Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
irishman89

Re: Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

Post by irishman89 »

Russell was soooo bad in their last game, and most games I watch him play. Terrified of bringing him in.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am Not much of a trade. Glenn gets a little bit of pocket change in the salary exchange and the Wolves own the Bird Rights to Allen Crabbe.
Also opens up a roster spot.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm Hopefully just the prelude to whats next.

More wings yeaaaa
It's less wings ;)

Shipped out two and got one back

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Style wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:46 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm Lot of people claiming more moves are definitely coming... So could be a fun next couple weeks.
Buddy Hield just ripped the Sacramento fans. That can't be good. Wiggins/Hield. Let's play.

Or, roofie Vlade and get Fox. Let's get Fox.
Hield, Bogdan and Giles for Wigs and lotto pro 1st!!!
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

With Crabbe being unable to be packaged our trade possibilities shrunk big time. If Rosas has a second move planned (Trading Ricky for the Okogie pick and then signing JFT) so be it. If not, the man has made two bad trades in one year and tanked a playoff viable season.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:43 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Part of my thinking. In a "normal" year the GSW would allow us to swap picks, not this year. So having leverage to recoup value won't not exist if we wait, taking away the point really, but I don't like sending out a pick to a team when we are making them better. If I were looking at something I might offer a 2022 pick swap. It keeps us in the draft a flyer might fall to the back half, GS might have a chance at a higher pick in the double draft. That and probably a 2nd.
This is the wise play....something else will have to be added, whether it's a protected pick or a guy like Okogie....but giving the pick next year flat outright is too much given both teams situations.
I don't know that it will be much more as far as players go than Covington and Dieng for Russell and Evans. The Warriors are hard capped and a deal including Okogie might be hard. But I have not done the math on it so I could be wrong.

CHECKED. You can add Okogie and Robinson to the deal and it seems to work.
Yeah...I know it's tight, so tight that they couldn't ask for Culver even if they were greedy fucks. But value wise...considering both teams next year. GS would have the highest paid bench player in the league on an already capped team. Meanwhile, Cov is coveted by all contending teams and Dieng has actually made his way into an asset that a team wouldn't mind taking on. Especially a team like GS who really only has Looney as their only competent big. Value wise, situations....Dlo for Cov and Dieng are a pretty fair deal. And part of that is because Dlo has just been meh....we know he can play better, but he's not shown out that hard for GS, certainly not enough for them to demand our 1st rounder outright this year. Oke would a settling point for me....I could handle losing him more than losing our pick, especially without protection.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm
irishman89 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm Crabbe won't ever suit up here. He's barely played in 2 years due to having one trashed knee. Trashed.

Get ready for DSJ or Aaron Holiday with Wiggins and Covington both gone along the way...my prediction. Rosas knows now moving Wiggins and Teague are the key to keeping Kat happy and building around him for real. I think Kat has personal issues with Teague.
How are we shedding nearly 50 million in cap space and winding up with Smith or Holiday? :lol:

Are you suggesting a Morris/Portis/DSJ for Wiggins and Okogie?! And what does Covington get moved for if we cleared out the main wing guy we have, at that point you'd keep him and push him down to SF where his shooting and defense have a little more shine.
Wiggins in NY? Yes please! Comedy gold.
Especially next to Barrett who is looking similar to Wiggins

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This Allan Crabbe guy ok?
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm This Allan Crabbe guy ok?
Bigger bust than Wiggins
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Catalyst wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 am Really addtion by subtraction and looks like we probably aren't done. I just hope RoCo isn't next.
Unfortunately. this is exactly correct. We do really well by not having Graham play anymore. Teague was up and down.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Bigger bust than Wiggins
:lol:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:05 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

How are we shedding nearly 50 million in cap space and winding up with Smith or Holiday? :lol:

Are you suggesting a Morris/Portis/DSJ for Wiggins and Okogie?! And what does Covington get moved for if we cleared out the main wing guy we have, at that point you'd keep him and push him down to SF where his shooting and defense have a little more shine.
Wiggins in NY? Yes please! Comedy gold.
Especially next to Barrett who is looking similar to Wiggins
Canadian bash brothers....eh?! In all seriousness...having two wings is completely fine, especially since Barrett can shoot some. It's not PG13/Leonard....but having two similar wings isn't a bad thing. Counting on NY handling that well though....that is comedy gold.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm
Bigger bust than Wiggins
See for yourself. Overpaid, always injured, and massive underperformer for the money.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:53 pm Russell was soooo bad in their last game, and most games I watch him play. Terrified of bringing him in.
Rosas seems to have a bit of the same fixation on DLO that THIBBS had for Butler.......if it’s DLO or bust for Rosas - I am fine with it at this point and I have ripped on DLO in the past.

Although Dallas may have an extra PG they could move for Covington.

The Wolves are in a real mess at the PG position, IMO KAT is throwing heat on Rosas behind the scenes to address it ASAP or it will get ugly. DLO hasn’t done really anything, but this team is so screwed at PG that a young DLO looks like an answer to some Wolves prayers at this point. His relationship with KAT makes it a worthwhile calculated gamble for me, not to mention he would bring an assassins attitude to the PG position the Wolves haven’t had since Marbury.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

LET’S GO ROSAS!!

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_J

Post by T_J »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:05 pm

This is the wise play....something else will have to be added, whether it's a protected pick or a guy like Okogie....but giving the pick next year flat outright is too much given both teams situations.
I don't know that it will be much more as far as players go than Covington and Dieng for Russell and Evans. The Warriors are hard capped and a deal including Okogie might be hard. But I have not done the math on it so I could be wrong.

Yeah...I know it's tight, so tight that they couldn't ask for Culver even if they were greedy fucks. But value wise...considering both teams next year. GS would have the highest paid bench player in the league on an already capped team. Meanwhile, Cov is coveted by all contending teams and Dieng has actually made his way into an asset that a team wouldn't mind taking on. Especially a team like GS who really only has Looney as their only competent big. Value wise, situations....Dlo for Cov and Dieng are a pretty fair deal. And part of that is because Dlo has just been meh....we know he can play better, but he's not shown out that hard for GS, certainly not enough for them to demand our 1st rounder outright this year. Oke would a settling point for me....I could handle losing him more than losing our pick, especially without protection.
I agree. Dlo is still more upside that for sure all-star caliber guy and on a huge deal. We don't need to sweeten that thing beyond Cov and Dieng. I would draw a line in the sand there and just look elsewhere in the offseason if it takes more.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Culver would make the deal problematic.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Does feel like Rosas couldve at least squeezed out a 2nd rounder.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Whos the next trade for?:

DLo
AHoliday
Brunson
DSJ
Rozier
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm Does feel like Rosas couldve at least squeezed out a 2nd rounder.
With what leverage? ATL was already giving us savings and a roster spot. If anything ATL had the leverage.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:20 pm Whos the next trade for?:

DLo
AHoliday
Brunson
DSJ
Rozier
I don't know if they have the salaries now to match any DLo trade.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:36 pm

DLo
AHoliday
Brunson
DSJ
Rozier
???

Sure they do.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

DLo
AHoliday
Brunson
DSJ
Rozier
???

Sure they do.
YOu realize it has to be contracts that GSW would take back in the deal, right???
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:45 pm

???

Sure they do.
YOu realize it has to be contracts that GSW would take back in the deal, right???
I think we have them or they are moronic. Covington is a perfect fit for them, Dieng is two-fold. 1. he provides a positional need, 2. he is a 2021 expiring in a deep FA market who will either provide value by being re-signed for less or traded to a team with a big contract. Past that it is sweetener Okogie, picks ect...
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

If we lose Cov for DLo we can just kiss any defensive improvement at all goodbye.
My heart is family.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm

???

Sure they do.
I think we have them or they are moronic. Covington is a perfect fit for them, Dieng is two-fold. 1. he provides a positional need, 2. he is a 2021 expiring in a deep FA market who will either provide value by being re-signed for less or traded to a team with a big contract. Past that it is sweetener Okogie, picks ect...
They are not going to take 2 years of Dieng. That is idiotic. If they trade Russell that is because htey want to unload the salary slot, not take on more 2020-21 salary.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

winforlose wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:11 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Bigger bust than Wiggins
See for yourself. Overpaid, always injured, and massive underperformer for the money.
That's quite hyperbolic if it's a serious statement. Crabbe was a second rounder who got paid the summer of the giant jump in the cap, when guys like Bazemore, Turner, Parsons, Batum, Deng, Noah and Mozgov were all reeling in $70+ mil. He was never going to live up to that contract.

So, bigger bust than Wigs? Come on, man.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 pm

They are not going to take 2 years of Dieng. That is idiotic. If they trade Russell that is because htey want to unload the salary slot, not take on more 2020-21 salary.
LOL. Dieng and Covington make them a better team, period. AND there is probably no team that will give up that much in terms of what they need. You might find a team that will give up a couple of young guys and/or picks, but is that what the GSW's want? Dieng is not really a bad contract to that team, better than DLo anyways. Moreover unloading Russells salary doesn't do them anything, they are over the cap, do you not understand how this works? You think they want a 27 mil TPE they may never use to get players that help them as much as the ones we can offer? I am not saying a deal is going to happen, but we have a more than fair offer for a player we might be one of the only teams willing to take on his contract.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Trading for Dlo to keep KAT happy has shades of KG and the resigning of T-Hud.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm Trading for Dlo to keep KAT happy has shades of KG and the resigning of T-Hud.
Agreed. I don't like it one bit. I hope they are just using GS to drive up Covington's value while telling KAT they tried.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:01 pm
mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 pm

LOL. Dieng and Covington make them a better team, period. AND there is probably no team that will give up that much in terms of what they need. You might find a team that will give up a couple of young guys and/or picks, but is that what the GSW's want? Dieng is not really a bad contract to that team, better than DLo anyways. Moreover unloading Russells salary doesn't do them anything, they are over the cap, do you not understand how this works? You think they want a 27 mil TPE they may never use to get players that help them as much as the ones we can offer? I am not saying a deal is going to happen, but we have a more than fair offer for a player we might be one of the only teams willing to take on his contract.
They would not stop laughing at any deal involving Dieng...