Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

strike while the iron's hot - trade KAT

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

strike while the iron's hot - trade KAT

Post by somuchyummy »

i won't get into it. but we should give the guy a break. it is, after all, hard to play with both your thumbs stuck up your ass.

boston's on a big skid for them. i think 4 and 7 in their last 11 games. they might be looking for a shakeup - and KAT is still a major commodity in the league. if we could get tatum, smart, whatever and a bunch of picks - i'd do it tonight.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: strike while the iron's hot - trade KAT

Post by RubeTube »

In!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Agree!! It’s obvious the guy just doesn’t get it.
Style

Post by Style »

We have one good player. Let’s not trade him.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
D_H

Post by D_H »

Style wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:43 pm We have one good player. Let’s not trade him.
On 1 end of the floor, that is a problem.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the trade would swap KAT - who is a blessed offensive player with limited interest on the other end of the court - for tatum, who is also a talented offensive player, but one who regularly earns praise for his great D. my opinion is that KAT and tatum are on the same tier talentwise - with tatum having the edge because he gets it defensively.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

D_H wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Style wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:43 pm We have one good player. Let’s not trade him.
On 1 end of the floor, that is a problem.
We’d have bigger problems than trying to cover KATs D if we accepted that crappy offer posted above.

Marcus Smart? Seriously?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

smart's a hard nosed player included for matching salary purposes - main players in the deal would be tatum and multiple firsts.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Wish I could pull up posts from the old board about the same dopes wanting KG gone.

"Kg is good all around but he can't score and isn't clutch, trade him while he's got value."
D_H

Post by D_H »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 pm Wish I could pull up posts from the old board about the same dopes wanting KG gone.

"Kg is good all around but he can't score and isn't clutch, trade him while he's got value."
There’s a huge difference between Kevin Garnett and KAT, I’m confident you’re intelligent enough to see that?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KAT is a cornerstone piece of this team - but what you saw tonight was a "cornerstone" going MIA. cornerstones don't do that - so in essence, i just don't believe in KAT anymore as some sort of transformational player. he's weak willed and you can't have that in your main guy.
D_H

Post by D_H »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:06 pm KAT is a cornerstone piece of this team - but what you saw tonight was a "cornerstone" going MIA. cornerstones don't do that - so in essence, i just don't believe in KAT anymore as some sort of transformational player. he's weak willed and you can't have that in your main guy.
BINGO
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

tatum is 21/7/3 with a steal and half and a block per game - on 47%/36%/84% plus excellent D. and he does this sharing the ball on a team with kemba walker, gordon hayward and jaylen brown. kid ain't chopped liver in any sense.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:04 pm Wish I could pull up posts from the old board about the same dopes wanting KG gone.

Kat isn't close to what KG was. He's closer to Kevin Love.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Kat isn't close to what KG was. He's closer to Kevin Love.
agree. KAT's a better offensive player than KG, a waaaaaaaay worse not in the same universe defensive player - and heartwise, there's no comparison. KG didn't take games off - it's part of KAT's lifestyle to do that - and then offer up trite, "heartfelt" comments postgame about how committed he is. i call bullshit. if he was committed to this team, he'd play every game as if it mattered - and on both ends of the floor - and he certainly wouldn't be lobbying for his buddy DLo - another horseshit defensive player (and KAT knows it) - to come here.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

I had some sarcastic remarks ready, but since sarcasm doesn’t translate well on message boards, I will just ask “what the actual fu** are you people talking about?)

1. KAT is 24 years old and on the first year of a 5 year deal. To trade him away for anything less than a franchise player (Harden, Embiid, Lebron, Irving, etc... is to set back the franchise at least 5 probably 10 years. Have you forgotten the years after we traded KG. This isn’t a team known for drafting well. Also where do you think we are? How many top level free agents are beating down our doors? The only reason we got Teague and Crawford in 2017 is because the addition of Butler made us look like a legit contender. Name the best free agent we signed before Teague? We still overpaid for Teague. Name the next best free agent we didn’t need to overpay. You honestly think Tatum is going to lead a mismanaged team to the playoffs? Also, for those whose who forgot the next time we traded away our franchise player (the Kevin love trade) it didn’t work out well for us that time either.

2. Blaming KAT for what’s happening this season is like blaming gay people for hurricanes. Could he play better defense? Sure he could. Does he have incentive to play his hardest on a losing team in a tanking season on the back end of a back to back of course not. The man hasn’t even got his conditioning back, what do you expect from him? Teams that have winning records get extra hustle. Teams that have a second legit star get extra hustle. Teams that are well coached get extra hustle. Teams that run the correct system get extra hustle. We don’t do/have any of the above.

3. KAT is 24. You really don’t think with a proper coach and system he can improve defensively? You think it is all laziness and softness? Do you ever consider the possibility that the man is not a center. Jim Pete hit the nail on the head tonight when he said “they bring in Gorgui because he’s their shot blocker.” Last season we had KAT guarding the 4 and Taj guarding the 5 because KAT doesn’t do well as a defensive center. He is undersized and under muscled. Add to this, Ryan and Rosas have no Fu***** clue how to implement a proper defensive zone or scheme. Toronto was everywhere tonight. We gave up layup after layup because our guards (Napier a perennial backup, and JM a G league undersized PG with poor speed and defensive skills) were facing Lowry and VanFleet. Gimme a break. You blame KAT for our poor defensive effort? Also, while I agree KAT is whiny, he has a point about the refs. The other stars in the league get tons of whistles, KAT and the wolves do not. We were getting hit on 1/3 to 1/2 of our possessions and getting maybe 1/4 of the whistles we should have got.

I could go on and on. End of the day, you trade KAT you might as well give up and move the team somewhere warm. It’s bad enough we have an inept owner, a clown for a head coach, and a POBO who literally does not care about winning. Now we have a fan base who thinks our best bet is to rely on mediocre players to replace an up and coming superstar in this league. Five years from now people will look at KAT the way they look at AD and you will look back on this as just plain silly.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

superstars don't squander the best years of their careers NOT hustling because they are on "bad" teams. they lead by example and, despite whatever obstacles, make their presence felt in terms of winning. that's not KAT. we have had plenty of evidence to show us that that's not him. pretending that KAT is more than that doesn't help this team at all - and no, i don't expect jayson tatum to lead this mess to relevance in the playoffs if we acquired him this year. but i'd expect him to show up every night and instill some pride in performance in the team. and maybe that would build into next year. KAT, like it or not, is part of the problem - not the solution here.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 pm superstars don't squander the best years of their careers NOT hustling because they are on "bad" teams. they lead by example and, despite whatever obstacles, make their presence felt in terms of winning. that's not KAT. we have had plenty of evidence to show us that that's not him. pretending that KAT is more than that doesn't help this team at all - and no, i don't expect jayson tatum to lead this mess to relevance in the playoffs if we acquired him this year. but i'd expect him to show up every night and instill some pride in performance in the team. and maybe that would build into next year. KAT, like it or not, is part of the problem - not the solution here.
Do me a favor. Look up how many games KAT missed before this season. You are on the back end of a back to back after both being injured and sick. If your complaining about his effort, consider the circumstances behind it. Also look at his rebounding and stats before the injury. This game was a team failure. The system is broken on offense and defense. This was not on KAT. Wiggins scored 3 points in the second half. Look at the PG play, look at Roco’s poor play and inability to create his own shot. Your arguments not only lack sense, but completely ignore what actually happened tonight. VanFleet and Lowry killed our defense. Napier, Culver, JM, and everyone else we threw at them got annihilated. Our defense failed at every level, because our coaching fails at every level. Ryan had no answer for the mismatches.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Typical rube retorts, "He's saying KAT is as good as KG!" Jesus fucking christ.

You keep really good players, KAT is a really good player. You build around him and help in area's he's weak, just like Dirk. Name all the two way players in the league. Name those guys will an offensive game near KAT's?
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:49 pm Typical rube retorts, "He's saying KAT is as good as KG!" Jesus fucking christ.
First, I didn’t say that. Second, in their respective first five years, your damn right he is. KAT realized we are in a 3 point shooting era, so he developed a 3 point shot. KATs summer league passing blew everyone away, and he carried that into the NBA in his rookie season and beyond. KAT joined a team that was arguably as bad or worse than any team KG played on and made an immediate impact. This was supposed to be Wiggins team, KAT quickly corrected that misconception.

You put KG on a pedestal all you want, but the man had his flaws as well. He was never enough of an inside presence, always focusing on the fade away. He was never strong enough to bang with the centers so he played PF, the same position that KAT should be playing. KG wasn’t as whiny as KAT, but he trashed talked way to much. His attitude helped drive away Marbury and his demand for top dollar helped keep us in a position where we could not afford top tier talent to pair with him.

Everyone knows comparing different era players is almost impossible. If KG played in his prime in the modern NBA, he likely wouldn’t be half the legend that he is today. KAT will find his way, just like KG did.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I have less fun watching this team when he plays. He's just a bummer.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Don’t trade KAT.

(KAT for DLo, GSW 2020 1st unprotected, another unprotected first, and Paschall.)
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

:lol:

Like clockwork.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Fuck and No!!!!

This board has lost it’s shit. For one thing they are trying to lose, people need to understand it and live with it. I’m not using this shit as anything as an evaluation of the you talent on the Team, primarily Culver, Naz and Nowell.

Rosas and Ryan are on full tank, get over it and live with it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:33 am Fuck and No!!!!

This board has lost it’s shit. For one thing they are trying to lose, people need to understand it and live with it. I’m not using this shit as anything as an evaluation of the you talent on the Team, primarily Culver, Naz and Nowell.

Rosas and Ryan are on full tank, get over it and live with it.
It's already his 5th year. He will be going on year 6 and hasn't done anything without Butler doing the heavy lifting. This isn't some knee jerk reaction.

On top of it, they aren't getting anyone here anytime soon to build around him anyway unless DLO tickles your fancy.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:11 pm tatum is 21/7/3 with a steal and half and a block per game - on 47%/36%/84% plus excellent D. and he does this sharing the ball on a team with kemba walker, gordon hayward and jaylen brown. kid ain't chopped liver in any sense.
Hmm, just a cursory look at Tatum's statistical profile and unless Tatum is the reincarnation of Tony Allen on defense, Towns seems to be multiple tiers above Tatum.

He's an inefficient scorer, his assist totals from a wing do not paint the picture of someone who is a particularly good playmaker, his three point shooting is decent.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 pm superstars don't squander the best years of their careers NOT hustling because they are on "bad" teams. they lead by example and, despite whatever obstacles, make their presence felt in terms of winning. that's not KAT. we have had plenty of evidence to show us that that's not him. pretending that KAT is more than that doesn't help this team at all - and no, i don't expect jayson tatum to lead this mess to relevance in the playoffs if we acquired him this year. but i'd expect him to show up every night and instill some pride in performance in the team. and maybe that would build into next year. KAT, like it or not, is part of the problem - not the solution here.
People are affected by their environment, you're stuck on a bad team for years and it's going to affect your willingness to try. I think they were trying hard and confident early in the season but obviously that quickly changed. It's not like KAT has just been mailing it in this year, he's been exceptional on the whole when he plays, though he's missed quite a few games. He needs to play and he needs to try hard, don't overreact to a couple games though.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I think KAT is a fake leader and is immature as hell.

Having said that, I'd want Tatum, probably 2 picks, and Wiggins gone also....probably to a 3rd team.

I'd rather build around a wing than a big but that's me.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

winforlose wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:49 pm Typical rube retorts, "He's saying KAT is as good as KG!" Jesus fucking christ.
First, I didn’t say that. Second, in their respective first five years, your damn right he is. KAT realized we are in a 3 point shooting era, so he developed a 3 point shot. KATs summer league passing blew everyone away, and he carried that into the NBA in his rookie season and beyond. KAT joined a team that was arguably as bad or worse than any team KG played on and made an immediate impact. This was supposed to be Wiggins team, KAT quickly corrected that misconception.

You put KG on a pedestal all you want, but the man had his flaws as well. He was never enough of an inside presence, always focusing on the fade away. He was never strong enough to bang with the centers so he played PF, the same position that KAT should be playing. KG wasn’t as whiny as KAT, but he trashed talked way to much. His attitude helped drive away Marbury and his demand for top dollar helped keep us in a position where we could not afford top tier talent to pair with him.

Everyone knows comparing different era players is almost impossible. If KG played in his prime in the modern NBA, he likely wouldn’t be half the legend that he is today. KAT will find his way, just like KG did.
Wasn't referencing you in my post, was more towards the court jesters above.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Like a lunatic, I've been up since 4 and possibly its affecting my.judgement.

Do it trade em. I want a monster package back though. AD trade and then some. I think hes destined to put up 25 and 12 for years and never amount to shit. Empty stat king of the 2020s.