
No he is not.
There you go.

So 13.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Beasley won’t always perform as well as he did last night. If he did, then come hell or high water, he would be starting for Denver. I see him signing for between 12-15. The reduced cap actually helps us as teams have less to offer. Of course some dick team could offer 20 to force us up, but if we call their bluff now they miss out on 2021 FA market.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 am Beasley won’t always perform as well as he did last night. If he did, then come hell or high water, he would be starting for Denver. I see him signing for between 12-15. The reduced cap actually helps us as teams have less to offer. Of course some dick team could offer 20 to force us up, but if we call their bluff now they miss out on 2021 FA market.
That's why he has all the attitude right now. He's a starter here with all the minutes he can handle and can cash in at the end of the season. He didn't have that sweet chance before.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Loved how he constantly competed and never gave up. Plus he demanded the ball on occasion. Dude is confident as hell.

Whatever type of player he turns into...he will be fun to watch simply due to his attitude.

Plus is a prophet as he foretold his fate.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

minnemike wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am
winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 am Beasley won’t always perform as well as he did last night. If he did, then come hell or high water, he would be starting for Denver. I see him signing for between 12-15. The reduced cap actually helps us as teams have less to offer. Of course some dick team could offer 20 to force us up, but if we call their bluff now they miss out on 2021 FA market.
That's why he has all the attitude right now. He's a starter here with all the minutes he can handle and can cash in at the end of the season. He didn't have that sweet chance before.
You missed my point. 7 out of 13 from 3 is unsustainable. They had practices, preseasons, and hands experience with playing MB. He is a good/great player and will make a splash here, more likely than not. But, one game with 7/13 from 3 and 23 points is not a 20 million dollar contract.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 am 1-6 from inside the arc. He needs to work on his UCLA cuts and one-handed floaters.
:lol: Wasn't that the 1st thing he said in his interview? Man he played pissed off. Was always yelling and pointing into the crowd, made me think there were some Nuggets jerseys. Looked pissed at Towns for bumping him during that interview. Impressive.

Announcing his presence with authority!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

winforlose wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 am
minnemike wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am
You missed my point. 7 out of 13 from 3 is unsustainable. They had practices, preseasons, and hands experience with playing MB. He is a good/great player and will make a splash here, more likely than not. But, one game with 7/13 from 3 and 23 points is not a 20 million dollar contract.
Of course he can't do that from 3. He also won't miss that many in the paint. As long as he plays that hard every game we're good. And if he does it won't matter that he eats our cap space. That looked like Butler level leadership right there.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 am
beetlebum71 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 am 1-6 from inside the arc. He needs to work on his UCLA cuts and one-handed floaters.
:lol: Wasn't that the 1st thing he said in his interview? Man he played pissed off. Was always yelling and pointing into the crowd, made me think there were some Nuggets jerseys. Looked pissed at Towns for bumping him during that interview. Impressive.

Reminds me of another guy with a chip on his shoulder, Jimmy something.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Absolutely loved his game last night...he exceeded what I had hoped to see. His post game...he reminded me like hes got a little Jimmy Butler in him. I mean that in a good way...hes a grinder. It's only one game, but I do think hes going to be our starting sg for a while. As for what kind of money he will make, I said it be great if he plays his way to a Richardson type deal at 12 per. If he keeps up this pace he could easily cost more, but I think he will come down to earth a bit. He won't make 20...but he controls how much he can go up from 12.
I'd like to add that Juancho will need to be kept here as well. Johnson will opt in, and quite honestly has an important role here. Juancho, Naz, Johnson, and KAT is a respectable frontcourt rotation.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Absolutely loved his game last night...he exceeded what I had hoped to see. His post game...he reminded me like hes got a little Jimmy Butler in him. I mean that in a good way...hes a grinder. It's only one game, but I do think hes going to be our starting sg for a while. As for what kind of money he will make, I said it be great if he plays his way to a Richardson type deal at 12 per. If he keeps up this pace he could easily cost more, but I think he will come down to earth a bit. He won't make 20...but he controls how much he can go up from 12.
I'd like to add that Juancho will need to be kept here as well. Johnson will opt in, and quite honestly has an important role here. Juancho, Naz, Johnson, and KAT is a respectable frontcourt rotation.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 am

Reminds me of another guy with a chip on his shoulder, Jimmy something.
I swear I remember the same kind of interview after Butler's first win here where they were dicking with him and he wanted no part. Was like WTF are you excited about one win for? Let's get to work.

Was funny at the start when Benz says he brought up losing streak to Beasley and he said well that's over. I was thinking like the swag but a little bold short handed against the Clips. 4-5 minutes later he was my favorite Wolf.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Beasley brings good juju to this team. Love having guys play with fire finally. DLo is another one who plays with fire. Multiple guys to lean on. Should be contagious for Culver.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

You hoops fans deserved last night for all that you've been through, and I LOVE reading the comments many of you made about our new players!

Now, not to be Debbie Downer, but haven't we been through this before MANY times in the past when a new player/players come to town? The initial excitement, the hope that THIS TIME we got it right? Let's enjoy the fact that the losing streak is over and just let these last 30 games play out....THEN we'll have a good idea what we really got!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Culver is a work in progress so I'm glad we don't have to lean on him now and have enough depth to not force it.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Hornets wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 am You hoops fans deserved last night for all that you've been through, and I LOVE reading the comments many of you made about our new players!

Now, not to be Debbie Downer, but haven't we been through this before MANY times in the past when a new player/players come to town? The initial excitement, the hope that THIS TIME we got it right? Let's enjoy the fact that the losing streak is over and just let these last 30 games play out....THEN we'll have a good idea what we really got!!
One game at a time. Celebrate when we win, want to blow it up when we lose. :thumbsup:
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:25 am Culver is a work in progress so I'm glad we don't have to lean on him now and have enough depth to not force it.
Yep. Culver is a kid playing with men. Now he can develop. The Wolves don’t need him to impact games much.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse