Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Gersson Rosas Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Post Your Gersson Rosas Apologies Here

Post by LordNu »

We need a new whipping post. Crabbe?
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

LordNu wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:26 pm We need a new whipping post. Crabbe?
You gonna honestly tell me Crabbe is good? I have hated him since the trade was made. All the dude is capable of doing is shooting 3s, and he doesn’t even make enough of them to be worth seeing the floor.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

winforlose wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:28 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:26 pm We need a new whipping post. Crabbe?
You gonna honestly tell me Crabbe is good? I have hated him since the trade was made. All the dude is capable of doing is shooting 3s, and he doesn’t even make enough of them to be worth seeing the floor.
No, as in someone to rip on/blame for the losses. So yes, Crabbe fits the bill.

I was surprised he got time yesterday.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Crabbe seems like the Wiggins type. Got paid, play out the contract, go retire. He was peaking as a 3nD guy right when huge contracts were being given to 3rd tier players. Guy is out of the league next year unless he spent all his money.

Yes, for 18 million, he should be this team whipping boy.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Nowell needs Crabbes minutes. These 30 games are our best opportunity to evaluate him. The G league is beneath him right now given his shooting percentages there. It’s time to get him going in the NBA. Who knows, Jmac/ new backup PG and a sharpshooting Nowell could be a good fit.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Gets around a B+ when you look at what he inherited vs. what he has done so far.

Added:

Russell - Pretty damn good starting PG who is locked up. Matches up so well with KAT and Beasley. Wouldn't bet against us potentially having a top 5 offense next year.

Malik Beasley - Homerun move by Rosas for taking a flier on him. Averaging 21.4 PPG on 47.5%/43.9%/80.8%, 5 rpg and 2.3 apg since coming here.

Naz Reid - Great undrafted find by Rosas. Extremely raw, which is understandable for an undrafted rookie, but is averaging 19.9 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.7 bpg PER 36.

Jordan McLaughlin - Looking like a legitimate back up PG that can shoot, great handles and can/willing to pass. Need to sign him long term!

James Johnson - I doubt he sticks around due to his age and that he might want a longer contract but he is potentially a great fit next to KAT. Big enough where he can bang in the post but still quick enough to guard the perimeter. Jack of all trades but master at none type of player. He could be our "PJ Tucker" which would be amazing but he wont come that cheap so I'm not tied to him.

Juan: I'm not nearly as high on this guy as others as I don't see this production from him being sustainable plus with our eventual starting line up of Russell / Beasley / X / X / KAT we need those 2 other spots to be good defenders. I don't think he is worth the risk of resigning him unless it is for very cheap. I don't know the exact numbers but I don't believe we'll have a lot of space after we resign Beasley. I know Taylor very briefly went into the luxury tax to get the big trade done but I cannot fathom in any reality that he is willing to pay the repeater tax unless the team was on the cusp of winning a championship.

Now that the dust has settled for his first year he's brought in more talent then we had at the beginning of the year and players who are absolutely perfect for the system. Also found some very nice contributors in Reid and McLaughlin. Sacrificed a few wins this year to put us in a MUCH better spot for the long term.

Before the trade:
111.6 PPG on 43.6% / 32.5% 3PA (39.4 a game!) / 75.4%
45.7 RPG
23.4 APG
15.5 TOV
8.6 SPG
6 BPG

After the trade:
121 PPG on 46.3%/ 39.1% 3PA (42.4 a game!) / 73.9%
42.1 RPG
25.9 APG
14.9 TOV
8.5 SPG
5.1 BPG
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
salamander

Post by salamander »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:53 am blah blah blaharting line up of Russell / Beasley / X / Culver :D / KAT we need those 2 other spoblah blah blah
:D
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Was trying to build the team yesterday:

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
Johnson/Hernangomez/Vanderbilt
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Note how the two all stars get initials/nickname whereas the rest have their full names. Hoping Beasley has some sort nickname/initial name next season.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:54 pm Was trying to build the team yesterday:

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Note how the two all stars get initials/nickname whereas the rest have their full names. Hoping Beasley has some sort nickname/initial name next season.
For Malik, thinking either B-Easy or Skittles.

I think Jim Pete made some effort for "Black Panther" yesterday
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

It is THREESLY
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Lol dude :lol: Start giving him the real Beasley's nicknames. Skittles 2.0
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Some of my thoughts:

1. I would need to see how culver performs the rest of the year before I can automatically insert him into the starting lineup. Granted he’s a rookie, there’s been times he’s been absolutely awful this year.
2. Johnson has some game left in him but I’m not sure I’d count on him as a starter. Let’s not forget he showed up to Miami out of shape to start the year.
3. Reid and jmac have been great stories but if I have the opportunity to upgrade either of those backup spots I’d pull the trigger.
4. I look at that roster and I’m not sure it joins the upper class of the west. Can that squad take down the lakers or the clippers? Ultimately that’s what we need to ask ourselves because towns impending free agency status is approaching, and without any playoff success he’s not sticking around, even with dlo in tow. Your projection doesn’t include our draft picks next year so I’m thinking we may need to package one, maybe even both, along with a player or two and try to go big game fishing again.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Some of my thoughts:

1. I would need to see how culver performs the rest of the year before I can automatically insert him into the starting lineup. Granted he’s a rookie, there’s been times he’s been absolutely awful this year.
2. Johnson has some game left in him but I’m not sure I’d count on him as a starter. Let’s not forget he showed up to Miami out of shape to start the year.
3. Reid and jmac have been great stories but if I have the opportunity to upgrade either of those backup spots I’d pull the trigger.
4. I look at that roster and I’m not sure it joins the upper class of the west. Can that squad take down the lakers or the clippers? Ultimately that’s what we need to ask ourselves because towns impending free agency status is approaching, and without any playoff success he’s not sticking around, even with dlo in tow. Your projection doesn’t include our draft picks next year so I’m thinking we may need to package one, maybe even both, along with a player or two and try to go big game fishing again.
Towns FA? It's in another 4 years. Irregardless, you make the point that having him happy is the most important factor.

Culver is neither here nor there yet. he was projected to be like Nick Anderson, and apart from his shooting, he is following the same stats for the rookie season.

I hope Johnson has a LOT more left in the tank. In any case, we are starting to fill the spots of starters and backups.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Dlo/McLaughlin/Nowell
Beasley/Okogie/Evans
Culver/Layman/Martin
KAT/Reid/Spellman

Some of my thoughts:

Towns FA? It's in another 4 years. Irregardless, you make the point that having him happy is the most important factor.

Culver is neither here nor there yet. he was projected to be like Nick Anderson, and apart from his shooting, he is following the same stats for the rookie season.

I hope Johnson has a LOT more left in the tank. In any case, we are starting to fill the spots of starters and backups.
I agree, our roster is improving. If I had to construct our roster for next year at the moment, it would look as follows:

Dlo/?/McLaughlin
Beasley/okogie/Evans
*culver*/layman/Martin
?/Johnson or Hernangomez/Vanderbilt
Towns/Reid/spellman

The question marks are needing to be filled via the draft or free agency/trades.

The asterisk by culver indicates his position is based on how the rest of his season and offseason/summer league goes.

A decision needs to be made on Johnson, if you see him being able to play beyond his contract I let Hernangomez walk. If not, then re-sign Hernangomez as the backup, let Johnson either ride the bench as a player-coach or include him in a trade as an expiring, and send Vanderbilt to Iowa.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:22 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Some of my thoughts:

I agree, our roster is improving. If I had to construct our roster for next year at the moment, it would look as follows:

Dlo/?/McLaughlin
Beasley/okogie/Evans
*culver*/layman/Martin
?/Johnson or Hernangomez/Vanderbilt
Towns/Reid/spellman

The question marks are needing to be filled via the draft or free agency/trades.

The asterisk by culver indicates his position is based on how the rest of his season and offseason/summer league goes.

A decision needs to be made on Johnson, if you see him being able to play beyond his contract I let Hernangomez walk. If not, then re-sign Hernangomez as the backup, let Johnson either ride the bench as a player-coach or include him in a trade as an expiring, and send Vanderbilt to Iowa.
:thumbsup:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Need as many J's we can get. We should keep both Juancho and JJ.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Jodaaa, come in here and apologize for this 2 game win streak we are on.