Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Gersson Rosas Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

Post Your Gersson Rosas Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry »

For everyone who doubted him and still doubt him.

He’s back at his natural position as GM. He still has his flaws but he’s a true two way GM. He has the ability to make deals in the post, mid range, and 3.

Are you in or out?!!
Moses Scurry

Re: Post Your Gersson Rosas Apologies Here

Post by Moses Scurry »

No one has the balls to apologize?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I've always been saying to give him some time to fix the mess he got. :coolio:

After this trade, without even breaking the bank, he's doing well so far
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:03 pm No one has the balls to apologize?
Some (like me) don't need to.
I was willing to give him time, but after the past few days, he's starting to look like the best GM we ever had. :thinking:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

<Placeholder for Jodaman, Rasho, Thrill and Unfadeable>

Please submit apologies to be reviewed by the committee.

The Committee:
Moses
Moses' dog
Moses' kitty
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Even with good shooters I don't wanna chuck up contested 3's all day. I'd almost rather lose than to win by doing that shit.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm <Placeholder for Jodaman, Rasho, Thrill and Unfadeable>

The Committee:
Moses
Moses' dog
Moses' kitty
Hey!?!

I'm on this committee as well, as is j2j. We've both been trusting the pRosas since day 1 and letting the guy have more time then a couple months to fix this roster

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

You will find no trace of me roasting the PRosas
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:09 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:06 pm <Placeholder for Jodaman, Rasho, Thrill and Unfadeable>

The Committee:
Moses
Moses' dog
Moses' kitty
Hey!?!

I'm on this committee as well, as is j2j. We've both been trusting the pRosas since day 1 and letting the guy have more time then a couple months to fix this roster
The dog and kitty are very protective of the committee.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I would like to offer my apologies to Rosas. I've been far too hard on him.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:16 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:09 pm

The Committee:
Moses
Moses' dog
Moses' kitty
Hey!?!

The dog and kitty are very protective of the committee.
Aight. I think I'm going to take the high road :lol:

A jab here or but I'm gonna bask in this.

:lol: nope. They deserve a lot of bashing

winforlose

Post by winforlose »

I am mixed about this thread. I don’t like the Culver trade. I don’t like the G trade. I am not sure about the Roco trade yet (if Beasley becomes a third star then I will apologize.) I loath the JFT trade. I love the Wiggins trade. Overall I think we got better, but I simply don’t know yet. Rosas read the tea leaves and played chicken with GSW, for that he has my congratulations. If Roco deal was best we could do, so be it. That said, 3 out of 5 moves are bad. Like bottom of the barrel awful. His first round draft pick was a bust. No one owes him an apology yet.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

winforlose wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:23 pm I am mixed about this thread. I don’t like the Culver trade. I don’t like the G trade. I am not sure about the Roco trade yet (if Beasley becomes a third star then I will apologize.) I loath the JFT trade. I love the Wiggins trade. Overall I think we got better, but I simply don’t know yet. Rosas read the tea leaves and played chicken with GSW, for that he has my congratulations. If Roco deal was best we could do, so be it. That said, 3 out of 5 moves are bad. Like bottom of the barrel awful. His first round draft pick was a bust. No one owes him an apology yet.
:thinking:

Those are reasonable opinions.

:thumbsup:
T_J

Post by T_J »

I don't think I owe one and reserve the right to tear him down if a year from now we still suck donkey balls.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Jodaaaa get in here and apologize you sap :lol:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:29 pm I don't think I owe one and reserve the right to tear him down if a year from now we still suck donkey balls.
You do you, man.

:mrgreen:
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

j2j wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm I would like to offer my apologies to Rosas. I've been far too hard on him.
Wait, you have been? Or did you get a hardon from him?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Vendetta11 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:35 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm I would like to offer my apologies to Rosas. I've been far too hard on him.
Wait, you have been? Or did you get a hardon from him?
Both, he's into that.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I like what he did today. I took a wait and see approach with him thus far. Should I apologize for that? If I should, then I will.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I commend him for getting rid of Wiggens without losing a first round pick.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I wasn't completely convinced Rosas had it in him after the debacle on draft night.

BUILD THE STA-TUE!! BUILD THE STA-TUE!! (Chant at Target Center)
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I am shocked they got Russell for Wiggins and a 2021 first. Kudos to Rosas.

Also, the Roco deal I preferred the picks instead of Beasley and co but now with Russell coming in it makes a lot more sense. You now have a couple months to test out this new backcourt, see where Culver/Okogie fit in and still have a lottery pick. Might be a down draft but you'll get a young impact player regardless.

I am happy Rosas sent Gorgui on his way too -- I thought Gorgui deserved more run than he was getting. Hell of a fantasy guy when KAT was out!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Let me apolo... wait I never doubted him. I gave Kahn plenty of rope to hang himself as I do any new hire.

GR already made our trade deadline the most active in franchise history and looks to have not only shed awful contracts but gain some nice pieces as well... all without trading away our future.

I went from wanting a PG to now wanting Edwards, Toppin, or maybe a surprise... man I'm pumped we are interesting again.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I never blinked on Rosas.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Will miss G he deserves to get more time though. Never said one way or other on Rosas...everyone deservestime to show their stuff. Hope this new "family" does well. Only thing I had a problem with...tried to tell us family this and family that, tgen traded more than half the family....um not how families work.
My heart is family.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Not apologizing for anything. We are a top 5 worst team this season when we could of made the playoffs if we just played real basketball and not analytics crap. We are bottom on offense and defense.

What happened to building family culture etc then ship out 9 players. That means Rosas words mean shit to free agents.

We traded wigs, roco, and a first and only got Dlo back.

Nothing has been won.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:01 pm Not apologizing for anything. We are a top 5 worst team this season when we could of made the playoffs if we just played real basketball and not analytics crap. We are bottom on offense and defense.

What happened to building family culture etc then ship out 9 players. That means Rosas words mean shit to free agents.

We traded wigs, roco, and a first and only got Dlo back.

Nothing has been won.
Do you take medication? If so, take more.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Rosas is like the guy that is dating the girl that you don’t have any interest in, therefore you neither like nor dislike him.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I think this is way premature. I get everyone is really excited to trade away Andrew Wiggins but this is what we traded:

Andrew Wiggins, Robert Covington, a 2021 first round pick top 3 protected, Dieng with lesser throw in players.

This is what we got back:

DeAngelo Russell, Malik Beasley, James Johnson , a potential 2020 mid-first round pick (lottery protected) with some lesser throw in players

My reservations are thus:

1. Steve Kerr seems to know what he is doing. Andrew Wiggins isn't an expiring contract and the salary cap issues in GSW are significant. Even with a first round pick, why would they do that deal?

2. I would state that one a 1-1 basis Russell for Wiggins is a good deal for the Wolves because I think that the chemistry difference between Towns and Russell will be better. But worth giving up a first round pick in the 2021 draft with only top-3 protection in a draft that is rumored to be a "double draft" in that the NBA will change the one and done rules? And a 2nd round draft pick in that same draft that could essentially mean that the early-mid 2nd round has high quality players?

3. Malik Beasley is going into his 5th year of his rookie deal and to keep him he will need an contract extension (or somewhat unlikely play on his QO). He has, reportedly, already turned down $30 million over 3 years so he is going to be relatively expensive to sign. I have no doubt that we will resign him and Ithink he will be a good shooter for us, but he is a more limited player who will be essentially overpaid.

If the Wolves surrender a top-5 pick in a loaded draft class, these series of trades are a disaster. Statistically swapping Russell for Wiggins really isn't buying much so we are totally banking on some sort of team chemistry transformation. It is very high risk and I personally think that the Wolves Nation has talked themselves into Wiggins being the scapegoat for these teams failings we gave away too much to get rid of him. I think that Wiggins has the chance to be a star in San Francisco with the space that is created in the Kerr offense.

We will see. If Russell-Towns happy duo can at least make this team a respectable mediocrity, then it isn't quite a disaster. If Beasley reups here and shoots the fucking lights out, and maybe a Omari Spellmen provides some solid play given some opportunity, it might not suck that much.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

I was ready to pull the plug and not watch another game the rest of the season after the Covington trade and dead air. After all these years of watching nothing happen at the deadline and watching the Wolves GM’s living like remora off the scraps of trades by real sharks, I am jaded as hell. For putting him in the same box I jammed every other Wolves GM into - I apologize. I will now back off and leave him room to work through the next deadline with the hope and expectation there will be improvement. If that doesn’t happen I will likely do it again if the team and it’s star player go into a complete funk to the point they have been at.

It’s OK to set expectations.

That said.

I thank Rosas for the hard work that I had been begging for here at the deadline. I have never seen a Wolves GM do more at the deadline - hell in two seasons or three seasons....it was pretty incredible and fun to watch the Wolves being talked about on ESPN today for something besides ineptitude and stars demanding out.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

Also on a side note, nailed it:

by jodaman01
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:49 am

Forum: Wolves Chat
Topic: Shams & Jon K -Wolves Look to Acquire Dlo before Deadline
Replies: 374
Views: 7251
Re: Shams & Jon K -Wolves Look to Acquire Dlo before Deadline
DLO to Rosas as Butler is to THIBBS.

It’s going to happen.

All people can hope for here is that he can mitigate the damage going out.

jodadamus has spoken.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.