Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Layman Is Practicing Again

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Layman Is Practicing Again

Post by flexbuffchest »

Yeah!
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
winforlose

Re: Layman Is Practicing Again

Post by winforlose »

Love it.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Oh, man. I’ll be there in person tonight. Maybe it’s the game I’ll finally splurge for courtside tix. I can tell my future grandkids that I was there the night Allen Crabbe made his debut. It’ll be legendary.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Wolves record with Layman: 8-6
Wolves record w/o Layman: 7-21
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm Oh, man. I’ll be there in person tonight. Maybe it’s the game I’ll finally splurge for courtside tix. I can tell my future grandkids that I was there the night Allen Crabbe made his debut. It’ll be legendary.
Splurge and get courtside seats. If your lucky you can catch Crabbes first air ball as a wolf. Given the track record of players regressing when they come here I give you 60-40 odds ;)
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm Oh, man. I’ll be there in person tonight. Maybe it’s the game I’ll finally splurge for courtside tix. I can tell my future grandkids that I was there the night Allen Crabbe made his debut. It’ll be legendary.
Better get ready!

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Yay?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:22 pm
As KG said when Chauncey’s bobblehead came out, “not the handsomest man.”
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Better get ready!

I think I'll actually refuse. It's disgusting. I can find a ticket in the first row behind the visitors bench that lists for $216, which is outrageous itself for this team, but then they add a fuckin 25% facility fee on top to push it up near $270. Even the assholes at Ticketmaster don't hit 20%. You'd think buying directly from the team would avoid that bullshit, but it appears they just realized they could act as their own middlemen, I guess.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm
Better get ready!

I think I'll actually refuse. It's disgusting. I can find a ticket in the first row behind the visitors bench that lists for $216, which is outrageous itself for this team, but then they add a fuckin 25% facility fee on top to push it up near $270. Even the assholes at Ticketmaster don't hit 20%. You'd think buying directly from the team would avoid that bullshit, but it appears they just realized they could act as their own middlemen, I guess.
I think you were trying to quote me. I don’t blame you, a courtside seat for a team with this home record should cost no more than 100 and probably no more than 50 if we are going to play small ball.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

winforlose wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm
SHAFA wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Better get ready!

I think you were trying to quote me. I don’t blame you, a courtside seat for a team with this home record should cost no more than 100 and probably no more than 50 if we are going to play small ball.
Whooopsie. Yep.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Obviously Layman and Crabbe aren't guys that spike the needle....if the idea is to retain Crabbe at a much cheaper rate this offseason, you have two swings off the bench that are very capable from deep. Layman had a small sample size...but he clearly made a positive impact, and even though Crabbe is having a down year, he's a career high 30's from deep.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

So excited! Layman is back! Crabbe ready to shoot the 3 ball!!

This is going to turn it all around!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jake Layman is the straw that stirs the drink. Think he ain't? STIR THAT DRINK!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm Jake Layman is the straw that stirs the drink. Think he ain't? STIR THAT DRINK!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

One of the best actors ever

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm Jake Layman is the straw that stirs the drink. Think he ain't? STIR THAT DRINK!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

One of the best actors ever
Aww yeah! Jake Layman's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:43 pm
As KG said when Chauncey’s bobblehead came out, “not the handsomest man.”
Maybe those ears are like radars to help him shoot threes.

Always liked this guy’s game and wanted a player like him as a piece for the Wolves bench.

Will fit the system better than any other player Rosas has picked up. Doubt he’s long for this team.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Layman, our second best player, literally.

Towns
Layman
Culver
Wiggins
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Playoffs I hear you say?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Hopefully he's back in time to lead the playoff push.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Well no air balls, but 1 for 4 from 3, and he sucked in all other aspects of the game as well. At least we didn’t give up our backup PG for him. Oh wait ;)
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

winforlose wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:42 am Well no air balls, but 1 for 4 from 3, and he sucked in all other aspects of the game as well. At least we didn’t give up our backup PG for him. Oh wait ;)
Unless Jeff Teague was going to net you something, I'm not sure the loss really matters? And we all know, the way Teague came out this season....he was only going to be used as cap fodder. If we gave a piece of our team away that would actually be here next year, then I could agree with your sentiment....but Teague had no value and had zero chance of coming back here.

Dude literally asked to be a backup....it's truly one of the weakest things I've seen from an athlete, ever.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm
winforlose wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:42 am Well no air balls, but 1 for 4 from 3, and he sucked in all other aspects of the game as well. At least we didn’t give up our backup PG for him. Oh wait ;)
Unless Jeff Teague was going to net you something, I'm not sure the loss really matters? And we all know, the way Teague came out this season....he was only going to be used as cap fodder. If we gave a piece of our team away that would actually be here next year, then I could agree with your sentiment....but Teague had no value and had zero chance of coming back here.

Dude literally asked to be a backup....it's truly one of the weakest things I've seen from an athlete, ever.
The loss is opportunity loss. Package Teague and Roco and now you are talking about big money players. G is now the only player who can package with Roco and G has a second year on the contract. Also Crabbe is worse than a second round pick because he won’t stay. He is already talking trash about Minnesota winter and he hasn’t been here two weeks. A tryout for a player you don’t need/want vs a blue chip trade piece.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

winforlose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm

The loss is opportunity loss. Package Teague and Roco and now you are talking about big money players. G is now the only player who can package with Roco and G has a second year on the contract. Also Crabbe is worse than a second round pick because he won’t stay. He is already talking trash about Minnesota winter and he hasn’t been here two weeks. A tryout for a player you don’t need/want vs a blue chip trade piece.
Lol. Nobody is giving up a "Big Money player" for Teague and RoCo.

Good lord.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

winforlose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pmThe loss is opportunity loss. Package Teague and Roco and now you are talking about big money players.
Which player were you anticipating bringing in for that package? Logic would dictate that you’d get the best value in dealing Covington to a team that’s on the cusp of a championship. Those teams aren’t going to just hand over anyone of significance.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:45 pm
winforlose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:52 pmThe loss is opportunity loss. Package Teague and Roco and now you are talking about big money players.
Which player were you anticipating bringing in for that package? Logic would dictate that you’d get the best value in dealing Covington to a team that’s on the cusp of a championship. Those teams aren’t going to just hand over anyone of significance.
Teams that want to make the playoffs this year or even next are in there too.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 pm
SHAFA wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Teams that want to make the playoffs this year or even next are in there too.
Sure, but even so, they'd be shuffling out a part of their core to do it. Unless I'm misinterpreting the meaning of "big money players". To me, that's a statement pointed towards bringing back someone that would actually provide a need here over, you know, a large expiring deal and draft picks.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Three things.

1. Any team we traded Roco and Teague too could have moved one or both afterward. If they are under the cap after the trade they can even package them.

2. You can throw in a pick or a third player and make a run at someone of value. I still think Tobias Harris would have been available given that Roco fills his spot and Teague adds valuable depth at PG. There are others, this is just a forinstance.

3. CBS sports called Teague the best available backup PG. If you honestly believe no team making a playoff run could use a reliable backup PG you aren’t paying attention. Even Derrick Rose is getting serious trade interest.

The Crabbe trade gets us nothing in the grand scheme unless we either trade Crabbe (this season or sign and trade next season) or resign him using bird rights, (not sure he is worth much.) Otherwise we literally only saved 2.1 million, and I am sick of trading for money, (Roy for Foy anyone.) Finally, a second round pick at least has some value. If Crabbe turns out to have no future value this was a terrible joke of a botch.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

We're coming!!! :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

winforlose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 pm Three things.

1. Any team we traded Roco and Teague too could have moved one or both afterward. If they are under the cap after the trade they can even package them.

2. You can throw in a pick or a third player and make a run at someone of value. I still think Tobias Harris would have been available given that Roco fills his spot and Teague adds valuable depth at PG. There are others, this is just a forinstance.

3. CBS sports called Teague the best available backup PG. If you honestly believe no team making a playoff run could use a reliable backup PG you aren’t paying attention. Even Derrick Rose is getting serious trade interest.

The Crabbe trade gets us nothing in the grand scheme unless we either trade Crabbe (this season or sign and trade next season) or resign him using bird rights, (not sure he is worth much.) Otherwise we literally only saved 2.1 million, and I am sick of trading for money, (Roy for Foy anyone.) Finally, a second round pick at least has some value. If Crabbe turns out to have no future value this was a terrible joke of a botch.
Lol. The Sixers would never consider trading Harris for RoCo and Teague :lol:

Secondly, there isn't going to be any "Sign and trade" with Crabbe. He is about worthless and so was Teague. It was a lateral move. Saved a bit of money and Crabbe at least fits the system they are trying to run here. Maybe we found a guy who can actually shoot to come off the bench or it might be they don't care to have him back. It's nothing more or nothing less.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master